PDA

View Full Version : Wot no wireless!

Phill
26-Jan-10, 11:55
So there I was sat there in me motor and no wireless, not good enough. I cannae drive anywhere without listening to Wogan on the wireless.
Off to the fuse box and start fiddling with me bits, why have they made fuses so small now, it was bad enough to start with but these little teeny things are just impossible, even with the silly little peg thing you get.

But no, oh no, not that simple, not the fuse gone, oh no. Not THAT simple. Ok telephone time to Mr Renault

Oui Monsieur... well no, he was in Inverness actually.... I digress.

Me wireless is broken
!
T' hi-fi in motor wont work
Oh
Oh
Well
Ahh, it's the extreme cold we've had, it's shut down as a safety feature to protect itself
Reeaally
Yes, you just need to bring it in and we can pop it on our machine to fix it, it'll take an hour.
Hmmmm, reeeaaaalllly? thinks.... an hours labour to reset me wireless, he's 'avin a girraffe OK, I'll call you back NOT

Extreme cold! Now I'm a big girly southern jessie incomer type and it's not been that cold recently, snowy yes but not really that cold.
And an hour to reset a wireless, what they gotta do, discharge the valves! AN HOUR, fer gods sake. Even Vauxhall had the decency to only try and charge me half an hour labour for resetting the radio display, and that bill got rammed down their throat 'cos it wasn't requested.

AN HOUR!!

OK, off to Mr Google...clickety, clickety clickety.... "remove console fuse for a few seconds and replace" Ah!

Out to fuse box and fiddle with those bloody stupid little fuses again, it was bad enough to start with but these little teeny things are just impossible, even with the silly little peg thing you get, have I mentioned that?

Anyway, fuse out, fuse in, wireless on, job done, 2 minutes!

AN HOUR, a whole hour.

I'm now off to Renault to offer my services as a consultant to aid efficiency & cost savings, the dirty theivin, bone idle, workshy, over chargin', robbin' gits!

Mik.M.
26-Jan-10, 12:45
Wogan is not the wireless anymore is he.Chris Evans is doing brekkie show now . As for Renault Dealers,all main dealers say the same thing,"It`s got to go on the computer to reset it". Bloody scandalous,money for nothing.

Phill
26-Jan-10, 13:25
ah've 'ad me wrists slapped by Bill, apparently I can't say....... oh it doesn't matter. Can I say bottom? Is bottom allowed or bum, can I say bum bum?

Wogan, gone! I never heard anything about that :roll:

Nibbler
26-Jan-10, 14:41
Phill - that is a cracker.

Thank you - you have made me laugh :lol:

Miknhev is spot on - its worse when you are female too :confused. Garages seem to think we females dont know our windscreen water reservoirs from the radiator water cap!!!!!

(Well, it has been a while since I have been under a bonnet but I think I still do :eek:.)

Keep it up lads. Its good to get a smile on e org

Kevin Milkins
26-Jan-10, 17:44
Wogan, gone! I never heard anything about that :roll:

If you hadn't heard Wogan had gone , then you want to get your radio fixed.

Funny post, nice one Phill.

macbreeza
26-Jan-10, 19:56
haha when i saw this title in the threads i thought it was going to be about wireless broadband not working not a radio.......:lol: