PDA

View Full Version : how to bring back the enjoyment to the spectating of tv football

Tom Cornwall
25-Jan-10, 20:28
The state of football and refereeing…(be sure to tell me if I’m being too radical).. at the beginning of the season, the referees committee should tell the clubs how it’s going to be…any diving, shirt pulling and general acting will be severely dealt with…a card, then off, ..after a couple of games, the team managers will soon sus that they don’t have enough players, and will stop encouraging the players to do all the things that’s taking the enjoyment out of watching the game. .then, maybe, the referees will get their authority back…and we'll like watching it

joxville
25-Jan-10, 20:39
What....who....eh....sorry, I nodded off there. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

ducati
25-Jan-10, 20:44
Yes I am dead against the drama queens falling over then having a 10 minute stop while they are seen too.

Conversely I remember an incident a couple of years back in MotoGP when Shynia Nakarno's (spelling) back tyre evaporated at 200 mph. After the smoke and dust cleared he ran back to the pits jumped on the spare bike and qualified it on the front row.:cool:

horseman
25-Jan-10, 23:09
Yes Tom a lot of us would be in favour of your suggestions,nice an easy,so why not-do you think money might be a factor here,money what zillions you mean.
All I can say is it makes you wonder,basic rules an they are ignored an exploited.
An ducati ,yes,smashing comment,I remember when scramblers used to p
ick themselves up, -give the bike a good kicking an get on with it.

Same basic forinstance,an great spectator value.

Kevin Milkins
25-Jan-10, 23:31
That's easy Tom, start watching rugby instead.

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 00:24
What....who....eh....sorry, I nodded off there. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Classic put down of Epic proportions, Tom , you asked for that mate, setting yourself up for a fall if ever I seen it [lol]:lol:

Invisible
26-Jan-10, 09:40
I think referees should "grow a (metaphorical) pair". Time to announce their control and authority in the game and if players complain, send em off!

Bobinovich
26-Jan-10, 10:22
You could increase my enjoyment by removing football from TV altogether and replacing it with quality TV such as um, ermm, ahem, ach stuff it I'll just stick 'til 'e Org :eek:

northener
26-Jan-10, 10:30
Football?

Is that the game where they won't pick the ball up and run with it in case they get their hands dirty?

northener
26-Jan-10, 10:37
Yes I am dead against the drama queens falling over then having a 10 minute stop while they are seen too.

Conversely I remember an incident a couple of years back in MotoGP when Shynia Nakarno's (spelling) back tyre evaporated at 200 mph. After the smoke and dust cleared he ran back to the pits jumped on the spare bike and qualified it on the front row.:cool:

Yes Tom a lot of us would be in favour of your suggestions,nice an easy,so why not-do you think money might be a factor here,money what zillions you mean.
All I can say is it makes you wonder,basic rules an they are ignored an exploited.
An ducati ,yes,smashing comment,I remember when scramblers used to p
ick themselves up, -give the bike a good kicking an get on with it.

Same basic forinstance,an great spectator value.

You'll like this little clip of me having an 'incident' going over the Ord on me bike, then........;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdi2f_YhMU

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jan-10, 11:09
You'll like this little clip of me having an 'incident' going over the Ord on me bike, then........;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdi2f_YhMU

Obviously going too fast round the corner there you should be reported to the police, banned for a year and made to resit an extended test !! :lol:

Moonboots
26-Jan-10, 12:11
Think this post is going abit of topic lol

ducati
26-Jan-10, 13:39
Think this post is going abit of topic lol

Well bikes are more interesting than a bunch of overpaid nancy boys kicking a ball around:lol:

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 15:11
Well bikes are more interesting than a bunch of overpaid nancy boys kicking a ball around:lol:

Surely you are fishing Ducati ??? ;)

ducati
26-Jan-10, 15:33
Surely you are fishing Ducati ??? ;)

What? football, bikes, now fishing-surely this should be a Hobbies thread

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 20:01
What? football, bikes, now fishing-surely this should be a Hobbies thread

PMSL at that one [lol] , If you wana talk fishing Im listening mate

northener
27-Jan-10, 10:17
OK, back to football.....

err....dunno, don't really watch it.:Razz

Kenn
27-Jan-10, 10:54
Union I trust Kevin.

northener
27-Jan-10, 11:05
Union I trust Kevin.

Union? Pah!

Invisible
27-Jan-10, 11:47
I think to bring back the enjoyment to the spectating of football, you have to ignore those who try to "slag off" the beautiful game on local forums:lol:

You wouldna see me go into a fishing thread and call it carp or onto a bike thread and give you a road safety speech.

Cattach
27-Jan-10, 12:09
That's easy Tom, start watching rugby instead.

I would not bother. Hardly worth watching a game full of brute strength and ignorance and where the bounce of a funny shaped ball can be the difference between winning and losing. Hardly skill when the shape of the ball rules the game and skill is out the window.

As for the rules, rugby is a very dirty and unfair game. Players bite, gouge and generally take actions which are against the rules all the time in the scrum and in the ruck.

northener
27-Jan-10, 12:49
I think to bring back the enjoyment to the spectating of football, you have to ignore those who try to "slag off" the beautiful game on local forums:lol:

You wouldna see me go into a fishing thread and call it carp or onto a bike thread and give you a road safety speech.

Invisible, the noble art of taunting has been around for centuries...especially when it comes to matters football.

It's soooo easy.......:Razz

northener
27-Jan-10, 12:52
I would not bother. Hardly worth watching a game full of narcissm and play-acting where the diving of a prima donna can be the difference between winning and losing. Hardly skill when amateur dramatics rules the game and skill is out the window.

As for the rules, football is a very dirty and unfair game. Players burst into tears, feign injuries, hurl abuse at each other and officials and generally take actions which are against the rules all the time on the pitch and in the tunnel.

Fixed it for you.:Razz

Cattach
27-Jan-10, 13:53
Fixed it for you.:Razz

Did not think that altering someone elses quote was part of the rules. So there you go breaking the very rules you claim to support.

Bazeye
27-Jan-10, 15:55
How to bring enjoyment to the spectating of football on TV? Hmm... a tricky one, but I usually find half a dozen cans does the trick.