PDA

View Full Version : Seven year old Charlie on his bike

horseman
25-Jan-10, 15:20
How about that wee mannie Charlie Simpson an his epic 5 mile sponsored bike ride to raise funds for the Haitian quake!He had hoped to raise £500-a heck of an amount on its own for a young man! Last I heard this morning he was up to £73,000. -Unbelievable:)
How is he ever going to top this?
Getting off to a head start like that thou' I don't put it past him.:D

*Martin*
25-Jan-10, 15:42
Just had a quick google on this

http://www.justgiving.com/CharlieSimpson-HAITI

Absolutely fantastic!!!!

Target: £500.00
Raised so far: £104,148.01

Makes you realise the world aint such a bad place after all!!

brandy
25-Jan-10, 17:32
i just read this and it made me so happy and proud that we have children who can rise up and do things like this.. and that we have fellow men and women that jump aboard and make this a reality! well done charlie!! and well done to everyone who have donated!!!

Venture
25-Jan-10, 17:41
What a fantastic achievement. The power of the media and the internet can make small things great. I hope he manages to raise a lot more. Well done Charlie Simpson.;):)

unicorn
25-Jan-10, 18:30
That is just phenomenal wowwww. Well done to that wee man.

Ricco
25-Jan-10, 19:58
This lad is fantastic - I have been using him as a sample of human kindness and compassion at school.

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jan-10, 21:35
I watched him on BBC Breakfast yesterday at seven in the morning and he had a total of just over six thousand pounds. The total just kept on going up and up all day.

He was a lovely wee boy.

He has almost £125,000 now. :D

horseman
25-Jan-10, 22:29
I watched him on BBC Breakfast yesterday at seven in the morning and he had a total of just over six thousand pounds. The total just kept on going up and up all day.

He was a lovely wee boy.

He has almost £125,000 now. :D

I shall wait till tomorrow an than check again,an if he is going still upwards-I will have another go at donating to him-I have the strangest difficulty in managing this apparently easy task!! Is it that the pounds don't want to part from me-or that I can't let them go?? Got to be one or the other,na, it'l be me ,mind I ticked all those ancient boxes in an earlier thread.;)

George Brims
26-Jan-10, 02:08
Is this wee fella any relation to the other Charlie Simpson who was the best bobby Watten ever had (with apologies to the others) and took part in Highland games?

Aha - I see despite the name, he's not from Caithness at all. I see he's up to 152,000 quid raised now. I just posted a wee thing about him on Open Salon, which is widely read in the US, so maybe that will ad a few dollars to all the quids he's raised.

horseman
26-Jan-10, 22:12
Good for you Gorge,(cant even spell geordie now)that is just so unrealistic,may the good lord God shine on you for ever charlie:D

George Brims
27-Jan-10, 00:39
Well it didn't take much effort. I'm not a frequent poster there, but once I'd posted it, I slipped in a mention in a comment on a Haiti article by one of the more popular writers, who was dead chuffed and is now also spreading the word. I should also write something to the local media now I think of it. This is fun. :)

Stavro
27-Jan-10, 01:00
That sure is a lot of pedalling for such a wee lad. Well done Charlie! :)

ducati
28-Jan-10, 00:45
That sure is a lot of pedalling for such a wee lad. Well done Charlie! :)

The boy done good-just thought I'd get it back on the front page:)