PDA

View Full Version : Quiz Night Rules???

acameron
27-Sep-01, 23:17
Just a thought- I have won the quiz once and had to collect 50 questions, not easy although great fun asking them. Maybe a wee change of rules if everyone is in agreement.

How would it be with everyone if the winner of the quiz is allowed to pick the next weeks question master and they would have to find and ask the questions?

I current format is good and a lot of fun but the winner should be praised not punished.

Anonymous
27-Sep-01, 23:24
It does seem like a punishment doesn't it !!!! ;)

acameron
27-Sep-01, 23:30
Hairy - not until next week lol .. hope you working hard at next weeks questions

Partan
28-Sep-01, 07:57
Great idea AC - simple and easy - let's give it a try!

Smashing quiz last night by the way!!

Anonymous
28-Sep-01, 13:11
:o) Good night's quiz last night. Thanks ac.

Choosing the next week's quizmaster (person??) is a good idea, but wonder if it is possible to make it less variable and perhaps form some sort of list of volunteers from the quiz night regulars? This could be listed here and dates, so that volunteers could choose the dates they will be available and willing to take the "punishment".

I think that newcomers to the quiz are vulnerable, because they may not know that winning involves setting the next one.

Have to add that the "punishment" is good fun as well:D

Anonymous
28-Sep-01, 13:12
p.s. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WELL DONE HAIRY

Anonymous
28-Sep-01, 17:16
Thanks Fran:)

It's a good idea to make a list of volunteers, but I wonder how many willing bodies we'll get?!

htwood
28-Sep-01, 18:25
I must confess that I could not host a quiz during the work week because I am 8 hours behind Caithness time and am sitting at my desk and looking very busy, I might add! (Yeah, busy trying to keep pace with gleeber, hairy and Partan; its a real chore.) So, although I can pop in with the occasional answer (right or wrong), I can't focus 2 hours on hosting. But I could help someone make up questions. -Helen

sassylass
29-Sep-01, 00:22
I would be willing to host a quiz night once in a while on a Sunday. I am at work and cannot play on Thursdays at the appointed time.

acameron
05-Oct-01, 12:59
On 2001-09-29 00:22, sassylass wrote:

I would be willing to host a quiz night once in a while on a Sunday. I am at work and cannot play on Thursdays at the appointed time.

Sticking up for the poor lassie, Could we have a Sassy Day?

Anonymous
05-Oct-01, 16:41
Having recently joined up could anyone give me more details about the quiz nights? Is it on-line? Can anyone join in? When is it? Etc Etc.

Cheers Pebbles

htwood
05-Oct-01, 17:35
Welcome Pebbles. The quiz is on Thursday nights at 8:30 pm Caithness time. It is on-line in the chat room, in the "Quiz Room". Alfredo is next week's quizmaster, he will ask 50 questions, and we answer as fast as we can. It is all for fun, no prizes except the glory, and admiration by your friends. And a fine time is had by all. Come in to the chat any evening. Htwood

sassylass
06-Oct-01, 00:09
On 2001-10-05 12:59, acameron wrote:

On 2001-09-29 00:22, sassylass wrote:

Sticking up for the poor lassie, Could we have a Sassy Day?

fankoo ac, let me put on some lipstick....*smoooooooch*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sassylass on 6-Oct-2001 12:10am ]</font>

htwood
06-Oct-01, 00:26
The way I hear it, EveryDay is SassyDay! *ouch, ouch, don't hit me anymore, Sass*

gleeber
06-Oct-01, 00:54
Im getting a bit worried aboot ye acameron. Yer turning into a beeg sook. Let me warn you, if you shake hans we at two from California, ye better coont yer fingers efterwurds.

sassylass
07-Oct-01, 03:14
:eyes tsk tsk

sassylass
07-Oct-01, 20:03
Gleeber, let me sing you a little song...

Oh dear, what can the matter be?

Gleeber's bonnet contains a bee,

'fess up, and you will be set free.

Gleeber is CRAZY 'bout girls.

Anonymous
09-Oct-01, 12:09
Yep, Sassy, in fact rumour has it that Gleeber is playing his Beach Boys CD right now....and is singing along with his favourite tune! I do believe I can hear him...."I wish they all could be California girls......" LOL! ;)

Anonymous
12-Oct-01, 23:21
Gleeber:

My master chef friend, will ye no stop poking fun at people.

Are ye no wanting friends.lol