PDA

View Full Version : parking

sharona
26-Jan-10, 16:53
i have just got a second car and have been reported for parking both outside my own home there is some sad people about

joxville
26-Jan-10, 17:08
There's always a downside to living in a skip. ;)

Invisible
26-Jan-10, 17:15
i have just got a second car and have been reported for parking both outside my own home there is some sad people about

There are some sad people. I thank you

oldchemist
26-Jan-10, 17:24
Sad indeed - but unless there are parking restrictions, what have you been reported for???

octane
26-Jan-10, 17:51
Sad indeed - but unless there are parking restrictions, what have you been reported for???

double parking of course

Phill
26-Jan-10, 18:04

Oooh, I love this one, I luurrrvve this one, go on tell us the offence.....

northener
26-Jan-10, 18:09
double parking of course

When you say 'double parking' - what exactly do you mean?

Who were you reported to?

sharona
26-Jan-10, 18:19
having two cars at the front ov my house wich one is parked outside my naubours witch they dont mind

sharona
26-Jan-10, 18:21
there are no markins to restriced me

northener
26-Jan-10, 18:26
That's not 'double parking', Sharona.

Double parking is where one car is up against the kerb and the other one is parked in the road next to it - in effect two cars wide in the road.

Unless there are marked parking restrictions in force on that section of road - or you live in housing that stipulates restrictions on parking as part of your agreement- it's got sodall to do with anyone else where you park, I'd say.

Certainly it would appear you are not guilty of contravening any laws.

Phill
26-Jan-10, 18:30
having two cars at the front ov my house wich one is parked outside my naubours witch they dont mind

Is this on the council road / highway or off road parking provided with your property, a driveway basically but communal one?

sharona
26-Jan-10, 18:45
Is this on the council road / highway or off road parking provided with your property, a driveway basically but communal one?
in a small housing eastate

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-10, 18:54
I think Octane was making a joke. Two cars, double parking..

Sharona, it could be that their are different parking restrictions due to it being a housing estate.

How were you informed?

:)

northener
26-Jan-10, 19:08

Sharona, it could be that their are different parking restrictions due to it being a housing estate.

How were you informed?

I thought Sharona posted the bit about double parking....I must pay more attention.:roll:

Phill
26-Jan-10, 19:23
in a small housing eastate

OK, lets try this another way.

Who did you get in trouble with. Coppers? Traffic Warden, Landlord?

Leanne
26-Jan-10, 19:30
Double parking is where one car is up against the kerb and the other one is parked in the road next to it - in effect two cars wide in the road.

It's actually when both cars are at the kerb on opposite sides of the road. It only applies on a bus route anyway to allow people to pull over so the bus can pass.

Margaret M.
26-Jan-10, 21:28

Ok, I'll play. Sharona, in your housing estate, do they have regulations stating that you may only park one car in front of your home?

horseman
26-Jan-10, 21:46

Who did you get in trouble with. Coppers? Traffic Warden, Landlord?

Is was starting to get reasonably good an then someone has to start getting pendantic.-We can make the rules an regs up for ourselves-Authority-leave that out please.More fun that way;)

Phill
26-Jan-10, 21:52
We need to know these things, I just love parking wars!!

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-10, 22:14
It's actually when both cars are at the kerb on opposite sides of the road. It only applies on a bus route anyway to allow people to pull over so the bus can pass.

I always check up before I correct someone.

Phill
26-Jan-10, 22:29

'ave you bin Lybster recently!!

:lol::lol:

Leanne
26-Jan-10, 22:40
I always check up before I correct someone.

It was a question on my driving test - which I got right ;)

Having lived in a big city, and worked in a hospital the size of Wick I am aware of the ways of the roads ;)

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 22:45
My turn, where do you live ? Is there yellow lines outside yer house ??
Or has the car got a tax disc ??? Is one of the cars un road worthy ????

Its bound to be one of these, if not Someone doesnt like you Sharona & theyre talking mince

Jenni
26-Jan-10, 22:59
I have 2 vehicles at my house too and due to lack of space outside my home I parked one on the grass at the side of my house. I received a letter last week telling me to remove it or run the risk of having to pay for any damage done to the grass. Here was me thinking I was being helpful in causing less congestion in our street but obviously not!!

Blarney
26-Jan-10, 23:08
C'mon Sharona, we still haven't ascertained who you reported to, who did the reporting or what you have done about it since....or indeed if you actually care. Maybe you just wanted us all to know that you now have two cars? How can your fellow orgers advise you on your next move if you clam up on us?:confused

octane
26-Jan-10, 23:23

How were you informed?

:lol: i sure was......whooosh it goes sometimes :D

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-10, 23:40

Having lived in a big city, and worked in a hospital the size of Wick I am aware of the ways of the roads ;)

There is only one 'correct' answer?

I have lived on and off in London for 23 years, what has that got to do with it?

Kevin Milkins
27-Jan-10, 00:16
Can I join in please?:roll:

Do your cars have any road tax on them?:eek:

ducati
27-Jan-10, 00:27

There must be something going on in Caithness tonight?.... somewhere?.... Isn't there?

Vistravi
27-Jan-10, 00:35
Sharona whoever reported you would just love to live on my mum's street. My mum's neighbour has four cars in front of their house at different times during the day :lol:

Amy-Winehouse
27-Jan-10, 00:39

Fail

I said that first, you will have to think of another question :Razz

DeHaviLand
27-Jan-10, 01:02

Well, I can think of better people to correct on driving matters than northener. Definition here http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=23399&dict=CALD&topic=parking

Kevin Milkins
27-Jan-10, 01:09
Fail

I said that first, you will have to think of another question :Razz

Sorry AW, I wasn't paying attention.:confused

Have you been using your cars as an off licence to sell drink to under age teenagers on the estate?

Blarney
27-Jan-10, 01:16
Sorry AW, I wasn't paying attention.:confused

Have you been using your cars as an off licence to sell drink to under age teenagers on the estate?
Maybe you've been using one of them as temporary accommodation while you build an extension to your home? OMG are you sleeping in one?:eek:

northener
27-Jan-10, 10:32
Well, I can think of better people to correct on driving matters than northener. Definition here http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=23399&dict=CALD&topic=parking

Cheeky , Leanne said that, not me.:Razz

You are right, of course.

northener
27-Jan-10, 10:42

You are correct in saying that you should not park opposite another parked vehicle if this will restrict access for buses, wagons and emergency vehicles. But it's not 'double parking' in the accepted sense of the expression.

Doreen
27-Jan-10, 11:28
Never mind those winging people they probably got nothing else to moan about if you pay road tax you have every right to park your cars outside oh some people nowadays it angers me[evil]

Phill
27-Jan-10, 11:35
oh some people nowadays it angers me[evil]

You should be bloody outraged luv, I am for ya!

Invisible
27-Jan-10, 11:52
When you gonna give this thread some time, Sharona? Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run. Parking violation a crime, Sharona!
I seem to have the Knack for cheesy parody's.

Anji
27-Jan-10, 12:42
Invisible!
Now I've got that song stuck in my head. I'll be singing it all day.

Fluff
27-Jan-10, 13:37
Are the cars red? Or Blue?

achingale
27-Jan-10, 19:23
All cars parked on a road could be done for causing a hazard but the police would be knocking on everyones door if they stuck to that!! If you are parked in front of a driveway, you can be told to move it or possibly if you live in a narrow street it could be classed as an obstruction if vehicles found it difficult to pass. We had a neighbour once who deliberatly came out after we had moved and took the space, even wearing his slippers to do so! Now that was sad ;) The reason? He did not want anyone to park outside his house at all. There are some strange people about right enough.

oldchemist
27-Jan-10, 20:30
So would one on top of the other count as double parking - or is that a whole new offence category?

Turquoise
27-Jan-10, 21:25
So would one on top of the other count as double parking - or is that a whole new offence category?

Yeah, I think that should be an offence called 'double deckering' :D

northener
28-Jan-10, 01:15
It would be nice if the Op had the decency to elaborate.......

or retract?

Dog-eared
28-Jan-10, 13:29
Are you using one car for storing stolen coal and the other for a lurcher's kennel ? Are they up on bricks with the wheels missing ?
If not, sorry, wrong housing estate! :D

butterfly
29-Jan-10, 18:30
Questions,questions! Not answered yet either......................;)

Miss Mack
29-Jan-10, 19:36
This thread is like one of those films, when it comes to the end and ur left wondering...... what the hell was that all about, entertaining reading though :lol:.