PDA

View Full Version : Android Tablet

redeyedtreefrog
02-Feb-10, 20:12
What with the launch of the iPad it got me wondering, is there a tablet running Android? I hate the iPad's closed app system but i really want a tablet computer. Closest I've seen is the Archos 7 which is quite cheap but has a bit of a small screen for me. Sorry if this is better off in tech support but i wasnt sure.

ducati
02-Feb-10, 20:34
What with the launch of the iPad it got me wondering, is there a tablet running Android? I hate the iPad's closed app system but i really want a tablet computer. Closest I've seen is the Archos 7 which is quite cheap but has a bit of a small screen for me. Sorry if this is better off in tech support but i wasnt sure.

Mmm Tablet

bigno48
02-Feb-10, 22:34
I think most PC and Mobile vendor will jump on the Pad bandwagon now that Apple has shown how you can set up the full eco system, just like they did with MP3 players and smarphones for personal use.

Give it 6-9 months and you can get a surf pad with any light OS under the sun.

Nokia has had a few Linux based surf pads for a while. You may want to have a look at them, but I think they have been a big hit, for the chosen few. What makes Apple stand out is the way they combine hardware, design and content. The fact that developers are queueing up to develop apps to their HW makes it more exiting for most consumers.