PDA

View Full Version : At the risk of.....Claire Short?

ducati
02-Feb-10, 19:27
Well..? Over to you

Fluff
02-Feb-10, 19:43
What?? Who is claire short?

Edit: just looked her up. I don't but newspapers any more, has she done something?

ducati
02-Feb-10, 19:51
What?? Who is claire short?

Edit: just looked her up. I don't but newspapers any more, has she done something?

Evidence today at Calcot Enquiry

davem
02-Feb-10, 19:51
At the Iraq inquiry she claimed that Tony Blair was a little power crazed and didn't include the cabinet in decision making. She was also a little surprised that the attorney general went to the usa and changed his mind about whether invading Iraq was legal.

suzyq
02-Feb-10, 20:38
Regardless of political affiliations she's shown more spherical objects than any of the male 'witnesses' have so far. A lot of the other witnesses still seem to be toadying to Blair.

Phill
02-Feb-10, 22:46
Regardless of political affiliations she's shown more spherical objects than any of the male 'witnesses' have so far. A lot of the other witnesses still seem to be toadying to Blair.

'cos Blair is god, or thinks he is.

redeyedtreefrog
02-Feb-10, 22:48
Apparently, Tony Blair lied and misled people in the run up to the Iraq war! Who'd have known?!

Cattach
03-Feb-10, 10:27

A bitter lady whose political ambitions were not attained so she has resorted to throwing insults and most likely lies to get her own back. Whatever one thinks of the evidence of Blair and others it is hard to take Short seriously when all she could do was be vindictive.

Kenn
03-Feb-10, 11:30
Going slightly off track,what about the treatment Mo Mowlem was dished out?
At least Claire Short after a short while resigned and has stood by her principles.

northener
03-Feb-10, 12:00
Claire Short come from the old 'Agitate and Protest' school of left-wing politics. She has always been a confrontational figure, unfortunately, she has always appeared to be incapable of bringing anything positive to anything she's been involved in.

Her answer to anything that doesn't fit in exactly to how she views things is to shout loudly to whoever will listen and accuse everyone else of being at fault, it gets rather tiresome in the end and that's why she's never been taken seriously by many politicians and Civil Service bods.

Mo Mowlem? A knocker together of heads if ever wthere was one, we lost a bloody good politician there. Can you even begin to imagine letting Claire Short loose in Norn Iron? jeez....

Gronnuck
03-Feb-10, 12:55
[quote=northener;654244]
Her answer to anything that doesn't fit in exactly to how she views things is to shout loudly to whoever will listen and accuse everyone else of being at fault, it gets rather tiresome in the end and that's why she's never been taken seriously by many politicians and Civil Service bods.
quote]

Tony BLiar - His answer to anything that doesn't fit in exactly to how he views things is to smile loudly to whoever will listen and accuse everyone else of being at fault, it gets rather tiresome in the end and that's why he's never been taken seriously by many of the people and Civil Service bods.

IMHO not a lot of difference.

joxville
03-Feb-10, 20:23
I recall Clare Short, wasn't she a Page 3 bird back in the 80's? ;)

golach
03-Feb-10, 20:43
I recall Clare Short, wasn't she a Page 3 bird back in the 80's? ;)
Naw that was Crayola, she told me so[lol]

joxville
03-Feb-10, 21:43
Naw that was Crayola, she told me so[lol]
I believe they are twins. :eek: [lol]

Boozeburglar
04-Feb-10, 01:08
They are indeed, identical in fact.

But what about Short's?

Tom Cornwall
06-Feb-10, 20:53
A bitter lady whose political ambitions were not attained so she has resorted to throwing insults and most likely lies to get her own back. Whatever one thinks of the evidence of Blair and others it is hard to take Short seriously when all she could do was be vindictive.

I always seem to agree with you and I think you're right again...