PDA

View Full Version : Oil heating

Liz
05-May-06, 18:11
We have solid fuel heating at the moment but would like to change as coal is getting very expensive and also would like something easier and less messy.

We did have a look at Ground Source Heating but looks like this will be too expensive and too much of an upheaval.

Would appreciate advice as to how much, roughly, it costs to install Oil Heating (have radiators already), and how long it takes?

Also how much would oil cost for a two bedroom (well actually used to be three bedroom) house where heating is on nearly all the time?

Any advice much appreciated!

Ta!:D

riggerboy
05-May-06, 18:53
heatandplumb.com, found this on the net and got my boiler and everything else i needed at a much cheaper price than anywhere else, average house has about 2 fills a year 2x1200 ltrs @38p a ltr plus VAT

Liz
05-May-06, 19:24
Cheers Riggerboy. Info much appreciated.:D

mama2
06-May-06, 13:35
I changed from coal to oil and found that at the current prices coal costs less per year to heat home although with oil you have no mess and if house is too hot/cold you can just turn it off/on again without the carry on of setting the fire.

Liz
06-May-06, 17:52
I changed from coal to oil and found that at the current prices coal costs less per year to heat home although with oil you have no mess and if house is too hot/cold you can just turn it off/on again without the carry on of setting the fire.

I was afraid that it might actually cost more with oil prices soaring.:(

Are you still glad you changed to oil and was it a lot of 'upheaval' to install it?

I would have really liked the Ground Source Heating as it is very economical but, from what I've read, it seems to be suited more to new built houses.
Does anyone know of someone who has this type of heating?

It's not easy knowing what to opt for.