PDA

View Full Version : Van Hire

changilass
30-Jan-10, 01:12
Needing to hire a van for a long weekend, has to be big enough to get 2 single matresses in (need to swap them at ikea).

Any one any ideas where I can hire a van from and pos even rough prices??

Thanks in advance
Changi

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 01:19
I hope you are planning to do more than swap a couple of mattresses with it..

Kodiak
30-Jan-10, 01:21
Practical Car & Van Rental - Car RentalAirport Industrial Estate,
Wick Airport,
Wick,
KW1 4QS
01955 604 125‎

Also Dunnets in Wick & Thurso Hire Vans :-

http://www.dunnets.co.uk/Default.asp?Page=27

Phill
30-Jan-10, 01:25
Practical are long gone.

Last time I looked for a van it was Invergordon then Inverness!! :eek:

changilass
30-Jan-10, 01:26
Like what prey tell Boozy?

Thanks Kodiak will give them a ring for prices.

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 01:32
Well just how much did these mattresses cost?

Is it really cost effective to hire a van and go to Edinburgh with them?

changilass
30-Jan-10, 01:36
They was a couple of hundred quid each, but if we do it over a couple of days we can combine it with visiting nice folk and eating soup and chinese meal.

golach
30-Jan-10, 01:37
They was a couple of hundred quid each, but if we do it over a couple of days we can combine it with visiting nice folk and eating soup and chinese meal.

Digs are booked for the 17th changi, let me know and the soup dragon will be on hand[lol]

Amy-Winehouse
30-Jan-10, 01:42
We got one from Richards Garage in Thurso in November, £50 for the day iirc & you have to pay for the diesel when you bring it back

changilass
30-Jan-10, 01:43
Cheers Amy

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 01:57
We got one from Richards Garage in Thurso in November, £50 for the day iirc & you have to pay for the diesel when you bring it back

The included mileage will not do Edinburgh and back.

Do you have a car?

changilass
30-Jan-10, 01:59
Aye but our trailer is too small and cannae fit them in the car.

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 02:03
I understand, how about a roof rack? Then you could pay to have the replacements delivered from somewhere better.

I have a van, but it still would not be economic even at fuel cost to help you out.

But if you are seeing it as a holiday, then of course the money is no big deal.

;)

changilass
30-Jan-10, 02:06
If I get a bowl of soup and a comfy bed at the end it will have been worth it.

Cannae get the beds from elsewhere, Ikea are saying they will replace the faulty matresses (the have a 25yr guarantee with them) but not give a refund. So have to get them from there.

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 02:41
Well if you can get a 25 year guarantee on a mattress then all power to you! Ours cost £600 and only has a 6 year guarantee. I guess we are low rent! :)

scoobyc
31-Jan-10, 22:59
don't suppose you fancy taking some other things home from ikea and i could help you with your fuel costs;)

poppett
01-Feb-10, 14:52
Try William on 07886751346. He has a clean ex Royal mail van and he might be able to help you out.

Jeid
01-Feb-10, 17:59
I was down the road last week, and I have a van and I was at Ikea. I would've taken then down, no return trips planned just now though. Good luck

georgen
01-Feb-10, 22:22
If I get a bowl of soup and a comfy bed at the end it will have been worth it.

Cannae get the beds from elsewhere, Ikea are saying they will replace the faulty matresses (the have a 25yr guarantee with them) but not give a refund. So have to get them from there.

Surely if the item(s) are unfit for purpose, it's Ikea's responsibility to have them collected and new ones delivered ?

LMS
01-Feb-10, 23:19
Colin Mackenzie Removals 01955 651349 or Macadie & Reeve 01856 872101 collect from Ikea. Might be cheaper, easier and quicker to get them to return!

changilass
01-Feb-10, 23:50
I still need to go down to get the replacements, not gonna buy without having a try first. Cannae stand soft matresses.

Had they been delivered in the first place then they would have arranged pick up but as we went down for them we have to take them back.

golach
01-Feb-10, 23:52
I still need to go down to get the replacements, not gonna buy without having a try first. Cannae stand soft matresses.

Had they been delivered in the first place then they would have arranged pick up but as we went down for them we have to take them back.

And mind the Soup, and Tigers [lol]