PDA

View Full Version : Dog found in Lybster

Leanne
22-Jan-10, 20:35
The dog warden phoned me at lunch today and I now have my second foster :) He is a young brindle dog found in Lybster. If you know his owners then please let them know he is safe and sound and can be reunited. If he isn't claimed by Wednesday then he is available for rehoming

He is a lovely boy. He's medium sized, lean and very friendly. He's dog friendly and has shown respect to my cats. He's house trained and knows basic commands like sit, lie and he will give you his paw. He's delight to have in the house and must be missed. If he's not missed he will make someone a lovely dog

He's the one in the middle (my boys are the book ends :) )

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/22012010251.jpg

donnick
22-Jan-10, 23:41
ur so kind leanne for taking in the dog well done you

Kathy@watten
23-Jan-10, 00:12
Poor mite, lucky tho he could as easily been squashed or proper lost, hope his folks catch up with him soon, or he gets a new family!

Sarah
23-Jan-10, 01:28
He is stunning! Where are you located and how far would you be willing to rehome him?

BINBOB
23-Jan-10, 11:33
ur so kind leanne for taking in the dog well done you

Certainly second this,Leanne...well done.

jean
23-Jan-10, 12:28
has he no microchip? sometimes they migrate away from the injection site and are awkward to locate.
hope his owners find him they must be frantic. perhaps hes been stolen from another area and dumped. poor wee dog.

Liz
23-Jan-10, 13:40
Well done for giving this beautiful dog a foster home Leanne.:D

Leanne
23-Jan-10, 15:58
Still nothing heard as to owners. The dog warden has checked him for a chip and he's chipless :(

He's settling quite well and is well mannered and just a nice dog. We've been to visit our neighbours too and my two, himself and their rottweiler have been playing like best friends. He even got in her bed with her and she didn't grumble. I think he has a fan :)

cuddlepop
23-Jan-10, 16:58
Still nothing heard as to owners. The dog warden has checked him for a chip and he's chipless :(

He's settling quite well and is well mannered and just a nice dog. We've been to visit our neighbours too and my two, himself and their rottweiler have been playing like best friends. He even got in her bed with her and she didn't grumble. I think he has a fan :)

we had a visitor in our back garden this morning,a lovely black long haired collie.
It wouldnt let us go near it though,just wanted the company of our two.
Oh put food out for it and was scoffed in seconds.Know idea who it belongs too as it didnt have a collar on and we didnt recognise it.

By the time we got back from our walk it had left our back garden.

If its a stray and doesnt get picked up I'm pretty sure it'll be back.

Hopefully you'll get lucky with your wee guest,poor wee thing looks so bewildered.:(

northener
23-Jan-10, 22:16
He's an odd looking little fella!:Razz

Looks a bit whippety to me, but with that tail I think he's a whippet X brindled toilet brush.....

Leanne
24-Jan-10, 11:40
He's an odd looking little fella!:Razz

Looks a bit whippety to me, but with that tail I think he's a whippet X brindled toilet brush.....

He's probably whippet cross collie :)

newpark
24-Jan-10, 11:55
He is lovely, looks like a desert fox, just gorgeous.

BINBOB
24-Jan-10, 12:09

Yes,I thought that too..........very foxy,but shhhhhhhhhhhhh...do not tell the fox killers.;)
Really hope the wee chap is reunited with owners soon or finds a forever home.:D

cuddlepop
24-Jan-10, 17:02

He had a look about him that was uncannyly like a fox,didnt know you could get a breed of dog that was called a desert fox.:confused

teenybash
24-Jan-10, 17:21
Hope this lovely wee chap finds a really good home or his owners turn up. He looks a little pettyman.............. Good for you allowing hime to share your home.....:)

krackenkid
27-Jan-10, 13:00
i've ben itching to tell you all, but the wee man has a forever home with me!!!, i'm Leannes neighbour with the Rotti and they are now the best of friends, he is a lovely boy and goning to make a very faithful friend, still needs alot of training but were willing to give him a chance, so as of today he is legally MINE YAYYYYY!!!!!

We have named hm Dingo as when i first saw him i thought thats what he looks like, will post some pics soon, so a great happy ending xx

BINBOB
27-Jan-10, 13:09
i've ben itching to tell you all, but the wee man has a forever home with me!!!, i'm Leannes neighbour with the Rotti and they are now the best of friends, he is a lovely boy and goning to make a very faithful friend, still needs alot of training but were willing to give him a chance, so as of today he is legally MINE YAYYYYY!!!!!

We have named hm Dingo as when i first saw him i thought thats what he looks like, will post some pics soon, so a great happy ending xx

Congratulations to u both....Dingo seems a very suitable name!!!He is a lucky wee chap,to have both urself and Leanne[not forgetting the dog warden!!]Great story.

newpark
27-Jan-10, 13:11
I don't think there is a breed of dog called a desert fox. Desert foxes are lovely tiny wee foxes with massive ears that live in the desert in the middle east.

He had a look about him that was uncannyly like a fox,didnt know you could get a breed of dog that was called a desert fox.:confused

Liz
27-Jan-10, 13:56
Oh krackenkid that is brilliant news!:D

It is great that Dingo (good name) has settled in so well. Well done for giving him a lovely forever home.

Thanks also to MopTop and Leanne for helping this beautiful dog.

cuddlepop
27-Jan-10, 16:32
Dingo's a good name for him,so glad he found a forever home.:D

krackenkid
27-Jan-10, 17:53
just back from the vets for his first vacination and they seem to think he's around 2-3 years old and defo cllie x something!!! i think he's a heinz, but he was soooo good and didn't cry being left in the car for 15 min, he also adores kids, so maybe used to live with a family, i guess we'll never no, all i do no is we love him and he's part of our family now, think it was fate after losing 2 dogs in 2 months last year, he's brightend up all our days including Boo's (rotti), so yes a very big thankyou to Leanne and mop top, and well i suppose the people that didn't want him, cos i've got a lovely new forever friend.;)

Leanne
27-Jan-10, 19:03
I'm so glad you can amnnounce it finally! He's got a good home with you :)

Ash87
27-Jan-10, 20:03
Aww nice one!! He looks gorgeous!!! :) All the best with him :)

krackenkid
27-Jan-10, 21:11
thankyou leanne, and thanks everyone, i'm chuffed to bits with my little boy, having tried every name going it seems he now answers to max lol!!! so now i've no idead what to call him!!

northener
28-Jan-10, 01:27
Glad to hear you're both happy. He's a lovely looking little mutt.

Looks like a chicken chaser, mind.:Razz

Serenity
28-Jan-10, 04:02
He is a gorgeous dog, as are all three in the pic. And that's coming from someone who's not a big fan of dogs generally.
Glad he has found a new home and you have found a new friend :)

carasmam
28-Jan-10, 08:48
Hope you have many happy years with Max/Dingo. He sounds as though he's landed on his paws now :D

teenybash
28-Jan-10, 14:18
Terrific news that you have your lovely new doggy friend forever......he is very beautiful and I hope you have long happy years together.:)

krackenkid
28-Jan-10, 15:37
thankyou everyone, and were sticking with Dingo!!

froal
28-Jan-10, 21:04
He's a lovely looking, nice of you to give him a home :D
Defentely looks like a Whippet X Collie - small lurcher !:D

cuddlepop
29-Jan-10, 14:39
Looks like a "Heinz" to me,he's gorgeous.:D

_Ju_
29-Jan-10, 19:02
What does looking like "Heinz" mean?

Liz
29-Jan-10, 19:13
What does looking like "Heinz" mean?

A bit of everything ie a mongrel :D

northener
29-Jan-10, 22:23
As in "Heinz 57 varieties"

_Ju_
01-Feb-10, 20:06
OOOOHHHH! now I understand! In Portugal we call them tin turners:)

I often had people asking me what breed they thought their canine was. After careful consideration I would tell them it was definately a dog.;)

Stavro
06-Feb-10, 02:26
Very strange that no one came forward to claim him, but it's good news that he has a good home now.

Leanne
06-Feb-10, 12:02
Very strange that no one came forward to claim him, but it's good news that he has a good home now.

Not strange - it happens all the time unfortunately :(

He's a much loved pet now and has his own family :)