PDA

View Full Version : info needed on mobile fone

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 22:44
i just bought a phone from sutherlands chemist in thurso its the M009 mini mobile its meant to be 12.1 mega pixel camera more like a 1 mega pixel i bought it for the fact of being 12 mega pixel to take pics of my baby and when i take pictures you cant tell what the picture is tryed working with all the settings but nothing is changin its still crap quality

has any1 else out there bought 1?

Phill
27-Jan-10, 22:51
i just bought a phone from sutherlands chemist in thurso its the M009 mini mobile its meant to be 12.1 mega pixel camera more like a 1 mega pixel i bought it for the fact of being 12 mega pixel to take pics of my baby and when i take pictures you cant tell what the picture is tryed working with all the settings but nothing is changin its still crap quality

has any1 else out there bought 1?

12.1 Mega Pixel on a fone!!!!!!!

I ain't even got that on a Digital SLR!

Check the specs or yours, I think it is 2Mp camera.

octane
27-Jan-10, 22:53
1.3mb-2mb dependent on version from the spec ive just read on it.......where did it say 12.1mb??

not being funny but its just chinese crap and If you have been duped into false advertising then get your money back and buy something better

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 22:54
i aint thick it says 12.1 mega pixel same as the new sony erricson its a 12.1 mp i cant upload a picture to prove

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 22:57
1.3mb-2mb dependent on version from the spec ive just read on it.......where did it say 12.1mb??

can u send me the link please? it says on the back beside the camera 12.1megapixels i also asked the guy in the shop is it 12.1 and he said yes my mum was with me and heard it

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 23:02
not being funny but its just chinese crap and If you have been duped into false advertising then get your money back and buy something better
i hope i get my money back i have got a 12 month gaurentee with it i only got it yesterday

rs 2k
27-Jan-10, 23:04
Hi there

Is it the same phone as this 1?

http://www.allstarmobi.com/user/view_product.aspx?id=839

if u read the description it does say 2.1 megapixel camera

Kodiak
27-Jan-10, 23:05
You say the M009 but you do not mention what make.

If it is as bad as you claim then take it back and ask for a refund. Simples :D

Phill
27-Jan-10, 23:09
Just do some googling miss swanson

My advice would be to take it straight back. I stand corrected on the 12.1 sony but seriously anything above 3 or possibly 5 on a phone is wasted. They don't have the lenses to support that quality.

And the M009, well any phone that can do as much as that is supposed to do for £50 is getting close to the too good to be true mark.

Sorry, me thinks you've bought a piece o' pooh!

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 23:15
Hi there

Is it the same phone as this 1?

http://www.allstarmobi.com/user/view_product.aspx?id=839

if u read the description it does say 2.1 megapixel camera

hey no its no that 1 its this 1 http://www.mobilephonesdaily.com/handshaking-mini-phone-changjiang-m009/ if u scroll down it will show u it says 12.1 megapixel on the back of the fone

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 23:16
Just do some googling miss swanson

My advice would be to take it straight back. I stand corrected on the 12.1 sony but seriously anything above 3 or possibly 5 on a phone is wasted. They don't have the lenses to support that quality.

And the M009, well any phone that can do as much as that is supposed to do for £50 is getting close to the too good to be true mark.

Sorry, me thinks you've bought a piece o' pooh!

me too im getting sum cheek from my family lol i wont go and buy anything like this for a while me thinks haha

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 23:17
You say the M009 but you do not mention what make.

If it is as bad as you claim then take it back and ask for a refund. Simples :D
thats all it says on the box is M009 mini i will try my best tomorrow

Phill
27-Jan-10, 23:21
hey no its no that 1 its this 1 http://www.mobilephonesdaily.com/handshaking-mini-phone-changjiang-m009/ if u scroll down it will show u it says 12.1 megapixel on the back of the fone

But the written specs give 1.3.

IMO this looks like cheap mass produced copy goods based on old machining equipment no longer up to the mark.
My guess that these are flooding the market so cheap is the print on the back of the phone is a typo, should have read 1.21MEGApixel.

Take it back, best thing to do.

miss swanson
27-Jan-10, 23:21

just red this proparly and it states 1.3 megapixels but on the phone it say 12.1 isnt that false advertisement am i entiled to a refund??

Phill
27-Jan-10, 23:35
just red this proparly and it states 1.3 megapixels but on the phone it say 12.1 isnt that false advertisement am i entiled to a refund??

I think your on there, maybe the shop did sell it in good faith but explain, and print out the specs, and I'm sure they will do the decent thing.

If not just call Trading Standards.

It's clearly very ambiguous the quality of this phone, just the results from google throw up more questions than answers.

Kodiak
27-Jan-10, 23:52
thats all it says on the box is M009 mini i will try my best tomorrow

If there is no name on the box or Phone and just a Number then this should have rung alarm bells. I know I would not buy any electronic equipment unless I kew who made it.

Take it back ASAP and ask for your money back and say you are returning it as it is not of Merchantable Quality and you want a Full Refund.

ShelleyCowie
27-Jan-10, 23:56
I have the sony erricson C902 and its only a 5megapixel camera but it is really good and clear. I was gonna go for the one with 12.1 but people said it was worse :confused

You are probably better buying a super cheap mobile...and gettin a good camera!

take it back to the shop and see what they say. my mum bought me something from there a few years back and when it went faulty they wouldnt accept it back....had to go to manufacturer and then i got told the bill for repair would be over £100. I never paid it but got 6 replacements.

So maybe worth asking asap before they tell you to do that

Good luck

octane
28-Jan-10, 01:30

As i said before......you've been conned!!!

Maybe read up on your purchase before getting on your high horse

northener
28-Jan-10, 01:43

It says this on the webpage you linked to:

Wi-Fi:no
Camera:1.3 Mega pixel
Screen display: