PDA

View Full Version : Band members needed

Studio66
02-May-06, 21:00
Singer + Lead guitarist looking for bassest, drummer and if possible rythem guitarist to join Rock 'n' Roll style band.

If interested or know anyone who may be contact Andrew at Studio66_@hotmail.com or Ross at Rossmack87@hotmail.co.uk

zebedy
04-May-06, 17:30
were are you based...

Wat type of music u do?

Studio66
04-May-06, 22:07
We are based in thurso. We do alsorts of rock bassed music for example guns n roses, metallica, Motley creu, AC/DC , Aerosmith, Velvet Revolver, Bon Jovi, I could go on.....

That give you an idea ?

Chobbersjnr
04-May-06, 22:34
We are based in thurso. We do alsorts of rock bassed music for example guns n roses, metallica, Motley creu, AC/DC , Aerosmith, Velvet Revolver, Bon Jovi, I could go on.....

That give you an idea ?

OUCH you've just completely blown this image of sharp suits & quiffs on stage playing guitars with slapback delay all over the place, playing stuff like Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis & The Pelvis Presley

That's heavy rock stuff dude not rock n' roll

zebedy
04-May-06, 23:09
OUCH you've just completely blown this image of sharp suits & quiffs on stage playing guitars with slapback delay all over the place, playing stuff like Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis & The Pelvis Presley

That's heavy rock stuff dude not rock n' roll

HAHA :lol: :lol:

Studio66
05-May-06, 21:16
No offence lad but if i wanted people's opinions on what the true meaning of rock n roll (which in my opinion is not the old school rock n roll you were speaking bout) I would have set up a descussion bout it, Im just looking for band members that play the style of music (what ever you prefer to call it) the bands I mentioned play.
So by all means if you fit our criteria give us some info!?

You interseted Zebedy?

zebedy
05-May-06, 21:19
... got a bit much goin on at the mom

How old are you?

zebedy
05-May-06, 21:20
No offence lad but if i wanted people's opinions on what the true meaning of rock n roll (which in my opinion is not the old school rock n roll you were speaking bout) I would have set up a descussion bout it, Im just looking for band members that play the style of music (what ever you prefer to call it) the bands I mentioned play.

You interseted Zebedy?

I say we set up a discussion bout it then... Wat u say chobbers?... Keep the music side of things alive...
:lol:lol:

Studio66
05-May-06, 22:29
Singer: 18 , Lead guitarist : 16

tierce-de-picardie
05-May-06, 23:25
im a guitarist wudnt mind bein in another band on top of my many jsut for extra diversity what like is your lead guitarist.

joe

Chobbersjnr
05-May-06, 23:39

You interseted Zebedy?

LMAO dude you can't change terms that have been used for years......rock & roll is rock & roll (chuck, L. Richard etc etc) Rock is rock (all the bands you mentioned earlier)

So whether you want opinions or not you're getting them, after all this is a free forum/ discussion board

if you'd said "looking for musicians to form a rock band" I wouldn't have been thinking sharp suits & quiffs would I??

I hope you find musicians to play in your rock band

BTW does the fact that rock & roll obviously means something else than (Chuck L. Richard & the Pelvis), does that change the meaning of blues, funk, jazz, prog, traditional, folk, classical???

I don't think so.

So studio66 this is not a case of opinion it's fact.

BTW no offence taken lad

Jeid
06-May-06, 03:37
Ok, please guys... Help me out here. Since you all know the meaning of what musical genres are, you'll be able to tell me what punk is?

No avoiding the question....

Music is what you want it to be, and to classify it all with genres is, admittedly, very silly.

zebedy
06-May-06, 13:16
i play a bass... so if u need a bassist... U know.. If ure strugling... I'm willing...!...

same as TDP on top as my many other bands.. Just looking for more diversity.. I play bass for a jazz band... But wud have a go at sum of ure classified genre... <--- Not droping myself in a whole there lol

Jeid
06-May-06, 19:00
But wud have a go at sum of ure classified genre... <--- Not droping myself in a whole there lol

I wouldn't say you were... but perhaps you're dropping yourself in a hole there ;)

Studio66
06-May-06, 22:00
Zebedy , Joe : If either of uz are interested like we'd be more than happy to have a jam with you guys and see how it goes like ? that would be fantastic guys if your up for it !?

To Joe: Lead guitarist is exelent. Best guitarist iv played with.

zebedy
07-May-06, 00:37
Zebedy being me is in Joes band if that gives away who i am to u!!

zebedy
07-May-06, 00:38
Yeah why not... I mean I have my bass sitting in my room.. Gathering dust... Havnt had a Jazz Band prak in a while now...

Wat music u lookin to play..

Pacfic songs?

Chobbersjnr
07-May-06, 00:46
I wouldn't say you were... but perhaps you're dropping yourself in a hole there

nazi[lol] ;)

Jeid
07-May-06, 01:48
You bet....

tierce-de-picardie
07-May-06, 20:39
hmm ide say punk is political thrash well not jsut thrash just plitical music ide clas the pogues a folk punk personally.

studio66 what ur guitarits name i might know him.

joe

Chobbersjnr
08-May-06, 02:11
Punk is trash indeed & has been stated many times that the only good thing going for the genre was the fact it had nothing going for it

for the record I've played in a punk band (SHOCK & HORROR) but I got paid. It wasn't the old style pistols punk it was that chinese export "brink182" amongst others

all the songs seemed to be at the same tempo & in C & the vocals had to be sung with a good ol' touch of pimpliness & youthful arrogance

Don't tell anyone but I actually enjoyed it although I would never dream of listening to anything remotely punky

blink_182
09-May-06, 12:22
where u based/practice?

Studio66
10-May-06, 16:40
Lead guitarist is Andrew, u know who he is now as you spoke to him earlyer or something

Studio66
10-May-06, 16:41
In reply to blink182 we are based in Thurso . what do you play ?

blink_182
12-May-06, 12:52
i play guitar and im realy looking to get back in to/start a band, but im in wicks the only prob.

Chobbersjnr
12-May-06, 13:52
i play guitar and im realy looking to get back in to/start a band, but im in wicks the only prob.

what!!!!!!!! you mean you havn't got a private jet yet

zebedy
12-May-06, 14:01
what!!!!!!!! you mean you havn't got a private jet yet
hee hee........................

Chobbersjnr
12-May-06, 14:06
hee hee........................

1st requirement of any caithnessian musician

OH YEAH & transit must be clearly seen written on the side