rs 2k
03-Feb-10, 12:48
THS to close today at 12.45

Just got a text from groupcall :D

Must b bad snow in Thurso or something

Or the heaters have packed in

unicorn
03-Feb-10, 12:53
Ah cheers for that I just noticed my text.

Phill
03-Feb-10, 13:04
Could it be this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8495274.stm

unicorn
03-Feb-10, 13:14
No definately not that, hubby home cos of that.

veekay
03-Feb-10, 13:16
I have just telephoned the school the school is closing because of impending bad weather!

unicorn
03-Feb-10, 13:19
I did check the school closure link http://www.schoolclosures.highlandschools.org.uk/index.asp?areaid=1
but it was not really clear this morning whether the school was closed or if just for those buses.
I also don't seemt to be getting any info on the MFR school closures website any more, is it just me.

young_fishin_neep
03-Feb-10, 13:30
Could it be this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8495274.stm

ahh so thats why big fire truck whent past me with flashing lights whilst i was on the way to doctors.

x

Scarybiscuits03
03-Feb-10, 13:31
I'm confused. We're forecast to have a sunny afternoon and no snow whatsoever............:confused

Venture
03-Feb-10, 14:20
I'm confused. We're forecast to have a sunny afternoon and no snow whatsoever............:confused

Just what I was thinking. Maybe they know something nobody else does.[lol]

tartanyorkie
03-Feb-10, 14:21
What does the text say? I did not get a groupcall as my mobile will not work unless I go into the next street. No sign of mine as yet, hope the buses are running for the country ones.

chaz
03-Feb-10, 14:26
Text says
THS The school will close at 12.45 pm today

i didnt put mine cant get out over hill:)

ShelleyCowie
03-Feb-10, 14:26
ahh so thats why big fire truck whent past me with flashing lights whilst i was on the way to doctors.

x

Yeah my OH got sent home cos o that too. :cool: Ace!

tartanyorkie
03-Feb-10, 14:35
Very strange. My son says rumours of school closing started about 11.45 but they never got a proper reason for the school closing. Would be interested to know what it is other than the gas leak.

dragonfly
03-Feb-10, 14:39
school closing is definately nothing to do with the gas leak as that is only a 500m exclusion zone and school is much further away than that with lots of houses inbetween the 2

Cattach
03-Feb-10, 15:00
school closing is definately nothing to do with the gas leak as that is only a 500m exclusion zone and school is much further away than that with lots of houses inbetween the 2

School is closed due to safety issues related to the gas leak.

tartanyorkie
03-Feb-10, 15:07

I rang the school when I first heard and was also told it was the weather, lol. If the gas leak is on BBC news why be evasive about why the school is closing for safety reasons?

rs 2k
03-Feb-10, 15:43
The gas leak is battery factory side not near the school :)

tartanyorkie
03-Feb-10, 16:04
That is what I thought.

horseman
03-Feb-10, 16:13
Hope you are ok neep!

dragonfly
03-Feb-10, 16:39

err Pennyland is MUCH nearer than High School, was it shut too?

Idlewild
03-Feb-10, 17:37
Pennyland stayed open. Had a phone call from the high school and they were told by Inverness to close at 12.45pm. Think it was to do with the gas leak but its all a bit weird! Still the kids are delighted at getting home early.

Any news on the leak?

tartanyorkie
03-Feb-10, 18:17
Hmm, weird,when I rang to make sure it was true about closing early I was told the teachers had had a discussion about it and decided to close the school because of the weather????? OH will be home soon and he usually hears the most outlandish rumours so will be interesting,lol.

young_fishin_neep
03-Feb-10, 18:22
Hope you are ok neep!

im fine :) thanks
x

ShelleyCowie
03-Feb-10, 18:24
The gas problem down at the battery factory should be sorted by 6-8pm tonight.

If the High School closed because of that then so should Pennyland school! and people at burnside would have been evacuated if it was that serious.

Cattach
03-Feb-10, 18:52
err Pennyland is MUCH nearer than High School, was it shut too?

Suppose should ask also if it was weather why were Miller and Pennyland not closed!

unicorn
03-Feb-10, 18:56
My child was told weather, shelley how do u know the timescale at battery factory, we could do with getting the car back, hubby had to leave it.

Idlewild
03-Feb-10, 19:17
We are the same, car left at BT. OH was sent home early as well but now he is in bed ill, need to organise someone to pick up our car.

Anyone been allowed back to get their cars?

chaz
03-Feb-10, 19:18
I was told by my neighbour a teachers wife it was weather forcast:confused

kitty
03-Feb-10, 19:23
Yeah. I phoned the police about an hour or so ago and all the cars can now be picked up.

ShelleyCowie
03-Feb-10, 19:24
My child was told weather, shelley how do u know the timescale at battery factory, we could do with getting the car back, hubby had to leave it.

I know because my OH is getting updates on it because he is meant to be working but he is here instead lol.

As far as we know cars can be picked up now but still not allowed back in the buildings.

Idlewild
03-Feb-10, 19:29
Thanks Shelley! Not as if we are going to go anywhere but miss the bus sitting outside our house lol.

ShelleyCowie
03-Feb-10, 20:01
Thanks Shelley! Not as if we are going to go anywhere but miss the bus sitting outside our house lol.

Lol ur poor bus will be thinkin its abandoned soon! :lol:

Luckily we dont have a car so dont have to go back out to pick it up! :cool:

Thomas
03-Feb-10, 21:03
My brother came home today and said it was the weather, seems a bit odd because it didn't look that bad.