PDA

View Full Version : Inflation

wkgeorge
29-Jan-10, 13:28
Could'nt believe it at Tescos last night, Tesco own brand Vitamin E Cleansing Wipes were priced at 27p per pack, I use them all the time, and last night they were 77p, I know they are really cheap compared to other named wipes but think this is rather big an increase.

roadbowler
29-Jan-10, 15:04
have ye seen the price of a bag of lentils these days? OH complains everytime we go shopping.

sweetpea
29-Jan-10, 15:57
At Christmas they were 24p a pack and were on offer 3 for 2 so I stocked up. That's a big hike in price.

Angela
29-Jan-10, 16:01
I buy these wipes too. Originally they were about 80p or more a pack and when they were reduced to under 30p I assumed it was just a special offer and bought stacks of them! :D

I've noticed a lot of things like cat food and cat litter have increased quite a bit tho' and I can't put it all down to an increase in VAT.

Food seems to be creeping up again too. :(

Kodiak
29-Jan-10, 16:01
You would be better off with Soap and Water. You can buy a 500ml dispenser of Cream Soap from Lidl for only 39p. Much better value for money and lasts a lot longer too.

northener
29-Jan-10, 16:36
Don't wash. That's even cheaper.

oldmarine
29-Jan-10, 16:55
It will get worse before it gets better.

Anji
29-Jan-10, 17:55
It will get worse before it gets better.

What?
The financial climate, or northerner's witticisms?

oldmarine
30-Jan-10, 18:46
What?
The financial climate, or northerner's witticisms?

Make your choice. LOL!!!

Kevin Milkins
30-Jan-10, 22:59
I just went out in the garden and rolled myself about in the snow:eek: I feel as clean and fresh as ............ well,,,,, the driven snow.:D

I did try and get Mrs M to join me so we could get "buy one , get one free", but she was having none of it.:confused

Aaldtimer
31-Jan-10, 04:12
Could'nt believe it at Tescos last night, Tesco own brand Vitamin E Cleansing Wipes were priced at 27p per pack, I use them all the time, and last night they were 77p, I know they are really cheap compared to other named wipes but think this is rather big an increase.

The thing that peaks my curiousity is why vitamin E would be an ingredient in a cleansing product.:confused

EDDIE
31-Jan-10, 10:35
tescos can charge what they like they dont have any proper competition like asda

Cattach
31-Jan-10, 11:04
You would be better off with Soap and Water. You can buy a 500ml dispenser of Cream Soap from Lidl for only 39p. Much better value for money and lasts a lot longer too.

Good point. Example on price comparison - Flora Pro Activ on Special at co-op 80p+ dearer than buying the equivent in two smaller packs at Lidle.

Angela
31-Jan-10, 11:13
tescos can charge what they like they dont have any proper competition like asda

Same price at Tesco here in Edinburgh Eddie -despite several Asda stores. :confused

lister
31-Jan-10, 23:45
Tesco's,Asda,Somerfield.etc..they're all the same,,they put up prices for some products and reduce prices in others areas in the same store and still make the same profit per store targets they're given by their respective head (money grabbing)offices.
Its all a con for the public,they always make their money or they cut local staff to suit their profits.
We all suffer but not (again) the fat cats.
Money goes south no matter what..
What i cant understand is how can they still strive for more and more money from the already stretched when all the big 5 or 6 have posted massive profits and increased turnover even in a recession.. wheres the competition,bet they're all in league together..