PDA

View Full Version : Dell Ink

dirdyweeker
03-May-06, 11:08
Apart from 'Dell' ink for a Dell printer is there a cheaper option? Does anyone with a Dell printer use some other ink?

star
03-May-06, 11:15
Try this number its a company in Dornoch we have a dell printer and managed to get a cheaper option from this company (sorry cant remember the name only have the number) 01862 811 000, hope this helps :D

footie chick
03-May-06, 11:39
I use this lot dont have Dell printer but I think they do them
http://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/

Ordered ink on friday 4.30 here next day 10.00!!:)

Geo
03-May-06, 13:42
I think Dell printers are all rebadged Lexmarks which use expensive cartridges and compatibles are few and far between for them. You could find the Lexmark version and see which is cheaper.

Cheapest alternative would be to buy an ink refill kit and refill the current cartridges.

Which model is it? I read a few forums with bargaiians etc so might be able to find something.

Buttercup
03-May-06, 16:03
Apart from 'Dell' ink for a Dell printer is there a cheaper option? Does anyone with a Dell printer use some other ink?
Best deals and service available on most compatible cartridges at www.maximans.co.uk (http://www.maximans.co.uk) P&P is free and it's next day delivery. Never let me down yet. :grin:

dirdyweeker
03-May-06, 18:59
I think Dell printers are all rebadged Lexmarks which use expensive cartridges and compatibles are few and far between for them. You could find the Lexmark version and see which is cheaper.

Cheapest alternative would be to buy an ink refill kit and refill the current cartridges.

Which model is it? I read a few forums with bargaiians etc so might be able to find something.
Sorry not sure which model as it is for my sister. Thanks to all for good suggestions, will pass them on to her.

tip top
03-May-06, 20:55
I binned my dell printer (free with PC) and bought a HP rather than taking HP out to buy the ink!! :lol:

dirdyweeker
04-May-06, 10:03
I binned my dell printer (free with PC) and bought a HP rather than taking HP out to buy the ink!! :lol:

Maybe she will consider this option yet!

Geo
04-May-06, 16:03
Get the right HP printer though. Some of their ink prices are expensive now. Likewise with Canon and Epson. You have to research which one to get as it is not cheap across their product ranges anymore.

Ricco
04-May-06, 21:58
I also got my printer free with the PC. It's outrageous how much Dell charge for the refills. The comment that Dell are simply re-badged Lexmark printers is true, I believe. I did find an alternative source on the Internet - refills - but the one I bought was leaking when it arrived. C'est la vie!:(