PDA

View Full Version : House / Land Price's

Chillie
04-May-06, 01:23
Found this site if you want to check how much the house or land near you or anywhere was sold for.

WWW.ourproperty.co.uk

Shalom
04-May-06, 09:10
I like this one because you don't need to join to see the results.
http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=sold_prices

Loafer
06-May-06, 07:43
These sites are more generally known as the nosey so and so's sites.

I bought my house and as far as I was concerned it was my business and my business only. Imagine my horror when someone at work said "I see yee paid £xxx for yer hoose, yee must be minted, did yee come intae money recently"

The Loafer

Shalom
06-May-06, 08:35
You have a point, Loafer, if people are using the sites just to be nosey about what their friends and/or neighbours paid for their home. BUT these sites are very useful if you want to know the general house prices in an area you are interested in moving to. You would not know the people in the area so it is hardly nosey just to get an idea of prices. Like everything else, the use you make of such sites is what makes them good or bad!

footie chick
06-May-06, 09:22
They aren't acurate. I know what I paid and its nothing like what it says on these sites

squeezy
06-May-06, 09:41
How much a property has been sold for is a matter of public record, all these sites have done is made the information (much!) more accessible. That said, using the sites to be nosey and then using it to throw in your face, unaware of any other circumstances is just incongruous.

I found them to be very useful when trying to buy my flat. I knew the street I wanted to live on, using these sites I was able to see what similar properties were going for at the time so knew if it was within my price range. (Also, gave me the reassurance that my solicitor knew what he was talking about!)

I've also found them useful for flats I've been unsuccessful with - let's you know how much you missed them by, but that usually gets me frustrated when I see it was just by £500. Although there was one where I knew I was the second highest offer and it actually went for 8 grand over what I offered - that made me smile! (Besides, the flat I got in the end was much nicer!)

Note sure about anyone elses, but the site accurately shows what I paid for my property.