PDA

View Full Version : Friese-Greene's Lost Caithness

Rheghead
02-May-06, 22:38
Has anybody been following this series on TV? The whole archive can be seen online with bits from up here.

Friese-Greene (http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/programmes/openroad/console/bb_rm_console.shtml?nbram=1&nbwm=1&bbram=1&bbwm=1&or_clip=5_2)

Valerie Campbell
02-May-06, 22:50
Yes, just finished watching it. What brilliant footage. When he took the film, I bet he never thought it would turn into something so unique. It's a fantastic portrayal of the country.

Lavenderblue2
03-May-06, 08:09
Yes Redghead I have followed the programme and very good it was too. How wonderful to see all of those people and scenes from the 1920's as if it were today (well almost).
Dan Cruickshanks was the perfect person for the job - he is such a charming man and an excellent presenter.
Mary Ross gave a good interview, so sad to hear that she died soon afterwards. Must take a look to see if the John O'Groats school photo she had is on CCWS.

LB

The photo is in the schools section - amongst the happy throng is Ben Green who was Headmaster at Pennyland School when my children were there.