PDA

View Full Version : freedom of information act and northern constabulary

Manxman
27-Jan-10, 12:57
This makes interesting reading after their recent survey of how good they are.I wonder how much the survey cost or maybe I should ask under the FOI(S)Act :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8480982.stm

Latino
28-Jan-10, 15:33
Are Northern Constabulary trying to say that answering FOI requests is impacting negatively upon frontline policing?

Are they trying to limit solicitors, the media and the public using they would like to keep to themselves?

Is there a subliminal threat here to us in Caithness that we shouldn't be asking questions of our Police Force or if we do, we'll get even less of a service than we currently get?

veekay
28-Jan-10, 19:36
Can we get less service than we already get?

bluechesse
28-Jan-10, 23:54
Can we get less service than we already get?

I doubt it!

Bazeye
29-Jan-10, 00:30
Is there a subliminal threat here to us in Caithness that we shouldn't be asking questions of our Police Force or if we do, we'll get even less of a service than we currently get?

Cfrtainly looks like that doesnt it.

Manxman
30-Jan-10, 12:23
Latino you must be psychic -Latimer is now threatening to close police stations - those bad FOI people will be to blame!

Phill
30-Jan-10, 12:46
Latino you must be psychic -Latimer is now threatening to close police stations - those bad FOI people will be to blame!

Maybe no bad thing, where would the fed's go then if they can't hide in the nick anymore?

Amy-Winehouse
30-Jan-10, 13:08
A reduction in coppers is not a good thing in this day & age . Do they still have them in Lybster ? Or do our coppers from WK come down & hide down there now ??:cool:

Latino
30-Jan-10, 14:40
Psychic - I wish I was as I would concentrate my efforts on the National Lottery!

You don't need to be psychic to work out in advance what the head of the Inverness Constabulary is up to.

Instead of closing Police Stations why don't they:

1. Reduce their Headquarters staff so that they are really out on the beat;
2. The Chief Constable and his deputy give up their big flash vehicles provided at the Highlands council tax payer expense and get Fiesta vans instead thus providing enough money to provide another couple of cops and keep about three small police stations open each year, as well as being environmentally friendly by taking two gas guzzlers off the roads.

Oh, I forgot - The Force refursed to give details of the costs incurred in providing and keeping Messrs Latimer and Sutherland's Range Rovers on the road in response to a FOI request until the Regulator forced them to do it......so the reply goes full circle!

veekay
30-Jan-10, 18:00
Perhaps I am a little naive but surely Mr. Latimer and pals are public servants and should be open to the public in their behaviour as we proved the finances. If they did the job properly in the first place there would be no need for anyone to ask for information under FOI act. That way there would be no drain on the purse and no police stations would need to be closed.

Be open and accessible and doing the job properly = saving money = no closures.

Simple!

Bazeye
30-Jan-10, 18:12
A reduction in coppers is not a good thing in this day & age . Do they still have them in Lybster ? Or do our coppers from WK come down & hide down there now ??:cool:

Portgower, I heard.

dafi
30-Jan-10, 18:41
Sounds like a compleate red herring to me. This is just the NC trying to put pathetic fiscal reasons for them to reduce cooperation with the public in providing information.

At seven thousand seven hundred pounds per answer.....i should bleedin coco.

Smells of fish and bull poop at the same time.