PDA

View Full Version : dhl carriers

wickscorrie
28-Jan-10, 22:10
I was talking to the DHL driver yesterday he informed me he was finishing with them tomorrow{Friday}, as at the moment he said he was doing 30 drops a day in Caithness.They now want him to do 60 or so drops a day in Inverness for half the pay.I hope this is not going to affect us up here if local couriers are going to take the goods from Inverness hence pushing the carriage price up considerably?.

Stack Rock
28-Jan-10, 22:24
I was talking to the DHL driver yesterday he informed me he was finishing with them tomorrow{Friday}, as at the moment he said he was doing 30 drops a day in Caithness.They now want him to do 60 or so drops a day in Inverness for half the pay.I hope this is not going to affect us up here if local couriers are going to take the goods from Inverness hence pushing the carriage price up considerably?.

The DHL drivers always provide a good service up here so I hope the standard is not going to drop or the work out outsourced with an increase in costs.
Are they paid on the No of drops as opposed to an hourly rate? Anyway I think its despicable asking anyone to do more work for less pay.

embow
28-Jan-10, 23:39
Plenty here about the impending loss of driver/service http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=97228

cuddlepop
29-Jan-10, 14:15
We heard DHL have lost the contract for home delivery so I guess we'll just have to wait and see who picks it up.

I know my OH's boss is doing his best to secure the Skye @ lochalsh contract.:D