PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suggest a good dentist

skylight
02-Feb-10, 22:22
Can anyone suggest a good dentist here, especially who is really good with children. Would appreciate any comments and feed back. Thanks

ducati
02-Feb-10, 22:26
Good Luck if you want it on NHS. We've been on the waiting list for 2 years :~(

Green_not_greed
02-Feb-10, 22:29
I can suggest a few good ones. But no cheap ones!

Neil Fearns is very good but bloody pricey........

ShelleyCowie
02-Feb-10, 22:36
I am one of the very lucky ones who got into Lochshell, no waiting. So worth a try to phone there because they are all lovely.

But a few years back i was with Erridge in wick. they were good there, lovely staff that made you feel at ease. :Razz

Good luck though. Waiting lists are mental just now!

lazytown
02-Feb-10, 22:41
I was told previously that children get priority at lochshell, so may be worth a call.

Dadie
02-Feb-10, 22:44
Think kids can skip the queues by going on the childsmile scheme at lochshell.

Phill
02-Feb-10, 22:48
Deffo phone Lochsell, Dadie's right, big push on the Childsmile doodar.

ShelleyCowie
02-Feb-10, 22:53
Think kids can skip the queues by going on the childsmile scheme at lochshell.

Oh how could i forget about child Smile! Athruns registered with them at Pennyland School. See if you can get your child in there, they are lovely too! :Razz

Venture
03-Feb-10, 00:46
My two grandchildren both got in at Lochshell no problem. They are great with kids.;)

brandy
03-Feb-10, 01:46
i would def. say lochshell
bens dentist is lovley!!
they are so wonderful with him, and keep his visits to 10 min at a time with his autism.
both of my children look foward to going to the dentist they both get excited and start shouting YEAH ... we get to see the dentist dr!!!! sad i know!

annemarie482
03-Feb-10, 09:08
there's a brilliant dentist in golspie,
they're a private business run by i think a polish couple but are very reasonably priced and considerate to phobias! (my oh hates going to the dentist)
i know a lot of people who use them.:)

catherine nicol
03-Feb-10, 10:20
I am with Neil Erridge in Back Bridge Street and highly recommend him.

The Bridges Dental Clinic.

Going there tomorrow as it happens.

ragdollyanna
03-Feb-10, 14:08
My kids have a Polish dentist at Lochshell and she was absolutely brilliant with them (magic chair etc) they asked if they could come back "after bed"!

Kids seem to be taken no problem. Adults are another matter. Someone mentioned Golspie, I am with the Golspie Dental Practise, NHS and have had no problems with them - got in there quickly too, though I believe there is a waiting list now.

sunshine23
03-Feb-10, 18:38
Hi,

Were they the same dentists that use to work at BridgeEnd dental practice?

Anji
03-Feb-10, 20:05
I am with Neil Erridge in Back Bridge Street and highly recommend him.

The Bridges Dental Clinic.

I'll second that.

Liz
04-Feb-10, 00:06
I go to Mrs Frame at the Bridges Clinic in Wick and she is excellent!:D

ducati
04-Feb-10, 00:15
Hang on a minute, if there are this many dentists and a population of about 35,000, how come the bliddy waiting list is so long?? [disgust]:roll:

poppett
04-Feb-10, 00:33
Have had emergency treatment with Mr Erridge at the bridges and he was excellent. His temporary dressing to a broken tooth lasted three months until I could get to my usual dentist in Edinburgh as we can`t get a dentist in Caithness. Keep going down the list, not up.

Liz
04-Feb-10, 13:44
Hang on a minute, if there are this many dentists and a population of about 35,000, how come the bliddy waiting list is so long?? [disgust]:roll:

Some of those mentioned are private. So the most painful bit is the cost!:(

northener
04-Feb-10, 14:18
Kaja Frame at the Bridges clinic is very good.

moses
04-Feb-10, 21:13
Is their such a thing as a 'good' dentist, if you are going to the dentist it's not good!

Penelope Pitstop
04-Feb-10, 22:23
there's a brilliant dentist in golspie,
they're a private business run by i think a polish couple but are very reasonably priced and considerate to phobias! (my oh hates going to the dentist)
i know a lot of people who use them.:)

I went there...and wasn't impressed at all. We got the new dentist.

For check up my daughter was told (by the dental assistant - she relayed the information from the dentist) that she needed SIX fillings. Alarm bells starting ringing as she had just been to a private dentist 6 months before that and hadn't needed anything.

We'd been on the NHS waiting list for a few years and I thought it was great when got appointments...now I don't think so.

Any way to cut a long story short I took her back to the private dentist for a check up - guess what she only needs ONE filling and has another tooth on "watch".

By the way I was told I needed 4 fillings and an extraction and husband needed 5 fillings. A girl sitting in the waiting room said she also needed 6 fillings when she started coming the practice. :(

Phill
04-Feb-10, 23:05
I've not been the dentist in years and have had no fillings!

Liz
04-Feb-10, 23:54
I've not been the dentist in years and have had no fillings!

So you're not called Phill McCavity then?!:lol:

Penelope Pitstop
05-Feb-10, 11:01
So you're not called Phill McCavity then?!:lol:

Or maybe even Phill Ma Cavity :lol:

skylight
05-Feb-10, 22:03
Thanks everyone for all your input and advice.. on this minefield of a subject. Cheers everyone!