PDA

View Full Version : Still we wait.

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 16:06
This is agony and I'm not the one whose 40plus weeks pregnant.:eek:

My three kids were all early so this is all new to me.

Everything ready except the baby it seems.Raigmore going to wait till next Monday before they do anything.:(

I've told my sons girlfriend to get the hover out and start doing some housework see if that hurries things along but she can hardly move never mind that.

Any suggestions?:confused

mumof2
01-Feb-10, 16:09
pineapple juice, apparantly that works a treat, good luck!

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 16:10
pineapple juice, apparantly that works a treat, good luck!

I assume you drink it?;)

mumof2
01-Feb-10, 16:14
yeah :lol: i never tried it but a lassie i know swears by it. both mine were early so was never at my wits end waiting. curry bumpy road and doing the thing that made her pregnant in the first place help things along aswell according to my source. i think you have to just wait until the baby is ready to come out of it's own accord.

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 16:18
I tried EVERYTHING! And i mean everything with athrun! I was even enduced 3 times and that done nothing at all!!

Babies come when they are ready. Unfortunately it seemed like athrun wasnt ready and i had a section. He was just too comfy in there :roll: Men eh!

Just tell her to make the most of the peace and quiet...:)

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 16:24
yeah :lol: i never tried it but a lassie i know swears by it. both mine were early so was never at my wits end waiting. curry bumpy road and doing the thing that made her pregnant in the first place help things along aswell according to my source. i think you have to just wait until the baby is ready to come out of it's own accord.

Midwife actually told them to do just that but that just now appears to be a distant memory as she's so uncomfortable.:(

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 16:25
I tried EVERYTHING! And i mean everything with athrun! I was even enduced 3 times and that done nothing at all!!

Babies come when they are ready. Unfortunately it seemed like athrun wasnt ready and i had a section. He was just too comfy in there :roll: Men eh!

Just tell her to make the most of the peace and quiet...:)

We think its a girl so she's just not ready,you know how it takes us woman ages to get ready.:lol:

BRIE
01-Feb-10, 17:41
i tried everything! bouncing on the gym ball worked for me or try alot of walking.:)

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 17:48
i tried everything! bouncing on the gym ball worked for me or try alot of walking.:)

They've been round ness walk so many times the ducks think they've got stalkers.:lol:

Venture
01-Feb-10, 18:26
It seems like only yesterday that I couldn't wait for my grandchild to be born. Now I can't believe he's coming eight this year and number two grandson is approaching three. Where has the time gone? Yours will arrive when she is ready cuddlepop. I hope everything goes well for Mum and baby. Enjoy every minute when the time comes.:);)

lister
01-Feb-10, 18:37
It seems like only yesterday that I couldn't wait for my grandchild to be born. Now I can't believe he's coming eight this year and number two grandson is approaching three. Where has the time gone? Yours will arrive when she is ready cuddlepop. I hope everything goes well for Mum and baby. Enjoy every minute when the time comes.:);)
Life is quick as Venture says especially when we get older and also its easy for us not going through it but the worry from all involved is terrible in a different way,ohh! the waiting and the worry but not the pain,but walking seems til do it for alot o folk..but then again as a midwives say,the unborn will make an entrance when they're ready no matter what!

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 18:39
We think its a girl so she's just not ready,you know how it takes us woman ages to get ready.:lol:

Everybody was convinced Athrun was going to be a girl because of him being so late lol. I was the only one that said the whole way through it was a boy! :Razz

How over-due is she?

floyed
01-Feb-10, 18:49
Found this on a website hope it helps --

*Acupressure/Acupuncture (http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/pressure_points_to_induce_labor) - various points can start contractions. See acupressure for labor (http://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/acupressure/gb-21.aspx) site for more information about inducing labor.
*Nipple stimulation/breast pump - uses the mother's own oxytocin to stimulate contractions; discontinue if contractions are prolonged or become intense.
*Castor oil (http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/castor_oil_to_induce_labor)- often mixed with juice or food; this stimulates prostaglandins to contract the uterus (Castor oil can have an undesired affect of diarrhea for several hours so use with caution and consult with your doctor or midwife.) For more information, see this site at gentlebirth.org. (http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/natinduc.html)
Walking/changing positions frequently - this is one of the least invasive ways to stimulate contractions and can be used during labor if contractions slow down.
*Herbs (http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/herb_to_induce_labor) - common herbs used are black and blue cohosh or tinctures including these herbs (these are contraindicated for mothers with high blood pressure) Some herbs are medicinal so please be sure to check with your primary provider or a licensed herbalist should you plan to take any herbs! See this site on herbs for information.
Spicy Food - (http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/spicy_foods_to_induce_labor) Some mothers say spicy food does the trick possibly because it may also stimulate digestion and thereby increase prostaglandin production to get contractions going.
Massage - (http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/healing_with_massage) this is a great way to relax while your massage therapist stimulates trigger points for labor; often when stress hormones are reduced, labor can start more easily.
*Glass of wine - although there is no evidence that wine stimulates contractions, it can help an anxious mom relax. Bear in mind that any alcohol affects your baby and can be dehydrating. Be sure to take only one glass with dinner and check with your provider before considering this way to start labor.
Love-making/Intercourse/Orgasm (http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/making_love_to_start_labor) - uses both oxytocin and prostaglandins to stimulate contractions and potentially induce labor. Do not have intercourse if your water has broken.
Pineapple is considered to be a labor-inducing food, however there is no research that supports this method beyond women's own stories.

lister
01-Feb-10, 18:54
Everybody was convinced Athrun was going to be a girl because of him being so late lol. I was the only one that said the whole way through it was a boy! :Razz

How over-due is she?
Seems to me that pregnant women know what they're having,must be a maternal thing,cos my wife chose the names of her kids in the way of someone who knew what she was having before she had them without really knowing but sensed them??.
I mean she had a girls name when the time came..a boys name when she had a boy..whoa spot on ,,and a girls name when she had a girl..again whoa and well spot on?,its nature i think,,but then again we're just men..nuff said,,shut up and help when required..if required at all...as a father and husband we're just here for support which is ,i think ,mandatory!!

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 19:23
Thanks everyone,she's going to feel like a "cocktail" once she's either taken,done or tried that lot.:lol:

Can anyone remember the rhyme for days of the week for when your are born?

All I remember is Saturdays child works hard for a living and Wednesday child is full of woe.:)

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 19:36
Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath Day is bonnie and blithe and good and gay.

kriklah
01-Feb-10, 19:41
mondays child is fair of face
tuesdays child is full of grace
wednesdays child is full of woe
thursdays child has far to go
fridays child loving and giving
saturdays child works hard for a living
and the child that is born on the sabbath day is bonny and blyth, good and gay
(quite sure thats the right order)

and i researched the pineapple theory last pregnancy - something in pineaples do help to induce labour, however you would need to eat 8 whole fruit to get enough of it!!!! and tinned wont do as the preservation process take it out!!

cuddlepop
01-Feb-10, 23:07
Mondays child is fair of face,

Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,

And the child that is born on the Sabbath Day is bonnie and blithe and good and gay.

Thanks for that.
Still nothing doing......how are we meant to sleep.:eek: