PDA

View Full Version : talk talk

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 15:43
does any one have this or has any used this what do you think of it give me your views please ??

angela5
06-May-06, 15:46
Switch 2 is a much better phone company..:D

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 15:49
does any one have this or has any used this what do you think of it give me your views please ??

what are the pros and cons ??

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 18:23
does any one have any view about talk talk phone line and broadband ??

rfr10
06-May-06, 18:27
Paul, When I spoke to you about talk talk, I forgot, I have heard one thing about them. There are supposed to be some hidden charges in the contract so you should check carefully just to see.

connieb19
06-May-06, 18:30
I thought it sounded like a good deal, but only if the people you were calling were on Talk Talk too. If not, I think you will find better deals elsewhere.

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 18:32
do you mean like BT ??

rfr10
06-May-06, 18:34
On my phone, We pay for line rental to BT and pay Tiscali for our calls. Our phone bill on average a month is about £4 at the most and £2 at the minimum. You shoud try them. www.tiscali.co.uk

connieb19
06-May-06, 18:37
do you mean like BT ??I'm not sure what BT is offering. I am with AOL and have AOL Talk which is an extra £10 on top of my broadband bill and all my landline calls are free, and cheap calls to mobiles.
I had some-one at the door one night trying to get me to go on to Talk Talk, and it sounded quite good, but when I looked into it, it wasn't as good as i thought. If every-one you made calls to were on it too, then it would be brilliant, but whats the chances of getting every-one you know to go with them.

rfr10
06-May-06, 18:40
Who is it you are with at the moment Paul?

acameron
06-May-06, 18:42
I was with talk talk for a year ----- no no no no no no no - they are a nightmare , couldnt wait until the contract finished to get rid of them. Dont ask for details, to numerous to mention

rfr10
06-May-06, 18:44
I was with talk talk for a year ----- no no no no no no no - they are a nightmare , couldnt wait until the contract finished to get rid of them. Dont ask for details, to numerous to mention

There's your answer then Paul- Don't go with them. I do highly recommend Tiscali though.

EDDIE
06-May-06, 18:49
Im thinking about going to talk talk seems a good deal the only thing i can see bad about it is a 18 month contract were the prices advertised are guaranteed for 12 months only and can go up after that peroid but when u see how much u save in 12 months i still think its a good deal

EDDIE
06-May-06, 18:51
I'm not sure what BT is offering. I am with AOL and have AOL Talk which is an extra £10 on top of my broadband bill and all my landline calls are free, and cheap calls to mobiles.
I had some-one at the door one night trying to get me to go on to Talk Talk, and it sounded quite good, but when I looked into it, it wasn't as good as i thought. If every-one you made calls to were on it too, then it would be brilliant, but whats the chances of getting every-one you know to go with them.
the calls are free no matter who u phone u get charged for calls to mobiles thou

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 19:47
hi robin am with BT just now

rfr10
06-May-06, 19:49
If you want to stay with BT but get your calls cheaper, go away from them for a while and then they will start begging you to come back and when you do, they give you cheaper calls- or so they say. By the sounds of it, talk talk aren't any good. Is it just for phone calls you are wanting it for or for the internet aswell?

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 19:57
phone & broadband

rfr10
06-May-06, 20:01
You should definitly go for Tiscali then.

Buttercup
06-May-06, 20:22
I've been with TalkTalk (for phone calls) for 2 years with no problems at all, but prefer to stay with BT for broadband, even though I know there's cheaper deals elsewhere.

Mr P Cannop
06-May-06, 20:34
with BT i will be able to get 5.5mbps for Broadband

but not sure what i will get with talk talk broadband

riggerboy
06-May-06, 20:39
your right there they a really bad if not worse never again

angela5
06-May-06, 21:13

Your right there, don't ask for details, to numerous to mention.

With Switch 2, i pay £20 a month that includes my line rental..:D

Spirit
07-May-06, 14:36
Talk talk advertised free broadband with their calls package but it was only if you paid for you line rental and calls via talk talk instead of BT etc. however it wasn't available in Thurso when I tried. Instead they wanted me to pay line rental to BT, so much for a call package and another £10 for the broadband instead of approx £15 including line rental as per their advert. Think there is a few catches to their terms. Be careful.
I tried Onetel for my calls for a while but it was nothing but hassle. Couldn't get one bill right. Ended up back with BT. Better the devil you know.
Tiscali for broadband. Never had a problem with tiscali and been using their service for a few years now.

crashbandicoot1979
07-May-06, 14:51
I use Talk Talk for my phone calls and line rental and I've had no problems with them. My broadband is with Tiscali, and i've had no problems whatsoever with them either.

Shalom
08-May-06, 08:39
We only have dial up and were with telco4u.net but that has now been swallowed up by Onetel. We already used Ontel for cheap 'phone calls. Last week, they sent an email to tell us how to reconfigure the dial up connection as they had changed it.....I followed it to the letter....and it didn't work...spent a frustrating afternoon carefully following the same steps over and over....then suddenly, it worked...I had done nothing different. On our last 'phone bill, I noticed that Onetel is the same as Talk Talk (parent company seems to be Car Phone Warehouse). Somehow, it doesn't inspire me with confidence to get broadband from them! :~(