PDA

View Full Version : A wee moan!

Dadie
26-Jan-10, 21:18
Today started badly!
When I got up(been up half the night with Euan) I thought that I would put on something nice and after hunting through my wardrobe it suddenly dawned on me that after having 3 kids close together in age that my maternity and fat day clothes were all I had!
Was in a bad mood afer that for the rest of the morning....
Now its worse I have been flicking through the next catalog and I have not got a clue what size I am or what will look ok.
Do I ask hubby what he thinks (fine would be the answer no matter what) or Lauren who is 3 (as long as its pink and sparkly its great) neither are Caithness' answer to Gok or Trinny and Susannah:roll:
Lauren was too clingy and we all had to stay and play at nursery today (the washing fairy never came when I was there more is the pity)
I also gave the girls a grilling over where mummys phone was and found it in the changing bag (where I left it)

Margaret M.
26-Jan-10, 21:33
Ah, but take a look at those wee faces (preferably when they are all asleep) and the lack of good fitting clothing will seem like such a small price to pay. :D

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-10, 22:01
Today started badly!
When I got up(been up half the night with Euan) I thought that I would put on something nice and after hunting through my wardrobe it suddenly dawned on me that after having 3 kids close together in age that my maternity and fat day clothes were all I had!
Was in a bad mood afer that for the rest of the morning....
Now its worse I have been flicking through the next catalog and I have not got a clue what size I am or what will look ok.
Do I ask hubby what he thinks (fine would be the answer no matter what) or Lauren who is 3 (as long as its pink and sparkly its great) neither are Caithness' answer to Gok or Trinny and Susannah:roll:
Lauren was too clingy and we all had to stay and play at nursery today (the washing fairy never came when I was there more is the pity)
I also gave the girls a grilling over where mummys phone was and found it in the changing bag (where I left it)

I feel your pain....all i have are my old pregnancy clothes now. I was a size 6-8 before athrun. After i lost some baby weight i was still a 10-12.

Now i have no chance of getting back below that for at least another year :roll: Im just gonna get til be a fatty....again!

I refuse to buy from catalogues, i never knew what size to take. You can be a size 10 in one place but a 14 in another!

Make a day of it and get a few of your friends....go to inverness or somewhere for a shopping trip! You deserve it :Razz

joxville
26-Jan-10, 22:01
Ach, stoap girnin'...ME ME ME ME ME, think of others for a change. :roll:

PS ;)

Kathy@watten
26-Jan-10, 22:31
Wee moan...that was a whopper of a moan, folk much prefer to listen to the positives, we all tire of the proverbial moaner. Try counting your blessings and being less self obsessed, your kids are fine, you have a home to live in, free from diseases and have jobs which pay for the stuff you want. On the other hand there are some folks out in others places and some not so far away struggling to make ends meet and have to suffer with pain etc on a daily basis....feel any better yet?
days could always get worse and if we are lucky enough we can normally have another one the following day...should we not run out of air in the night!! :lol:

brandy
26-Jan-10, 22:32
ive already told you.. give me my children back and you can go and buy what ever you want! at least give me euan!! you are so greedy! darn it i could have taken them on sat. if you didnt know where i live! ....
however.. i was speaking with lauren.. and weve worked out a deal.. ill give her a little bouncy brown and white puppy named spot.. and i can have a tiny , cute little boy named euan. oh and shes willing to throw iona in as a freebie.. something about not having to share anything then!

Dadie
26-Jan-10, 22:45
brandy you can have Euan anytime from midnight till 6am when he refuses to sleep!
Lauren and Iona get up between 6 and 7 everyday... so not much sleep in our house for me (thats why im so grumpy)
Hubby went back to work this week.......... and needs some sleep...

Having trousers that dont want to fall down would be most welcome and would save embarrasment, belts are saving me at the moment!

Ooops my smilies smiling in first post disappeared!

Dadie
27-Jan-10, 15:02
What I meant to say but the text disappeared with my smilies is-
1 Does anyone have any ideas how to turn Euan round to the idea that daytime is for being more awake and night time is for sleeping!:)
Tried everything I have previously tried on the girls and have run out of ideas!:eek:
2 Has anyone tried the personal shopper in Debenhams for ordinary everyday clothes and not wedding stuff and was it any good?:)

We need to have a trip down to Inverness to get the girls shoes as first footers is great for kids shoes when the kids have non standard foot widths (my girls have narrow feet) and they really take time to check the shoes fit well!

BRIE
27-Jan-10, 15:22
I know exactly how you feel Dadie!
My youngest is 16 mths & i still havent managed to get back into my normal clothes & i have now come to the conclusion that i never will so i bit the bullet & gave all my lovely size 10 clothes to my older daughter who is delighted!:lol:
Mummy isnt so delighted at her now size 14:eek: clothes! but i now think well what the heck i have 5 beautiful children & think i did extremely well to stay a size 10 until number 5!
as for sleep ive also given up on that too. im sure in another year the youngest might realise that mummy isnt so grumpy if she sleeps at night!:lol:

rockchick
27-Jan-10, 23:24
Well, I've had three bairns, so feel a small requirement to comment....

Take your time...you've gained the weight over time having the bairn...it'll take about the same time to lose it. Take long, slow walks!! Go out with the stroller, it costs nothing and helps everything from your fitness and the bairn's outlook on life.

Get a dog...it requires strange things such as "walkies" which mean you have to remove yourself from in front of the TV and get moving! doggies are lovely...

If you have any more energy after small child and puppy have taken their best, you are doing better than I (and I have an ideal 21.5% BMI to hand!)

Dadie
28-Jan-10, 11:57
No its not that my clothes are to tight, its the opposite problem they are hanging off me!
I have been wearing maternity or larger sized clothes for too long and now im getting back into normal clothes I have nothing!
I would like to lose another stone though I will try to do it slowly as Im breastfeeding Euan but I lost more than :I thought when I was trying to eat sensibly, I cut out too many calories and as the Docs think I am now proper diabetic not just gestational I had allowed for the chocolate/biscuits/cake at baby feeding times and never had it.

I was 11st a week ago now Im 10st so it is a bit of a extreme loss!
BMI 24 now!

mumof2
28-Jan-10, 23:55
hells bells not another diabetic in the family! oh that's a bit pants. i have the opposite problem i'm putting on weight not losing it. took the dogs out for a massive walk to get some exercise but ruined it by having 2 packs of crisps at work tonight. you'll have to get a day in inverness for clothes once the wee one will take a bottle, i'll happily babysit Euan while you take girls for shoes just make sure it's a day i'm not working.