PDA

View Full Version : Book Of Eli

Fluff
24-Jan-10, 02:48
My OH and I saw this film this week, it is well worth going to see.

We did not know much about the film, personally I thought this was better as we did not know what to expect.

Without giving too much away, it is set in the future in a post apocalyptic world. The story focuses on a man named Eli. He is walking across America with a book. Other people want to get their hands on this book as when you have it people listen to you.
I can't say any more without giving away the story but I thoroughly thoroughly recommend seing it!

maidenmania
07-Jun-10, 07:50
Rented it last night great stuff and real twist in the tale. amazing cast too washington, oldman, gambon, mcdowell & waits

Gizmo
07-Jul-10, 10:38
Fantastic movie, a great story, and as usual, a brilliant performance from Denzel.

onecalledk
02-Nov-10, 14:09
I must be missing something, watched this last night and waited for the plot to emerge and then it ended. Have any of you watched "the road", this film was much better done and really brought across what humanity was missing and what humans had done, it was gut wrenching film.

The book of eli was full of continuity errors which spoilt the film and didnt really explain what had happened at all. The only bit that seemed to make sense was the bit about having the words to control the rest of the people alive in the town.

Although brilliantly funny when Michael Gambon and Frances DeLaTour appeared.....

a very disapppointing film , either that or I have just watched one too many apocolyptic ramblings.......

K

Nomad
27-Nov-10, 16:45
i agree with the above post a sequel or prequel would help iron out the creases so to speak, good film to kill some time too tho :)

maidenmania
29-Nov-10, 19:49
I must be missing something, watched this last night and waited for the plot to emerge and then it ended. Have any of you watched "the road", this film was much better done and really brought across what humanity was missing and what humans had done, it was gut wrenching film.

The book of eli was full of continuity errors which spoilt the film and didnt really explain what had happened at all. The only bit that seemed to make sense was the bit about having the words to control the rest of the people alive in the town.

Although brilliantly funny when Michael Gambon and Frances DeLaTour appeared.....

a very disapppointing film , either that or I have just watched one too many apocolyptic ramblings.......

K

did enjoy The Road but is very bleak and enjoyed Eli more. Both are much better than the awful A Boy and His Dog which is pure tripe.

Wanted
21-Jan-11, 16:52
I have watched this film and as much as i like Denzil Washingtons acting , this is a film that i could forget very easily.

ShelleyCowie
22-Jan-11, 20:47
Loved that movie! Bought it om Blu ray a few weeks back and watched it. I have to say i really didnt expect the twist at the end! I knew there would be some sort of twist, but not that! Great film, great acting too!