PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Series III

boreray
03-Feb-10, 00:39
Does anyone have or know where I might be able to find an old series III land rover for spares?

Many thanks

Phill
03-Feb-10, 01:15
Try Whitehouse Garage / G.F Nicholson at Newton Hill. 01955 604718

They have a few bits about.

I've the tub off a Defender HiCap if that's any good!!
:cool:

northener
03-Feb-10, 10:42
Does anyone have or know where I might be able to find an old series III land rover for spares?

Many thanks

Take the B876 from Wick into Castletown. Take the first turning on the left before you get to the school. This is a narrow dead end road that goes up to the top of the hill.

About half way up, look to your left at the derelict croft. There's about 4 or 5 S2 & 3's in the field there by the buildings. Well, they were there last time I went up a few months ago, dunno who owns them though.
I'd try the big modern house on the left at the bottom of the road, he was doing a full rebuild on a Landy - they may even be his.

HTH

Boozeburglar
03-Feb-10, 17:25
mmmmm, will he thank you for letting everyone know they are there? they are kinda hidden away there.. :)

northener
03-Feb-10, 17:33
mmmmm, will he thank you for letting everyone know they are there? they are kinda hidden away there.. :)

Maybe not BB, but you can see them as plain as anything from the road. So if he wants to keep them 'quiet' he needs to attend a Hiding Things Away course.:Razz

Boozeburglar
03-Feb-10, 17:39
but who would happen to pass up that road? now everyone knows! ;)

northener
03-Feb-10, 17:41
but who would happen to pass up that road? now everyone knows! ;)

Me ! I pass up that road.:Razz

Boozeburglar
03-Feb-10, 17:54
Then you should know it is not a dead end! It is a green lane, he he ;)

boreray
03-Feb-10, 20:43
Thanks for the tip. Will perhaps try and find the owner first :)

northener
03-Feb-10, 21:17
Then you should know it is not a dead end! It is a green lane, he he ;)

Indeed, Sir,. That's why I go up there sometimes, nice walk back roond ter Castletown.

I wonder if it's still classed as a lane? I reckon I could squeeze me motorbike in between all those gorse bushes.:eek:

Boozeburglar
03-Feb-10, 21:25
Last time I was up it on four wheels was on a wee fergie. We did take scramblers along it, after crossing the beach. Naughty we were! Mind you I am thinking back nearly thirty years..

:)

Rangie
04-Feb-10, 14:26
I'm the owner of the aforementioned vehicles.
None are for sale.
Long-term restoration project on the go and I am unwilling to part with spares until that is complete.
Try Gordie Nicolson, He has an early S3 88" in for breaking/selling just now.

Rangie.

boreray
05-Feb-10, 21:02
Thank you. Will try and find his contact details.