PDA

View Full Version : brown trout

wicker8
01-Feb-10, 16:55
hi all just to let you know went for a meal on friday night to the brown trout inwatten it was fantastic the people were really nice and friendly also my wee boy was in a high chair as kids do get bored they went out there way to get us a baby walker lovely meal and not expensive five stars for the brown trout i for one will be returning:Razz:Razz:Razz

sms
02-Feb-10, 14:20
I have to agree food was lovely and staff very friendly. Went there a few months back, hoping to go again for the Valentines weekend. My daughter loved it when they put a sparkler in her ice cream as it was her birthday.

Smithy
03-Feb-10, 11:10
The brown trout is really good for food excellent friendly service

phil1958
04-Feb-10, 11:40
the sparkler is a nice thing to hold and play but have u seen how much stuff comes of it onto ur plate and food if its burning onto ur plate ..not to healthy then give it a try and ul see what i mean as i did it for xmas on a melon boat dessert and was suprised to see what came of it ..dont know if it will do any harm but i wont be using sparklers again on food ...as for brown trout havent tried meal there yet but looking forward to trying it soon t.y.

sms
05-Feb-10, 17:06
the sparkler is a nice thing to hold and play but have u seen how much stuff comes of it onto ur plate and food if its burning onto ur plate ..not to healthy then give it a try and ul see what i mean as i did it for xmas on a melon boat dessert and was suprised to see what came of it ..dont know if it will do any harm but i wont be using sparklers again on food ...as for brown trout havent tried meal there yet but looking forward to trying it soon t.y.

Nothing came off my daughters one and it was in ice cream, so dont know which ones u used.

poppett
06-Feb-10, 20:33
Have just booked for Sunday lunch for my birthday treat.

BINBOB
06-Feb-10, 22:07
Have just booked for Sunday lunch for my birthday treat.

Hope u have a lovely BIRTHDAY,poppett.........many happy returns for the big day.:D

poppett
07-Feb-10, 21:00
Thank you for the birthday wishes BINBOB.

Brown Trout was excellent. We were in the dining room with a lovely fire roaring in the grate. Toilet facilities were lovely and clean with nice homely touches.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, as were the other diners.

Starters were:-Haggis balls or Stuffed mushrooms or lentil soup
Mains were:- Roast beef, roast chicken or baked haddock with three vegetables, roast, boiled and mashed potatoes. Extra gravy if required. The yorkies were home made and the roast potatoes were proper roasties done in the oven, not old boilers thrown into a chip pan.
Puddings were:- Apple pie, treacle sponge or toffee chocolate tart. All were home made and were like a picture on the plates.

Three courses cost £15.95 and two courses £12.50
Drinks for three of us came to £5

Will definately be back.

Did notice a special Valentines menu for next weekend. Hope they do really well with that.

01955 621354 for bookings for Sunday lunch and Valentines dinner.

Dadie
13-Mar-10, 21:09
Went to the Brown Trout last night and had a fab dinner!
There was 8 of us, I dont usually think of the brown trout as a place to go as if I get a babysitter we like to go further than our own doorstep.
But it gets the thumbs up from us!!