PDA

View Full Version : Horse-shoe gift for bride

JWM
01-Feb-10, 20:56
Hi looking for a nice horse-shoe for a wedding in march had a look in made in Caithness shop but not really what I'm after looking for something like what fripperies used to provide but think they are closed can anyone advise please! Had a look in Dr's n not really very nice ones either! Thanks in advance for any help

Dadie
01-Feb-10, 21:00
I got nice ones in cards n things for weddings along with silver sixpence pieces.
Failing that speak nicely to some horsey people and beg an old shoe that you could scrub up and paint and add ribbons yourself:lol:

Kodiak
01-Feb-10, 21:45
You can get some real nice ones on eBay and a a real good price as well, just put in Wedding Horseshoe in the search :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOFT-SATIN-RIBBON-WEDDING-HORSESHOE-WHITE_W0QQitemZ260532983915QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_H ome_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET?hash=item3ca8 f9d86b

dunbrake
01-Feb-10, 22:13
Hi

As far as I know Fripperies are still open details below, they have some lovely horseshoes and garters, Hope you get something there.

Contact Carole Longden
E-mail enquiries@fripperies.com (enquiries@fripperies.com) Telephone 01955 611455
(http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=KW1+4YR)

Hibeechick
01-Feb-10, 22:28
If you can get a horse shoe it can be decorated up. Have done a few :)

Alli
01-Feb-10, 22:39
Hi I have made lots of original horse shoes in satin, tartan etc and have also done real horse shoes. These are my personal favourite but are heavy for the child to give. I bought the shoes from the Smiddy at Haster, Don Sutherland very reasonable prices.

annemarie482
01-Feb-10, 23:58
ask mrs miller in the made in caithness shop, she's a lovely woman and has made to order for a friend of mine before so just describe what your after and i'm sure she'd do it.

Fran
02-Feb-10, 00:20
The card shop in Dempster street, wick has them

bumkin
02-Feb-10, 14:25
Hi,

The 'Picture Box' in Thurso has really nice wedding horse shoes!

:lol:

buster01
02-Feb-10, 16:37
i got a lovely handmade one to my choice from a seller on ebay. put in this code on the search and it will give u a range 320319039127. my little boy was nearly a year at the wedding we were at last year so we got mickey ans minnie mouse on it with bride and grooms name and date

Alana
02-Feb-10, 23:02
Julia Rollo from West Watten makes them to order. She is very reasonable and they beautifully made. She did a fab black cat for me and embroidered the initials on it too.