PDA

View Full Version : Belfast weekend

West Coaster
24-Jan-10, 12:36
Going to Belfast for a weekend break the end of March and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to do in Belfast for two days

Bruce
24-Jan-10, 12:47
we were in belfast last sumer it was great.take a black cab tour around west belfast amazing!!!!belfast zoo is great to.do not wear a celtic or rangers top!!!!!

West Coaster
24-Jan-10, 13:06
We woud like to find somewhere that played traditional irish music - any ideas

Bruce
24-Jan-10, 14:12
not sure never went out at nite.you could try west belfast web site it mite help you

LMS
24-Jan-10, 18:06
A taxi tour is an absolute must! It was brilliant and took us to so many places that we had heard about in the news. The photo opportunities were endless. It was very cheap and the taxi driver gave a brilliant commentary.

The shops are great and well worth a look.

There's the city hall, Belfast Castle, Titanic Dock, dockyards and various other places, all within walking distance of the city centre. We just wandered about, stopping for a coffee/beer/lunch as we came across places. It was a really nice, friendly place.

At night, there were lots of restaurants and pubs which were great and the live music was fantastic.

http://www.gotobelfast.com/what_to_do/attractions.aspx

davem
24-Jan-10, 18:24
Guinness in the Crown Bar opposite the Europa Hotel. Amazing looking inside and a good pint. Foods good too.

DeHaviLand
24-Jan-10, 21:30
Aye, the Crown Bar and the worlds most bombed hotel are definites. Traditional music will very much depend on what side of the tradition you come into.

Pooch
25-Jan-10, 11:44
Totally agree you have to do black cab tour really amazing and the zoo is great, Crown is a must as it is the oldest pub. If you are feeling rich go to the Merchant hotel they have a ridiculas priced cocktail I think it was £700 if I rember right I didn't try this but a really nice bar to have a drink in :D I loved Belfast and planning to go again the people were so nice if you want a nice restaurant I would recommend coco and tedford food was to die for and great romantic mood loved those places. Have a great time :D

sjr014
25-Jan-10, 20:40

There is a place i think its called Fibber Magees its on various floors has a bit for food a trendy bar but also an old quaint traditional pub with traditional music well worth a look. The Crown Bar also a must!

Loads til do take a bus top tour of the city, go til Bushmills whisky distillery, we went up the coast and went to the Giants Causeway well worth a look. But if you have a look on the net u will find loads!

George Brims
26-Jan-10, 02:31
Fibber McGees. It's the back room of a pub just about opposite the Europa Hotel. I forget the name of the pub itself. We landed up in there one Saturday night and it was amazing. One tip though. If your accent is Scottish, pretend to support Celtic.

sjr014
26-Jan-10, 21:58
Fibber McGees. It's the back room of a pub just about opposite the Europa Hotel. I forget the name of the pub itself. We landed up in there one Saturday night and it was amazing. One tip though. If your accent is Scottish, pretend to support Celtic.

No one asked us what footballteam we supported when in there! But im na interested in football so wouldn't of been a problem! Fab place tho i had a cracking night in there!

Maximo
31-Jan-10, 17:25
Fibber Magees is a great place for traditional live music! The night I had there was brilliant!

Taxi Tours are also fantastic!