PDA

View Full Version : Complicated issues

crayola
29-Jan-10, 23:11
I read threads on here and sometimes the naive dogma is breathtaking. Don't people realise that some issues are truly complex? :confused

Phill
29-Jan-10, 23:53
I read threads on here and sometimes the naive dogma is breathtaking. Don't people realise that some issues are truly complex? :confused

Nah, they always fall into the same category; I'm right, their wrong. Simple!

:Razz

ducati
30-Jan-10, 00:07

Some people are not as learned as you crayola, that should'nt exclude them from having a good debate... or should it? :roll:

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 00:50
This is clearly a yes or no answer.

;)

northener
30-Jan-10, 01:23

That's too complex an issue to be discussed upon here, I'll have you know.

Can't we just blame 'peedoos', incomers, the lack of a TK Maxx outlet and Tescos? It would be a lot simpler.

golach
30-Jan-10, 01:26

Can't we just blame 'peedoos', incomers, the lack of a TK Maxx outlet and Tescos? It would be a lot simpler.
You forgot the lack of Asda and the murderous car parks[lol]

northener
30-Jan-10, 01:33
You forgot the lack of Asda and the murderous car parks[lol]

This is getting too complex for me......I'm out.

Phill
30-Jan-10, 01:35
I'm getting a complex about murderous carparks [para]

joxville
30-Jan-10, 03:51
This thread foxes me. ;)

Aaldtimer
30-Jan-10, 04:06
Better start a poll on this question!:roll:

joxville
30-Jan-10, 04:10
Which threads in particular?

Ricco
30-Jan-10, 07:44
This thread foxes me. ;)
Ahhh.... Foxy Joxville. BTW - why do we use the phrase 'foxes me'? Or other phrases such as 'having a thunderous expression'?:eek:

Bazeye
30-Jan-10, 11:49
What was the question again?

Angela
30-Jan-10, 11:58
"Abandon ye all hope who enter here....." :roll: :lol:

Leanne
30-Jan-10, 12:16
I find it hard to take someone seriously on certain topics, when they don't seem to be able to type in sentences. Maybe it's just 'text talk', but it doesn't make them come across as particularly educated...

And people, please switch on the spell checker in you browser - there is no excuse for poor spelling in this day and age :roll:

Feel free to pull apart my grammar to make yourselves feel better ;)

Phill
30-Jan-10, 12:37
What was the question again?

It doesn't matter, just be outraged about it.

Phill
30-Jan-10, 12:38
I find it hard to take someone seriously on certain topics, when they don't seem to be able to type in sentences. Maybe it's just 'text talk', but it doesn't make them come across as particularly educated...

And people, please switch on the spell checker in you browser - there is no excuse for poor spelling in this day and age :roll:

Yeah I agree, edjerkashun, edjerkashun, edjerkashun!

webmannie
30-Jan-10, 12:57
People obviously find flashchat too complex to operate judging by the posts on here

Amy-Winehouse
30-Jan-10, 13:03

You forgot the old chestnut, `When is work going to start on the new building of Matalan ? ` Slap bang in the middle of a massive recession , aye ok [lol]

Turquoise
30-Jan-10, 14:08

Ooh Leanne, maybe you should practice what you preach :roll: ;)

crayola
30-Jan-10, 14:13
Some people are not as learned as you crayola, that should'nt exclude them from having a good debate... or should it? :roll:
I suppose not but the most naive and dogmatic posts are often about the most complex issues and are often not from the less gifted or less well educated.

Which threads in particular?
Any thread without a 'yes' or 'no' answer. :lol:

Leanne
30-Jan-10, 14:15
Ooh Leanne, maybe you should practice what you preach :roll: ;)

You quoted something with perfect spelling - that's just odd

Turquoise
30-Jan-10, 14:17
You quoted something with perfect spelling - that's just odd

I've seen you make plenty of spelling mistakes. Nobody is perfect!

badger
30-Jan-10, 14:41

Try again (yes we know it's just a typo)

crayola
30-Jan-10, 14:51
The Org is a law unto itself. Even a thread on complicated issues can turn into point scoring on spelling and typographical errors. :lol:

gleeber
30-Jan-10, 15:12
Oneupmanship or in this case oneupwomanship is not an attribute exclusive to the org. Its both entertaining and embarrassing.
This is still a fairly new mode of communication and it'll take a while for most of us to learn how to use it properly.

Phill
30-Jan-10, 16:53
The Org is a law unto itself. Even a thread on complicated issues can turn into point scoring on spelling and typographical errors.

It's like bear baiting but legal.....for now!!
:lol::lol::lol:

Ricco
30-Jan-10, 17:26

And people, please switch on the spell checker in you browser - there is no excuse for poor spelling in this day and age

Feel free to pull apart my grammar to make yourselves feel better

Sorry - couldn't see any punctuation. :eek:

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 18:52
Oneupmanship

Surely you meant one-upmanship?

;)

crayola
31-Jan-10, 01:45
Oneupmanship or in this case oneupwomanship is not an attribute exclusive to the org. Its both entertaining and embarrassing.
It's entertaining for a time but the novelty wears off after they've said the same thing a dozen times in one thread.

This is still a fairly new mode of communication and it'll take a while for most of us to learn how to use it properly.
You underestimate people gleeber, some learn to abuse it properly within hours. :lol:

joxville
31-Jan-10, 01:51
I read threads on here and sometimes the naive dogma the level of stupidity is breathtaking. Don't people realise that some issues are truly complex? :confused

I've amended it for you.

ducati
31-Jan-10, 10:50
People obviously find flashchat too complex to operate judging by the posts on here

What the hell is Flashchat?

Cattach
31-Jan-10, 10:59

Lost me what is 'naive dogma'? Not many complex issues either though some would make the simplist of issues complex - like this thread!

Phill
31-Jan-10, 12:38

I'm not sure what it is now either, I tried Flash chatting a girl in the park the other day and ended up gettin' carted off by the fed's.
They weren't buying my alibi that I saw it on the 'tinterweb!!

crayola
31-Jan-10, 14:27
I've amended it for you.
Thanks Jox. :lol:

Some issues are simple. :D

Leanne
31-Jan-10, 14:39

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Picture2.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Picture3.png

crayola
31-Jan-10, 14:48
Why does it say MEN in capitals at the top of your browser window? :lol:

Do you have any going spare? ;)

Leanne
31-Jan-10, 15:21
Why does it say MEN in capitals at the top of your Safari? :lol:

Do you have any going spare? ;)

Ha ha - it's Manchester Evening News... Other half likes to keep up with the football reports. He also spends quite a bit of time on Iraq Goals watching it :roll:

ducati
31-Jan-10, 20:42

No, I dont get it, you'll have to be a bit more specific [lol]

Phill
31-Jan-10, 22:23
No, I dont get it, you'll have to be a bit more specific [lol]

Yeah, deffo need to be clearer. Step by step and a lot more pointy arrow things.

Mrs Bucket
01-Feb-10, 10:35

no again.......

Leanne
01-Feb-10, 19:43
no again.......

Eh? Me no entiendo...

Invisible
01-Feb-10, 19:48

I see someone else has found about the Iraqigoals

crayola
01-Feb-10, 23:16
Eh? Me no entiendo...
It was inevitable that someone would eventually lose their bearings and post here inadvertently. :)

ducati
02-Feb-10, 19:37
It was inevitable that someone would eventually lose their bearings and post here inadvertently. :)

It's this weather-plays havoc with yer bearings

crayola
06-Feb-10, 00:11
This has been one of the most informative threads I've ever started, not because of who posted on it or what they said but because of who didn't.

bekisman
06-Feb-10, 00:32
This has been one of the most informative threads I've ever started, not because of who posted on it or what they said but because of who didn't.

Beg pardon?

ducati
07-Feb-10, 09:00

Will everyone who hasn't, please post now so we know who you are.

crayola
07-Feb-10, 14:45
They haven't identified themselves yet. :cool: