PDA

View Full Version : Prestos/Safeway/Somerfield reunion

dunderheed
06-May-06, 20:27
I heard on the grapevine that there is going to be a reunion in July/August sometime. Does anybody ken where abouts and the date could be worth a gander doon

pultneytooner
06-May-06, 20:34
I take it that the morrisons staff are not invited?;)

dunderheed
06-May-06, 20:39
The shop in wick never was a morrisons, okay it was owned by morrisons but never traded as such

connieb19
06-May-06, 20:56
What about Liptons and Templetons staff?:confused

dunderheed
06-May-06, 21:13
I Dont ken.I only heard rumours. Get in contact with the shop, Im sure they enlighten you.

JAWS
06-May-06, 22:52
Would somebody like to provide information for a poor soul who can only go back as far as Prestos in Wick.
Just how many names has it had? :roll:

pultneytooner
06-May-06, 23:03
Prestos was the first to occupy that building at the riverside, the ones connie mentioned were the companies that were taken over but were sited elsewhere.

Buttercup
06-May-06, 23:06
Would somebody like to provide information for a poor soul who can only go back as far as Prestos in Wick.
Just how many names has it had? :roll:
Presume It was the same as Thurso:
Lipton - Templetons - Presto - Safeway - Morrisons - Sommerfield

Squares
07-May-06, 07:54
The 20 year Re-union will take place on 5th Aug, in the Francis St Club, the music will be by Whisky band, tickets will cost £3 (to cover costs)

Anyone who worked in the store over the past 20 years are invited.

Already there has been a lot of interest shown and a page is being set up here on the Org's Re-unions page to sign up if you need a ticket.

(of course anyone who worked in the High St store will be most warmly welcomed)

dunderheed
07-May-06, 08:17
hmm, bad planning there. its the same night as the thursa gala

Squares
07-May-06, 08:50
Dance not starting until 9pm on Sat, so watch the "5 floats" Thurso usually have then come down to dance!!!!

We are also having an after re-union "curry & karaoke " party on the Sunday in FSC, 2/3pm onwards.

angela5
07-May-06, 10:22
Dance not starting until 9pm on Sat, so watch the "5 floats" Thurso usually have then come down to dance!!!!

5 floats!! surely Thurso has more than that..

JAWS
07-May-06, 18:02
Prestos was the first to occupy that building at the riverside, the ones connie mentioned were the companies that were taken over but were sited elsewhere.
Thanks for that. It's had so many names I'm surprised they bother fixing the signs to the building.
I love seeing the buses with the "Wick Prestos" signs on them. :D