PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this deer?

mark125
29-Jan-10, 20:52
Seen this little guy a few times just north of Helmsdale on the A9, Just wondering if anyone else has noticed him....

DeHaviLand
29-Jan-10, 21:59
Seen it a few times, usually by the side of the road just below the north bound lay-by. Seems to have got through the deer fence and now cant hook up with the rest of the herd.

Mystical Potato Head
29-Jan-10, 22:00
Dont know this deer at all,in fact i have no ideer who it is. :lol:

Nice shots.

Boozeburglar
29-Jan-10, 23:08
I used to see Roe deer just before Berriedale going North. Lucky to see a barn owl that way too, anyone else?

:)

Haweswater
30-Jan-10, 00:26
Sorry to pop up again sounding like the 'deer know-it-all' but your picture seems to show an immature Red Deer stag - one of last year's calves born in June. From thephotograpd, the head would appear to indicate the 'buds' of his antlers (they start to develop when the animal is six-seven months old). By this coming autumn, his first 'head' will not look particularly glorious; in fact he will, like all yearling stags, be referred to as a 'knobber'.

kas
30-Jan-10, 21:17
It looks very sweet. I hope he is getting plenty to eat as its been difficult weather for them.

Scunner
31-Jan-10, 00:01
Sika deer were introduced to the area around the Ord and Berriedale in the sixties. Long shot but it could be them.

Boozeburglar
31-Jan-10, 03:45
The ones I see are Roe.