PDA

View Full Version : OMG Christine Aguilera has got better!!!

Boozeburglar
23-Jan-10, 02:55
Watching the telethon for Haiti, my God she has really got such a voice now.

I cannot believe how great her performance is.

Seriously, my God.

octane
23-Jan-10, 10:01
this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNMknr1wDQA

upolian
23-Jan-10, 10:04
excellent voice!

im into taylor swift at moment amazing voice!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabmBHVfSW0

Boozeburglar
24-Jan-10, 04:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4ppIHrLaU&feature=related

Really this is mind blowingly great singing.

I always had a feeling this woman was something special. Now she has matured it seems there is so much more to her, and more to come.

:)

porshiepoo
24-Jan-10, 11:29
IMO She's always been a fantastic singer. This performance was brilliant but does not surprise me in the least. :)

*Martin*
24-Jan-10, 21:36
excellent voice!

im into taylor swift at moment

I'd be into either off them given the chance or a litre of chloroform

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 00:53
IMO She's always been a fantastic singer. This performance was brilliant but does not surprise me in the least. :)

I have seen her a few times, and she is maturing well, like most singers do if they work at it.

She did not have those skills even five years ago, she was all technique and little restraint.Her technique is so great it mattered little, but to tackle this material it really is the difference between good and great performance.

Also, she seems to have developed more taste in her presentation. A truly class act.

Metalattakk
25-Jan-10, 02:33
Seems to me she's fallen into the well-worn Whitney/Mariah/Celine trap of 'over-singing'.

Before, she was a worthless, talentless, publicity-seeking wretch. Now, she's no more than a worthless, self-obsessed, publicity-seeking wretch.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 02:38
I disagree completely

i think she is showing an abiltity to under sing now

perhaps given a few years she will no long be audible

will that satisfy you then Metal Man???

geez, you just cannot please some people

she is one of the most amazing, sexiest and cute performers in recent history

not since Suzi Quattro has a woman made me drool so profusely

did you actually see her performance????

Metalattakk
25-Jan-10, 02:52
I disagree completely

i think she is showing an abiltity to under sing now

perhaps given a few years she will no long be audible

will that satisfy you then Metal Man???

Oh, I'll be perfectly happy in the meantime, seeing as I rarely (i.e., never - except for clicking on your damn link!) choose to listen to her 'music'.

geez, you just cannot please some people

she is one of the most amazing, sexiest and cute performers in recent history

not since Suzi Quattro has a woman made me drool so profusely

I suspect the lack of any reference in this statement to her musical abilities, and a preponderance to reference her (and the most estimable Ms Suzi Quattro's) physical attributes tells it's own story. ;)

did you actually see her performance????
I suffered it for a brief 20 seconds or so. There's only so much my delicately attuned ears can take.

I'm listening to Dream Evil's new opus ("In The Night") merely to cleanse my aural network of the utter saccharin-coated warble-fest that Ms Aguilera is promoting these days. At least Dream evil write their own songs. ;)

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 02:56
dude, she is the bomb

you just don't feel her the way i do

i dig that

peace

Metalattakk
25-Jan-10, 03:00
dude, she is the bomb

you just don't feel her the way i do

Whatever you're feeling right now, I doubt it's her. :Razz

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 03:09
Joking aside, I was really impressed by her restraint in singing on that telethon.

I know what you mean about the other singers you mentioned, did you ever see that diva concert with them all singing alongside Aretha?

I felt like reaching into the tube and snapping Dion's arm as she marked every step up the scale with those daft fluttering hand movements. Either she is incredibly right on and always signs for those that cannot hear or she is a pretentious moo.

Metalattakk
25-Jan-10, 03:19
Sorry, I try not to listen to that sort of music, and value it not one jot. It's 'not to my taste'.

(You can translate that any way you wish. ;))

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 03:30
well I am not into all that crap either, but my sometimes wife is a gospel singer and i have been dragged to many singist gigs

i love aretha though, always have

i think christine would be awsome in a rock band, she really is a talent that transcends her genre

bit like Bon Scott in that respect

Metalattakk
25-Jan-10, 03:40
Och, stop it man. Wash your mouth out with soap!

Bobinovich
25-Jan-10, 11:00
Seems to me she's fallen into the well-worn Whitney/Mariah/Celine trap of 'over-singing'.

Defo, but why on earth do they do it? It's as though they're trying to fit as many notes in there as possible but don't realise that sometimes less is more :confused

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 14:12
By the sounds of it neither of you watched the performance I am talking about.

My point is that she is learning restraint, I am in total agreement that she has oversung like the others in the past. No way did she do so on this performance.

Metalattakk
25-Jan-10, 14:28
Defo, but why on earth do they do it? It's as though they're trying to fit as many notes in there as possible but don't realise that sometimes less is more :confused

Egotism - an excessive or exaggerated sense of self-importance - pure and simple.

No way did she do so on this performance.

Aye she did. Why did she go into that vocal solo during the piano interlude? Can she not learn to just shut up for a minute?

Seems that she's singing so you can hear her voice, not singing so you can hear the song. Pointless waste of talent.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 14:33
Well at least she has talent, so there is hope for her yet.

I don't think she would be out of place in a band like No Doubt, and they rock!

Maybe she will cover some RATM material on her next opus.

I am dribbling with anticipation.

Margaret M.
26-Jan-10, 22:19
I did not see the concert but watched Christina on YouTube -- what a fantastic performance. She has an awesome voice. I downloaded Christina and Justin Timberlake/Matt Morris doing Hallelujah. Christina, Justin and Matt were all Mouseketeers at the same time. Whomever selected them as kids knew how to spot talent.

Amy-Winehouse
26-Jan-10, 22:40
Christina is a Brilliant singer end of debate for me :cool: