PDA

View Full Version : old programmes

wicker8
24-Jan-10, 18:14
hi all does anybody out there rmember a programme on bbc1 late on a friday night i think called budgie if so what was the scots hard man called thanks

davem
24-Jan-10, 18:16
Charles Endell (Charlie) it says on wikpedia
Good programme used to like it

Aaldtimer
24-Jan-10, 18:18
Played by Ian Cuthbertson! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgie_(TV_series) :)

tonkatojo
24-Jan-10, 18:19
hi all does anybody out there rmember a programme on bbc1 late on a friday night i think called budgie if so what was the scots hard man called thanks

Budgie starred Adam Faith, not sure who else was in it.

Boozeburglar
24-Jan-10, 18:26
What a talent Faith was. Sad he is gone.

Gronnuck
24-Jan-10, 19:04
I remember Ian Cutherbertson as Charlie; he wore a pair of knitted wollen gloves a lot of the time. :confused

veekay
24-Jan-10, 19:11
Didn't Ian Cuthbertson go on to appear in Super Gran? Anyone remember that one?

charlie
24-Jan-10, 19:16
Indeed he did...he was "the Scunner" Campbell.

sweetpea
25-Jan-10, 00:41
Changing to another show, it's a pity the guy from Father Ted died! I just saw it on gold or something and wet myself but there's only about 8 shows.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 01:03
Totally agree, I loved him so much. Very sad.

However, I am sure those episodes will come to be regarded in the same way Fawlty Towers episodes are now.

In fact, they already are to a large extent.

:)

Douglas Cowie
25-Jan-10, 19:50
Changing to another show, it's a pity the guy from Father Ted died! I just saw it on gold or something and wet myself but there's only about 8 shows.

There are 25 episodes in all, I got the box set for Christmas from Mrs Cowie. It's my all time favourite, superb stuff.

danc1ngwitch
25-Jan-10, 19:55
Watched the sons of Katie elder the other day, Wow! Now thinking about when i used to pretend i was a charlie angel:eek:
Who started this thread[para]

wicker8
25-Jan-10, 21:09
hi all you orgers thanks a lot for your help on this cheers:Razz

Tighsonas4
25-Jan-10, 21:43
hi would have replied
but i would be going back to parrafin lamps then allidans then tilleys
only phone was the nearet phone box
remember our first radio,nearly filled the room, needed accumalators which used to get charged up stairs in r s waters the squeking and squeling was something else but it worked!!!
as regards meals there was always a menu [take it or leave it]those days are LONG SINCE GONE but happyness could still abound regards tony

Tighsonas4
25-Jan-10, 22:47
this should be in the thread old memories
just for sanity sake but no brains to move it tony