PDA

View Full Version : 88 Chinese in Thurso

Bobinovich
23-Jan-10, 00:55
Was getting a bit sick of ordering the usual dishes here (crispy shredded chicken or chicken with ginger & spring onion being the standards) so decided to try something new.

Was specifically looking for something with a bit of bite (I like cajun chicken and sweet chilli chicken type dishes) but didn't want just heat, so plumped to try Thai Chilli Chicken with Coconut, with which I had fried rice.

All I can say was it was absolutely beautiful - the chicken had just the right amount of chilli heat, while the coconut added a nice sweetness (but not too much).

Anyone else recommend any other chicken dishes from 88 that I can try which might match my formula?

alanatkie
04-Mar-10, 20:59
Took up your recommendation tonight Bob.
Have to agree Thai Chilli Chicken with Coconut was lovely.

Recently fancied something different & tried a Tom Yum Chicken, bit of heat but lovely & creamy as well.

Connor.
04-Mar-10, 21:11
I love the shredded chicken and fried rice from there.

I few of their thai dishes are really nice(agree with the tom yum one). I like a bit of spice with it.

If you're not bothered, price wise, a good starter dish to share is the shredded chicken with salt and chili, it's amazingly nice.

In my opinion actually, most of the chicken dishes from their are really good. I prefer 88 to any other Chinese Takeaway(Thurso & Wick).

Bobinovich
05-Mar-10, 01:52
Thanks guys - I'll give the Tom Yum a try next time.

Scout
05-Mar-10, 12:36
I have said before there are good ones all over in Caithness Yes I have had some good food there. Wick as well. They all work very hard I love Chinese food and the people of China as well

pink25
05-Mar-10, 13:22
I love the lemon chicken from 88 :D it's really good. Orange chicken is nice too.

sunshine23
07-Mar-10, 11:52
I like the food from Eighty Eight but also, the food from Empire is great also. I sometimes choose something different that is not on the menu and they are very obliging and make it for me. I can't fault them either.