PDA

View Full Version : OMG - poltney News - SEX shop

jac1791
26-Jan-10, 22:25
Can i say through the org that my shop -- Poltney News is NOT turning into a sex shop, this rumour is from a disgruntaled mother thats son we had to let go from his paper round because of the amount of mistakes, this mum let her other kids used the shop up until yesterday but now slating us as a discusting sex shop for selling hen party novelties lol

Phill
26-Jan-10, 22:33
Ooooohhhh, I can sense another locked thread here!

this is good, this is good stuff!

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 22:35
That is soooooooooooooooo dissapointing to hear Jac

Wick hasnt got a sex shop has it ? Why not Jac ? Nows your chance, you`ve just advertised yourselves , so why not ? Go on go on go on . We know you want to.......................[lol]:cool:

Bobinovich
26-Jan-10, 22:37
LOL the Caithness Rumour Mill at it's very best :D

Margaret M.
26-Jan-10, 22:40
Poltney News is NOT turning into a sex shop

Darn rumours -- I thought it sounded too good to be true. :~(

Leanne
26-Jan-10, 22:42
Hee hee!

When we first moved here we thought Silver Darlings was a lap dancing club - we were stunned! We only found out about 4 weeks ago that is isn't...

jac1791
26-Jan-10, 23:08
lol -- well everything in the shop is on display - not hidden under the counter, all fun novelties for adult gifts or parties such as hen nights ,, maybe i should stop the papers and put red bulbs in the lights --- oh still some people would find a problem -- thank god we all not so up tight to let ourself have some fun and a life -- not like those i will not mention.

everything can be seen on our web page

Kathy@watten
26-Jan-10, 23:11
Well now I know what to open in one of the unused shops in the town....a sex shop...all singing all dancing, with the normal unbranded bags that are so popular in the off license shops for shy customers. Bet it would be a winner!

jac1791
26-Jan-10, 23:13
i bet it would -- and you would be surprised how many would use the shop --- lol me for one lol

peedie
26-Jan-10, 23:13
i love the rumour mill... it never fails to raise a smile!

Kathy@watten
26-Jan-10, 23:15
LOL might have to practice rude words...I struggle with the word nipple without giggling like a school kid! and thong....well don't start me! Don't think the sex shop world is for me really, I am too shy and retiring!!

Dadie
26-Jan-10, 23:17
The red lightbulbs would not be energy saving ones:lol:
People would object to you wasting energy:lol::lol:

Leanne
26-Jan-10, 23:17
I am too shy and retiring!!

lol yeah whatever!

Fran
27-Jan-10, 02:07
Well now I know what to open in one of the unused shops in the town....a sex shop...all singing all dancing, with the normal unbranded bags that are so popular in the off license shops for shy customers. Bet it would be a winner!

...and you would get big grants for opening a shop without a similar one being in existence in the town.

Metalattakk
27-Jan-10, 02:19
Anyone else heard of the Streisand Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect)?

northener
27-Jan-10, 10:50
What would you call the sex shop?

'Going For A Thong?'

Or maybe you could just change the shop name to 'Pervytown News'.:Razz

Olin
27-Jan-10, 10:55
This thread trully is awful banter.... all these caithness people sitting fizzing away at the thought of a sex shop in caithness.....

Terrible and septic banter....

Kenn
27-Jan-10, 10:59
WHOOOO HOOOO every thing can be seen on the website!

Phill
27-Jan-10, 11:45
I dunno what all the fuss is about really.

I said to Wifey about getting some toys to make things interesting in the bedroom, apparently the Lego fire station and remote control tank does nothing for her.

EWOK
27-Jan-10, 11:45
can someone pm me the web address for the website please

Kenn
27-Jan-10, 12:17
Only if you are over 18.

Venture
27-Jan-10, 12:26
Only if you are over 18.
[lol] Oh Lizz what a teaser you are. [lol]

EWOK
27-Jan-10, 12:39
Married with three little ones does that let me qualify. lol:lol:

Phill
27-Jan-10, 12:55
Do they sell the Real Hamster range there?

northener
27-Jan-10, 13:00
Married with three little ones does that let me qualify. lol:lol:

You've been rather busy for a 15 year-old, haven't you?:eek:

Mr P Cannop
27-Jan-10, 13:53
can someone pm me the web address for the website please

and me too

laguna2
27-Jan-10, 13:56
I am absolutely outraged ...................

....................... oops :o wrong thread!!!!!! :lol:

EWOK
27-Jan-10, 14:54
How are you getting 27 years to be 15 years has got me puzzled Northener?:confused

ducati
27-Jan-10, 15:01
Silver Darlings is a Lap Dancing Club?? :eek:

northener
27-Jan-10, 15:24
How are you getting 27 years to be 15 years has got me puzzled Northener?:confused

winding up:Razz

Pooch
27-Jan-10, 16:27
Silver Darlings is a Lap Dancing Club??

I thought this was funny :lol: I thought it did line dancing there :lol: Can I ask Leanne why you thought this just being nosey and it might explain why it never worked as a restaurant :lol:

George Brims
27-Jan-10, 18:21
I dunno what all the fuss is about really.

I said to Wifey about getting some toys to make things interesting in the bedroom, apparently the Lego fire station and remote control tank does nothing for her.
I remember reading that there are a number of mechanical devices that can be used to make a woman become sexually aroused. The BMW 760i is supposed to be particularly effective.

Phill
27-Jan-10, 18:24
I remember reading that there are a number of mechanical devices that can be used to make a woman become sexually aroused. The BMW 760i is supposed to be particularly effective.

So my riggy old Land Rover isn't gonna work either!

Leanne
27-Jan-10, 19:01
I thought this was funny. I thought it did line dancing there. Can I ask Leanne why you thought this just being nosey and it might explain why it never worked as a restaurant :lol:

It's just the name - sounds so p㋛rn ;)

golach
27-Jan-10, 20:06
It's just the name - sounds so p㋛rn ;)

Obviously you have not researched the Caithness and Scottish history, or you would know exactly what the Silver Darlings were and are, sad really.

Leanne
27-Jan-10, 20:48
Obviously you have not researched the Caithness and Scottish history, or you would know exactly what the Silver Darlings were and are, sad really.

Burlesque dancers - I know (I actually do know a bit about the history of the area - you just assumed I didn't ;) )... Wasn't that how men got their kicks in the 'olden days'?. I actually know of a lady who was a Silver Darling - she's still striking into her 70s (or may even be 80s). Or are you talking about the fisherwives tale?

ducati
27-Jan-10, 22:24
Burlesque dancers - I know (I actually do know a bit about the history of the area - you just assumed I didn't ;) )... Wasn't that how men got their kicks in the 'olden days'?. I actually know of a lady who was a Silver Darling - she's still striking into her 70s (or may even be 80s). Or are you talking about the fisherwives tale?

I'm not falling for that-it is a windup right?[lol]

wickscorrie
27-Jan-10, 22:37
hey jac
just what the town is needing
sure you would do a roaring trade
and for the other punters a line in lego

e' org is a good place for brainstorming and coming up wae new business ideas

golach
27-Jan-10, 23:40

a wee lesson leanne, on the Silver Darlings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Klgk2ojkQU&NR=1

jac1791
27-Jan-10, 23:53
THANKS Wickscorrie -- some support at last!!

Leanne
27-Jan-10, 23:58
a wee lesson leanne, on the Silver Darlings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Klgk2ojkQU&NR=1

Who I believe were named after this rather famous book :roll:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Darlings-FF-Classics/dp/0571200788

The Burlesque was kind of a joke - though there is a lady in Caithness who was in the Silver Darlings Burlesque Dance Troupe

golach
27-Jan-10, 23:59
Who I believe were named after this rather famous book :roll:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Darlings-FF-Classics/dp/0571200788

The Burlesque was kind of a joke - though there is a lady in Caithness who was in the Silver Darlings Burlesque Dance Troupe

Aint google wonderful [lol]

Leanne
28-Jan-10, 00:01
Aint google wonderful [lol]

Nah we did it in A-level English lit at School. We did a book from each nation. Irish was a book of short poems by Seamus Heaney but I cannot for the life of me remember the Welsh one...

Edit - the English one was Far from the Madding Crowd (nearly forgot that...)

Edit - though I never did twig that the Restaurant was named after the book so :blush:

Phill
28-Jan-10, 00:03
hey jac
just what the town is needing
sure you would do a roaring trade
and for the other punters a line in lego

e' org is a good place for brainstorming and coming up wae new business ideas

By the interest in this thread alone I can see a good CASE for some cash.
Lapdancers, sex toys, lego.

It'd be like the Soho of the North but with a Toys r Us

ducati
28-Jan-10, 00:30
THANKS Wickscorrie -- some support at last!!

Sorry Jac-having so much fun with this I forgot it was a serious thread. The woman you are talking about has obviously, as you explained got an axe to grind. Unfortunately it appears you have handed her the stone.

:(

Having worked in a shop in Wick I know what the wifies are like so you have my simpathy.

:roll:

smee
28-Jan-10, 13:50
For this to work Jac you may need to change your male staff.

A CHIP of the old BLOCK instead of a CHIP of an old BLOKE ;-)

jac1791
28-Jan-10, 15:02
LOL oh now that might be the answer !!!!

wickscorrie
28-Jan-10, 16:16
lol smee that was good

djc1504
30-Jan-10, 00:38
www.poltneynews.com (http://www.poltneynews.com)

The web address for poltney news

Adult novelty toys and hen night gifts.

Newspapers

Magazines

Grocery

Tobacco

Cards N Gifts

Phill
30-Jan-10, 00:49
www.poltneynews.com (http://www.poltneynews.com)

The web address for poltney news

Adult novelty toys and hen night gifts.

Newspapers

Magazines

Grocery

Tobacco

Cards N Gifts

no Lego then :~(:~(

starlight express
03-Feb-10, 18:32
Hi Jac I bet the man of the woman who started the rumour would be the first one in the door if you did open a sex shop. Ha Ha

jac1791
08-Feb-10, 17:37
lol -- him and lots more.........

but sadly its NOT a sex shop == I have made a small discreet corner for adult novelties and hen party things - nothing offencive on the shelves and 3 catalogues that i can get things home within 48 hours,,

WHY NOT POP IN AND SEE FOR YOURSELF -- im open to debate if people think its a sex shop or a much needed line of gifts needed for a party night!!!!

thanks everyone for your coments

northener
08-Feb-10, 23:34
lol -- him and lots more.........

but sadly its NOT a sex shop == I have made a small discreet corner for adult novelties and hen party things - nothing offencive on the shelves and 3 catalogues that i can get things home within 48 hours,,

WHY NOT POP IN AND SEE FOR YOURSELF -- im open to debate if people think its a sex shop or a much needed line of gifts needed for a party night!!!!

thanks everyone for your coments

Mind if I come in and shuffle about in my PVC mac?

Boozeburglar
09-Feb-10, 01:21
I don't see the embarassment or stigma to these things nowadays.

Last time I went in and bought something like this was from a shop in London, and they gave me it in a bright pink bag with their logo on it.

Did not bother me one bit.

:)

Leanne
09-Feb-10, 19:49
they gave me it in a bright pink bag with their logo on it.
:)

To match 'your' bright pink hat? ;)

Crackeday
05-May-10, 06:43
It seems the "sex shop" thing didnt work as the shops now for sale!!!!.
Maybe customers voted with their wallets and didnt like the way the shop was heading, or am i just being cynical?

jac1791
05-May-10, 11:34
that had nothing to do with our reasons to sell the shop or close it yesterday but I cant wait to hear the wick rumour mill start.. its for personal reasons we have closed

telfordstar
05-May-10, 12:40
that had nothing to do with our reasons to sell the shop or close it yesterday but I cant wait to hear the wick rumour mill start.. its for personal reasons we have closed

So are you closed for good? I get my papers from your shop so would be good to know.

The Drunken Duck
05-May-10, 12:48
This thread has made my day. The ability of Wickers to concoct stories never ceases to amaze me.

I always look forward to going home and finding out what I have been up to .. ;)

horseman
05-May-10, 13:38
Why should such needs not be available? Are there no amourous requirements in Wick___ My wife -not me!! paid a visit to our local window blacked out establishment!!! Made my eyes blink---I think it awfully narrow minded to blank out any legitimate and if patronised, obviously needed business.But each to their own.

davem
05-May-10, 13:57
Sorry to hear you are going to move on. Also sorry to witness the glee some people have in perceived ill fortune, I am sure that is not the case. I've only been in your shop once or twice but always found what was wanted and felt thoroughly welcome. Good Luck with your sale and in future ventures.

katarina
05-May-10, 15:24
Hee hee!

When we first moved here we thought Silver Darlings was a lap dancing club - we were stunned! We only found out about 4 weeks ago that is isn't...

silver - as in silver haired? That would be a novelty!

jac1791
05-May-10, 20:49
thanks Davem, letters with explanations are going out to all customers asap, but some things need to be kept private.

thx everyone for the support

telfordstar
05-May-10, 20:53
thanks Davem, letters with explanations are going out to all customers asap, but some things need to be kept private.

thx everyone for the support

Thank you. I appriciate your response and you are indeed very true some things are better private I won't disagree there. I wish you all well.

catran
06-May-10, 10:10
sorry to here that the shop is closed. A sign of the times however all the best to you all