PDA

View Full Version : Spiritualists meetings

Fran
22-Jan-10, 03:25
Are the spiritualists still holding their meetings? They were holding meetings in Castletown with different mediums coming up, but i haven't seen any advertisements.

Boozeburglar
22-Jan-10, 03:47
I hope they have not given up in light of the new anti-sham legislation.

:)

chuckie
22-Jan-10, 20:00
There is supposed to be another meetng soon, the Brocas duo.

They were good the last time round, I checked the Spiritual Centre Website but they dont seem to update it, which is a shame.

If any one reading this and know any info please post it here, thanks

Fran
23-Jan-10, 00:32
They informed me today they will be holding monthly meetings in Wick and Thurso , and are looking for a hall or premises. If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know, like a village hall but preferbly in the towns. they were going to have 2 mediums coming north in february but they have had to go away suddenly.

Boozeburglar
23-Jan-10, 02:45
they were going to have 2 mediums coming north in february but they have had to go away suddenly.

They did not see it coming?

3of8
23-Jan-10, 21:32

They were good the last time round, I checked the Spiritual Centre Website but they dont seem to update it, which is a shame.

They informed me today they will be holding monthly meetings in Wick and Thurso , and are looking for a hall or premises. If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know, like a village hall but preferbly in the towns. they were going to have 2 mediums coming north in february but they have had to go away suddenly.

This is probably going to turn into a rant... but here goes.

I would have expected White Arrow or White Feather or Linkside or whatever the supposed psychic of Reay is called to come on here herself and announce the impending arrival, or non-arrival as it now appears, of the Rene and Renata of the psychic world Joanne and Jock Brocas. All due respect to her, it's not Fran's place really to advertise for someone else, I think.

I suppose it is a shame that their site is not updated much as it needs a little something a bit more eye-catching and exciting than it is at the moment. It's almost as dull as Jock Brocas's website. (He calls himself the Psychic Ninja! What a laugh.) Nothing to get the juices flowing and all me, me, me. It looks like Jock is too busy to come to Caithness as he's promoting his best selling book about using your 6th sense to prevent yourself from being mugged. Workshops too! I wonder just how he will be able to do that? Any ideas?

Mind you, they (the Caithness Spiritual Centre) are trying to get the cash flowing. £7 to go to a development circle! I'm assuming that this is per meeting, not per course. Lack of info on the site. Development meetings or circles are usually for people who are psychically aware, and those people are generally invited to said circles. Methinks someone is looking for ways of ripping the gullible public off of their hard earned cash, fools who are eager to part with it in the hope of being enlightened. Maybe the credit crunch is biting psychics too?

I reckon that there has been a massive overload of mediums visiting Caithness with follow-up workshops for an area of Scotland that is sparsely populated and with a small percentage of the said sparse population really interested. Their shenanigans are giving the genuine ones out there a bad reputation, and there are good ones out there. Mind you, I did notice that Gypsy Rose Linkside recently had an old caravan for sale on the Org, so I'm assuming that maybe the crystal ball and tarot cards have been put in storage and the headscarf and beads hung up? Let's hope.

Looking back over this post, I've decided it's not a rant, it's more of a whinge. OK, whinge over. :roll:

youwhat?
24-Jan-10, 12:42
[quote=3of8;649468]This is probably going to turn into a rant... but here goes.

Mind you, they (the Caithness Spiritual Centre) are trying to get the cash flowing. £7 to go to a development circle! I'm assuming that this is per meeting, not per course. Lack of info on the site. Development meetings or circles are usually for people who are psychically aware, and those people are generally invited to said circles. Methinks someone is looking for ways of ripping the gullible public off of their hard earned cash, fools who are eager to part with it in the hope of being enlightened. Maybe the credit crunch is biting psychics too?
. Their shenanigans are giving the genuine ones out there a bad reputation, and there are good ones out there. Mind you, I did notice that Gypsy Rose Linkside recently had an old caravan for sale on the Org, so I'm assuming that maybe the crystal ball and tarot cards have been put in storage and the headscarf and beads hung up? Let's hope.

Friend of mine used to attend a "circle" with them.Gave up and left after a year or so because he said it had descended into farce,with the lady concerned (white arrow?) not having a clue how to instruct anyone in matters related to spiritualism.From what he says the couple from Reay were more interested in making money from people.He also told me she has had no formal "training" as a medium."Shenanigans" is the only way to describe their antics.
Oh,and my friend said he'd been speaking to someone from the S.N.U and it seems they're keen to open a branch up here.

youwhat?
24-Jan-10, 12:55
You're right 3of8,shenanigans is definitely the word for their antics.Questions they should answer are;

What,if any,formal training has the resident medium had?
What,if any,formal training has the person teaching healing had?
Why did they not affiliate to the S.N.U.?(Is it the case the
S.N.U would have nothing to do with them?)
Why is it all the original committee,apart from the couple from Reay,have left?

Will we get answers?

crayola
24-Jan-10, 13:48

If you'd like to see the transparency of the people at Caithness Spiritual Centre I suggest you look at this post (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=618348#post618348) on a recent thread.

trix
24-Jan-10, 15:02

are ye on aboot 'e wifie ros?
it gets held in ma hoose every week fran, monday nites. member we spopke aboot 'iss before? development circle an stuff?
its lek ma own little coven :D
we hevna started back up yet fie christmas an 'e new year but am planin emailin 'e wifie later aday.
wis ye interested in comin lek?
wur planin hevin a wiccan nite sometime soon. il pull up a circle an show ye's how its done an what stuff means. it will be guid.

trix
24-Jan-10, 15:23
This is probably going to turn into a rant... but here goes.

I would have expected White Arrow or White Feather or Linkside or whatever the supposed psychic of Reay is called to come on here herself and announce the impending arrival, or non-arrival as it now appears, of the Rene and Renata of the psychic world Joanne and Jock Brocas. All due respect to her, it's not Fran's place really to advertise for someone else, I think.

I suppose it is a shame that their site is not updated much as it needs a little something a bit more eye-catching and exciting than it is at the moment. It's almost as dull as Jock Brocas's website. (He calls himself the Psychic Ninja! What a laugh.) Nothing to get the juices flowing and all me, me, me. It looks like Jock is too busy to come to Caithness as he's promoting his best selling book about using your 6th sense to prevent yourself from being mugged. Workshops too! I wonder just how he will be able to do that? Any ideas?

I reckon that there has been a massive overload of mediums visiting Caithness with follow-up workshops for an area of Scotland that is sparsely populated and with a small percentage of the said sparse population really interested. Their shenanigans are giving the genuine ones out there a bad reputation, and there are good ones out there. Mind you, I did notice that Gypsy Rose Linkside recently had an old caravan for sale on the Org, so I'm assuming that maybe the crystal ball and tarot cards have been put in storage and the headscarf and beads hung up? Let's hope.

Looking back over this post, I've decided it's not a rant, it's more of a whinge. OK, whinge over. :roll:

what a load o trosk ye hev choost written. next time ye feel lek a rant or a whinge, direct it some ither place....

total crapness!!

who are ye til come on here an speak aboot people in yer derogitory fashion....poor fran wis only sayin. it is her place an she hes ivry rite. what a horrible person ye are. each til their own an 'at!

tut tut.....where is 'e respect?!!!!

shakin ma heid ifanow......in disgust.

Alan16
24-Jan-10, 15:27
what a load o trosk ye hev choost written. next time ye feel lek a rant or a whinge, direct it some ither place....

total crapness!!

who are ye til come on here an speak aboot people in yer derogitory fashion....poor fran wis only sayin. it is her place an she hes ivry rite. what a horrible person ye are. each til their own an 'at!

Let's face it, what these spiritualists do is a con. If you choose to believe in the rubbish they spout then it is both your own time and money you're wasting, and you have my sympathy.

crayola
24-Jan-10, 15:33
And all this form a man who studies Astrologonomy. :lol:

Alan16
24-Jan-10, 15:40
And all this form a man who studies Astrologonomy. :lol:

Hence I know it is a load of rubbish! :Razz

trix
24-Jan-10, 16:19
you have my sympathy.

so patronisin!! :roll:

no thanks alan, i da want yer sympathy, its wasted on me, yer no even on ma radar.

but take mine please...what a sad life ye must lead....wi no faith!!!! am no talkin religion here, am choost talkin in general, no faith in people...always suspicious, sceptical an pessimistic.

so cynically jaundiced :eek:

katarina
24-Jan-10, 16:32
They did not see it coming?

I actually saw that remark coming. am i psychic?

3of8
24-Jan-10, 17:02

total crapness!!

Wind your neck in woman!

I can come on here and talk about them in any way I like. Who are you to castigate me for doing so? Struck a sore point has it?

You've read my rant/whinge? Good! I'm free to do so. It was my continuation on this thread.

The Caithness Spiritual Centre Mob I've had the pleasure of slating before and I'd gladly slate them again --- http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=406154#post406154 --- and it's nice to see others agreeing with me.(thanks youwhat?!)

I know as much as the next person if not more about spiritualism. Genuine people I respect. How dare you suggest I don't. I gave due respect for Fran as the, albeit unwitting mouthpiece, of the (oh how I hate typing this) - Caithness Spiritual Centre. Here's what I said:
All due respect to her, it's not Fran's place really to advertise for someone else, I think.

Why can't they advertise their goings on for themselves, eh? They strike me as the horrible ones as they can't do it and rely on others. Furthermore, derogatory is something you've practised in calling the meetings your own little coven. Bloody great advert for the circles you are in saying that and wallowing in your own crapness, lady. Respect for you is diminishing as quickly as the congregation of the Caithness Spiritual Centre.

golach
24-Jan-10, 17:14
Let's face it, what these spiritualists do is a con. If you choose to believe in the rubbish they spout then it is both your own time and money you're wasting, and you have my sympathy.
Not often I agree with this young loon, but this time I have to agree, spiritualists and their like are just con merchants preying on the fears of the vulnerable, thats my opinion for what is is worth.

Boozeburglar
24-Jan-10, 17:20
I actually saw that remark coming. am i psychic?

Reminds me of the time we attended a Psychic Convention in Prague. Out for an evening constitutional and deep philosophical discussion with the old trout, I noticed two old women in black, wearing shawls, walking a hundred yards ahead of us. We went into a bar, had a pivo or two and carried on our stroll. Again we saw the old ladies, now only fifty yards ahead of us. Took a look in a record store, went into the booth to listen to latest from The Smiths. (Mood music for our suicide planned for later that night.) Coming out we again noticed the old women, now only fifteen yards ahead. This carried on the rest of the evening, until the women were only ahead by a few yards. I could not resist anymore. I broke off from a heated argument on why you Kant have yer pudding till yev had yer Plato meat, to run the few yards to catch up to them.

"Are you following us?", I demanded.

The old ladies turned with the symmetrical precision of a pair of non UK synchronised swimmers.

"Of course we are following you, ..we speak perfect English!", retorted the wifies in perfect harmony.

Alan16
24-Jan-10, 22:24
Not often I agree with this young loon, but this time I have to agree, spiritualists and their like are just con merchants preying on the fears of the vulnerable, thats my opinion for what is is worth.

'young loon'? Aw shucks.

gleeber
24-Jan-10, 22:46
It's amazing that something as wonderful and mystical as a spiritual side of life can cause such conflict amongs people. I was watching the Big Questions this morning and one of the questions was Rhegheads famous question about where was God when Haiti rumbled? They were crazy too. Bishops and Rabbis and Immams and philosophers. The only difference between them and us was they were on the telly. Their Gods were all different too. :confused
Ive had a couple of incidents in my 60 years that could be construed as a vision of the spiritual world. Quite a lot more in fact if you include intoxicated moments. :lol:
I still dont believe the unexplained incidents were anywhere but inside my own head but that doesnt mean its not real and out there. :eek:

Moira
24-Jan-10, 23:39
Doesn't that always happen, Gleeber, when opposing factions meet? Did you see the TV programme tonight on Channel4?
"19:00 – 20:00: The Bible

Ours is said to be a godless age, yet millions of Jews and Christians still draw profound inspiration from the Bible: a collection of over 60 books which tell the story of the creation of the world, the birth of mankind, the promise of a Jewish homeland and the remarkable life of Jesus Christ, and which culminates in a terrifying vision of the end of the world."

I've not seen it myself yet but intend to watch it online later in the week.

lister
25-Jan-10, 00:27
Each too their own eh! or is that not allowed on the org.
many people feel spiritualist meetings and alike are comforting with care and humanity as they may have lost a loved one or are just intrigued, and so they should if that pleases them why worry ,does this type of thing threaten those who have an clear understanding of how life and death works cos if you know it all then pray tell 'o' wise and finished with learning one's.
How about a bit of empathy or sympathy here,people have the right to try to settle their woes in whatever way they see fit,it doesn'a hurt does it?
But throwing in an opinionated reply to such an extent is not on the cards here is it,this shows you're own inability to understand how the human brain works so why not try to take charge of you're own inner self before attacking those who are just looking for answers or possibly enlightenment or even peace.

And yes there is nothing factually that god,ghosts,demons,or any such stories or folklore are true or........untrue, people just believe cos they want to.
Also i'm with everyone else on the shyster's and scam artists tyring to get money from the poor unfortunate souls who are preyed upon should be prevented from doing so.
Leave people alone with their beliefs..we all have a right to beleive dont we..?????

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 01:08
Are the spiritualists still holding their meetings? They were holding meetings in Castletown with different mediums coming up, but i haven't seen any advertisements.

Fran's post has not mentioned name's so no advertising there then.:roll:

Oops! You did a pretty good job of advertising yourself by the looks of it!

[quote=trix;649751]what a load o trosk ye hev choost written. next time ye feel lek a rant or a whinge, direct it some ither place....

total crapness!!

Totally agree Trix.

Well as long as it's their money and time and not yours why worry about it! No one is looking for sympathy,least of all yours.:roll:

Moira
25-Jan-10, 01:30
Butterfly, I have a certain sympathy with Alan16's tutors at Edinburgh Uni. :D

lister
25-Jan-10, 01:32

Sympathy aside min,,yev got a grim determination to see less than there is in everything o wise and knowledgeable one!
Why post yer disgust when to most the important thing here is peace for the mind for most folk.
People in despair and who are lost put there money in all sorts o different things ,alcohol,drugs,violence,revenge.
What harm does this do, it eases their grief ,or is it more about you!
Alan 16 yrs on the planet,not lived yet maybe,not seen the horrors that life can bring to some,its a way of dealing with that that sees some through,this IS true whatever you believe.
Please think afore ye state what ye might not know about.

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 01:40

So have i Moira,poor sods need saving eh?;)

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 01:54

I think they have a bright lad who will do well, personally. Can't we all remember being young and full of vigour?

Life is a learning experience, you cannot judge someone who is too young to have gone through the process yet too harshly.

I don't see what his age has to do with the vailidity of his opinion.

Seems to me he was bang on the money with what he said in this thread anyway.

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 02:09
And it's never too late till learn a bit o respect for others that have gone through life.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 02:32
of course, but he is not too late, so we should have a bit of respect for that and measure our response

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 02:54
If he gives it out he should be able to recieve it back.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 02:58
not always the way, we know better perhaps in some ways due to our experience

how can he get that experience without being wrong or instinctive?

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 03:05
not always the way, we know better perhaps in some ways due to our experience

how can he get that experience without being wrong or instinctive?

Agree,he is certainly instinctive,maybe he should take a little time to measure his response too.Amen!

i'm off to my kip!!:)

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-10, 03:12
Night night.

The thing is that patience and the taking of time over things are not qualities understood by the youthful mind.

3of8
25-Jan-10, 11:11
Fran's post has not mentioned name's so no advertising there then.:roll:

I think you totally missed the point there. If Fran entitles the thread "Spiritualists meetings" then asks when the next one is, she is advertising the fact that there are supposed to be meetings. If you look back over the many and varied threads from Fran, you would see that she regularly asks about meetings, or provides information about them. And regular Orgers will know about whom she is referring to.

Oops! You did a pretty good job of advertising yourself by the looks of it!

Well as long as it's their money and time and not yours why worry about it! No one is looking for sympathy, least of all yours.:roll:
Butterfly, I think you blow hot and cold over this subject. I got some good rep off you last year when I countered alan16's argument about cold readings. I would imagine that you had realised that I was pro spiritualism. I still am. I am, however, anti-charlatan. And I truly think that they (the Caithness Spiritualist Centre) ARE charlatans. Therefore, I do worry about other people's money. Your attitude seems to be that if people are going to be ripped off by other people, spiritualists or not, it's their problem. What if it was a friend or relative of yours? Oh, sorry, I forgot and will refer to the quote above re: "No one is looking for sympathy, least of all yours.:roll:

If they want to give it something worthwhile that may enhance their lives, how about the fund for Haiti? I'm not suggesting they SHOULD. I'm saying MAYBE they should. They may feel better from it.

Finally, I'm not advertising them. I'm hoping I'll shame them into saying that they ain't charlatans and that they are genuine. I doubt that that will happen. Never has in the past.

Phill
25-Jan-10, 11:35
Does Clinton Baptiste ever get up this way, very good apparently.

3of8
25-Jan-10, 12:35
Does Clinton Baptiste ever get up this way, very good apparently.

:eek: He's either already here in disguise or they are modelled on him!

Alan16
25-Jan-10, 18:43
Well as long as it's their money and time and not yours why worry about it!

Yeah, that's the spirit, I should just not care about my fellow human beings and let them continue to waste money on what is essentially a lie.

No one is looking for sympathy,least of all yours.:roll:

If they were looking for it then my giving would be a lot more hollow.

Sympathy aside min,,yev got a grim determination to see less than there is in everything o wise and knowledgeable one!

No, I have a determination to see all that there is in everything, but I stop there. I don't create something to see.

Why post yer disgust when to most the important thing here is peace for the mind for most folk.

Everyone talks about this 'peace of mind' rubbish. What they are doing is lying to fellow human beings, in the extreme cases to people who have lost loved ones, and they are getting paid for this. They are exploiting people, people who may well be vulnerable. What they do is truly disgusting.

People in despair and who are lost put there money in all sorts o different things ,alcohol,drugs,violence,revenge. What harm does this do, it eases their grief

What harm does it do? Well of those you listed there, the harm done by them is fairly obvious.

,or is it more about you!

Of course it is, don't you see that? I don't give to charity, or help an old woman with her shopping, out of the kindness of my heart, I do it because I know I will feel guilt/regret afterwards, had I not done it, and I do not want to feel that. And believe it or not, it's the same here. If I see someone talking about God, spiritualists, et al, then I would find it very difficult not to say anything, because I live in the certainty that these things are lies, and I do not want the guilt on my conscience of letting someone live like that without even trying to persuade them.

Alan 16 yrs on the planet

18, not that it is really relevant.

its a way of dealing with that that sees some through,this IS true whatever you believe.

I understand that this is what it is for some people, but I honestly do not believe that I should therefore say nothing. That is just not who I am, nor who I'll ever be.

Please think afore ye state what ye might not know about.

Contrary to popular belief I do think before posting. But, yeah, as I said above.

Fran
25-Jan-10, 19:10
My reply is mostly to 3of8. I started this thread by asking a question, did anyone know when the next spiritualist meeting was. I just wanted an answer. Someone phoned and gave me one. I could have been asking about the next meeting of a keep fit class.
I was not advertising by asking a question, but you have, you have spent a lot of time on this post. You have even gone through my thousands of posts, that must have kept you busy all day.
I have been through yours too, all 94 of them Very interesting.
On 9 july 2008,
your 94th post you actually advertised the caithness spiritualists and a physcic fayre and you stated you were disgusted at a slanderous slanging match against them. I was surprised.Also on 10 july 08 you state you are a beleiver in spirital matters.
You did a poll in august last year asking do you beleive in the spiritual world, and moaned about spiritualists in july. your other posts re the same in april and june all about spiritualists. you only seem to pop up when you see that word.
I think there is a touch of jealousy going on, that you are jealous of this group, after reading all your posts.
You say you have a degree in environmental science. Very interesting.
This post is just one persons attempt to put down the spiritualist group and i am surprised the mods have not closed it.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just wish I knew how to quote some of your previous posts on to here, it makes interesting reading with a touch of jealousy i think.
I also wonder if "you what" is your friend.

manloveswife
25-Jan-10, 19:30
Hello everybody,

I would like to make a few comments on behalf of the Caithness Spiritual centre, firstly I would like to introduce myself rather than hide behind a board identity, I am Anne and currently am the Vice Chair and treasurer for the Caithness Spiritual Centre.

Whilst I do not want to be drawn into this thread, which I believe has as much to do with the agenda of others I do wish to clear up a couple of items that seem to be being levied against the centre.

First I would like to say how sorry we all are for Fran, who came on the board initially to ask a question, and ended up being accused of advertising on our behalf. I believe Fran simply asked a question and did not deserve that. Simply having an interest in Spiritualism and being strong enough to voice it does not make her an accomplice in some advertising campaign.

The fact that there is currently nothing to advertise shows the lie to the accusation of her advertising on our behalf. There are no current events planned at the moment, there was to be an evening of mediumship in the near future but as has already been stated the two mediums had to pull out, no we did not see it coming but none of us claim to be THAT good, in fact most of the committee make no claim of Psychic ability, if we were all that good then we would all be sat on a beach toasting our Euromillions Jackpot. It doesn’t work that way I’m afraid.

So, for those interested we will be organising some events through the coming year, details of which will be posted to our website, admittedly there has not been a lot of activity on the site lately, but every committee member does have other commitments and a life, it will be updated as soon as we have anything to report.

Regarding accusations that the CSC has a money making agenda I would like to lay this to rest, yes admission charges are made to events, raffles held, all of which go to covering costs. Believe it or not the mediums who visit us in this out of the way place do not come for free, they also have travel expenses and need accommodating. Yes the mediums do stay at one of our members B&B, but this is given at a large discount, and normally at the expense of accepting a full rate paying customer on those evenings. This means in reality they lose money to facilitate these events. Like any group, CSC has outgoings and does need to cover them, however no committee member takes a wage and everyone works hard for the centre on a voluntary unpaid bases.

We also undertake some fund raising for worthy causes where possible, prior to Christmas we ran a special raffle, the proceeds of which will shortly be going to the chosen cause. I will not state the cause on this thread as I believe it would be unfair to bring them into a thread of this nature. Details will shortly be placed on the website though.

One of the biggest “concerns” here seems to surround the development circle that has been run by one of our committee members. I would first state that the lady has our full moral support and is quite entitled to do so if she so wishes. However it must be stated that this development circle has been separate to the CSC, and not a venture run by the group, trying to throw profiteering mud at the centre on a totally unfounded basis is simply not on. We mention this here as there seems to be some confusion. We do not govern the lives of our members, and should anyone wish to undertake any legitimate venture then that is the right of each and every person in this country. Any charge is purely between this member and those who choose to attend such a circle, I’m sure she also has some right to compensation for her expenses and time in such a venture. But again this is not a matter to be twisted and levied against the centre.

The centre however does run a Spiritual healing circle, and is affiliated with the Scotia Healing Organisation, all Healers are registered and insured with that organisation. Members of this circle pay a whopping two pounds on attendance to the centre to help cover costs, any excess helping to cover the mediumship events.

I do hope this clarifies one or two things, I would like to state that we as a group hold certain beliefs in Spiritualism, that is I believe our right if we so choose. Others in this world hold the same views, yet others worship other things, and believe in different gods to each other, though doubtless if they took the time to stop and think they would realise they all actually have the same god, just by different names. Most people would not think it right to come on this board and rant about and accuse Catholics, Protestants, or Muslims of being cheats and con merchants, instead we are taught to respect the beliefs of others, it is their and our right to hold such beliefs.

We welcome all to the Evenings of Mediumship, if anyone wants to see or learn more about us you are more than welcome to attend an event, either as sceptic, believer or somewhere in between.

I hope this has answered some questions, if anybody wishes to know more then please feel to contact us via the website, or even a p.m to myself. All we ask is that you come with a sensible and serious point of view in a non antagonistic manner and we will happily answer you. That’s it, the centre does not plan on being drawn further into this debate, and I am sure there are certain parties that will disect this post and rip it to shreds, anything can be twisted to suit if that is the desire. The Centre however felt the need to respond to what would appear to be an attempt to personally attack certain people and the group, who I can assure you only have love and good intention at heart.

Thank you,
Anne

trix
25-Jan-10, 20:07
Wind your neck in woman!

I can come on here and talk about them in any way I like. Who are you to castigate me for doing so? Struck a sore point has it?

You've read my rant/whinge? Good! I'm free to do so. It was my continuation on this thread.

The Caithness Spiritual Centre Mob I've had the pleasure of slating before and I'd gladly slate them again --- http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=406154#post406154 --- and it's nice to see others agreeing with me.(thanks youwhat?!)

I know as much as the next person if not more about spiritualism. Genuine people I respect. How dare you suggest I don't. I gave due respect for Fran as the, albeit unwitting mouthpiece, of the (oh how I hate typing this) - Caithness Spiritual Centre. Here's what I said:

Why can't they advertise their goings on for themselves, eh? They strike me as the horrible ones as they can't do it and rely on others. Furthermore, derogatory is something you've practised in calling the meetings your own little coven. Bloody great advert for the circles you are in saying that and wallowing in your own crapness, lady. Respect for you is diminishing as quickly as the congregation of the Caithness Spiritual Centre.

i cana even respond til yer post. yer so far off 'e mark ifanow, its actually laughable...

yer no even worth takin on. got far better things til do wi ma time than argue wi someone as ignorant, arrogant, egotistic and supercilious as yersel.

ye hev a complete lack o' respect for people....yer cheeky an very bad mannered.

yer sophistication levels are seriously lackin too, one o' ma pet hates :mad:

i wid tell ye til grow up but....it wid be lek speakin til a brick wall.

carry on slaggin people off on a local website...way til go man :roll:

Alan16
25-Jan-10, 20:25
carry on slaggin people off on a local website...way til go man :roll:

Just so you know, you accused him of slagging people off whilst calling him the following: "laughable", "ignorant", "arrogant", "egotistic", "supercilious", "cheeky", and "bad mannered". Just so you know...

trix
25-Jan-10, 20:49
Just so you know, you accused him of slagging people off whilst calling him the following: "laughable", "ignorant", "arrogant", "egotistic", "supercilious", "cheeky", and "bad mannered". Just so you know...

i do ken 'at aye....i do hev some level o' intelligence but thanks for pointin it oot til me :roll:

in ma opinion...he personally deserved'ed....!

da get me started on ye ;):Razz

Alan16
25-Jan-10, 22:51
i do ken 'at aye....i do hev some level o' intelligence but thanks for pointin it oot til me

You're welcome.

da get me started on ye ;):Razz

Is that a challenge? :D

trix
25-Jan-10, 23:01
Is that a challenge? :D

anytime ye think yer fit - wid put ye til yer knees ;)

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 23:27
Yeah, that's the spirit, I should just not care about my fellow human beings and let them continue to waste money on what is essentially a lie.

No one doubts you care but you are not in control of other people's life's,time or money and you are not superman.If this bother's you this much ,take yourself along to the next meeting and offer yourself up as their saviour,i can just imagine the reply you will get!!!;)

[quote=manloveswife;650332]Hello everybody,

I would like to make a few comments on behalf of the Caithness Spiritual centre, firstly I would like to introduce myself rather than hide behind a board identity, I am Anne and currently am the Vice Chair and treasurer for the Caithness Spiritual Centre.

Whilst I do not want to be drawn into this thread, which I believe has as much to do with the agenda of others I do wish to clear up a couple of items that seem to be being levied against the centre.

First I would like to say how sorry we all are for Fran, who came on the board initially to ask a question, and ended up being accused of advertising on our behalf. I believe Fran simply asked a question and did not deserve that. Simply having an interest in Spiritualism and being strong enough to voice it does not make her an accomplice in some advertising campaign.

The fact that there is currently nothing to advertise shows the lie to the accusation of her advertising on our behalf. There are no current events planned at the moment, there was to be an evening of mediumship in the near future but as has already been stated the two mediums had to pull out, no we did not see it coming but none of us claim to be THAT good, in fact most of the committee make no claim of Psychic ability, if we were all that good then we would all be sat on a beach toasting our Euromillions Jackpot. It doesn’t work that way I’m afraid.

So, for those interested we will be organising some events through the coming year, details of which will be posted to our website, admittedly there has not been a lot of activity on the site lately, but every committee member does have other commitments and a life, it will be updated as soon as we have anything to report.

Regarding accusations that the CSC has a money making agenda I would like to lay this to rest, yes admission charges are made to events, raffles held, all of which go to covering costs. Believe it or not the mediums who visit us in this out of the way place do not come for free, they also have travel expenses and need accommodating. Yes the mediums do stay at one of our members B&B, but this is given at a large discount, and normally at the expense of accepting a full rate paying customer on those evenings. This means in reality they lose money to facilitate these events. Like any group, CSC has outgoings and does need to cover them, however no committee member takes a wage and everyone works hard for the centre on a voluntary unpaid bases.

We also undertake some fund raising for worthy causes where possible, prior to Christmas we ran a special raffle, the proceeds of which will shortly be going to the chosen cause. I will not state the cause on this thread as I believe it would be unfair to bring them into a thread of this nature. Details will shortly be placed on the website though.

One of the biggest “concerns” here seems to surround the development circle that has been run by one of our committee members. I would first state that the lady has our full moral support and is quite entitled to do so if she so wishes. However it must be stated that this development circle has been separate to the CSC, and not a venture run by the group, trying to throw profiteering mud at the centre on a totally unfounded basis is simply not on. We mention this here as there seems to be some confusion. We do not govern the lives of our members, and should anyone wish to undertake any legitimate venture then that is the right of each and every person in this country. Any charge is purely between this member and those who choose to attend such a circle, I’m sure she also has some right to compensation for her expenses and time in such a venture. But again this is not a matter to be twisted and levied against the centre.

The centre however does run a Spiritual healing circle, and is affiliated with the Scotia Healing Organisation, all Healers are registered and insured with that organisation. Members of this circle pay a whopping two pounds on attendance to the centre to help cover costs, any excess helping to cover the mediumship events.

I do hope this clarifies one or two things, I would like to state that we as a group hold certain beliefs in Spiritualism, that is I believe our right if we so choose. Others in this world hold the same views, yet others worship other things, and believe in different gods to each other, though doubtless if they took the time to stop and think they would realise they all actually have the same god, just by different names. Most people would not think it right to come on this board and rant about and accuse Catholics, Protestants, or Muslims of being cheats and con merchants, instead we are taught to respect the beliefs of others, it is their and our right to hold such beliefs.

We welcome all to the Evenings of Mediumship, if anyone wants to see or learn more about us you are more than welcome to attend an event, either as sceptic, believer or somewhere in between.

I hope this has answered some questions, if anybody wishes to know more then please feel to contact us via the website, or even a p.m to myself. All we ask is that you come with a sensible and serious point of view in a non antagonistic manner and we will happily answer you. That’s it, the centre does not plan on being drawn further into this debate, and I am sure there are certain parties that will disect this post and rip it to shreds, anything can be twisted to suit if that is the desire. The Centre however felt the need to respond to what would appear to be an attempt to personally attack certain people and the group, who I can assure you only have love and good intention at heart.

Thank you,
Anne

Well said.

butterfly
25-Jan-10, 23:57
I'm hoping I'll shame them into saying that they ain't charlatans and that they are genuine. I doubt that that will happen. Never has in the past.

See previous post![lol]

3of8
25-Jan-10, 23:59
My reply is mostly to 3of8. I started this thread by asking a question, did anyone know when the next spiritualist meeting was. I just wanted an answer. Someone phoned and gave me one. I could have been asking about the next meeting of a keep fit class.
You could have been. You got a phone call from them? Good. Couldn't you pass on the information publicly after receiving it in case anyone on here was genuinely interested? (Edit --- Sorry, you did say didn't you?)

I was not advertising by asking a question, but you have, you have spent a lot of time on this post. I have, yes.
You have even gone through my thousands of posts, that must have kept you busy all day. No it didn't.

you only seem to pop up when you see that word.
I think there is a touch of jealousy going on, that you are jealous of this group, after reading all your posts. If you have really read through my few posts then you will see that I have commented on other topics too. I haven't as many as you as I've less time on my hands, but you are right, it's like a red rag to a bull sometimes. But jealous? No.

You say you have a degree in environmental science. Very interesting. It is very interesting, I agree with you.

This post is just one persons attempt to put down the spiritualist group and i am surprised the mods have not closed it. Why should they? As you have said, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just wish I knew how to quote some of your previous posts on to here, it makes interesting reading with a touch of jealousy i think. I repeat, I am not jealous. What is there to be jealous of. I get this all the time off people who I disagree with. It's an asinine comment.

I also wonder if "you what" is your friend.
He is now!

3of8
26-Jan-10, 00:07
Hello everybody,

Thank you,
Anne

Thank you for that. You've done what I said you wouldn't and I applaud it.

Fran
26-Jan-10, 00:19
[quote=3of8;650529]You could have been. You got a phone call from them? Good. Couldn't you pass on the information publicly after receiving it in case anyone on here was genuinely interested? (Edit --- Sorry, you did say didn't you?)

.................................................. ...............
]
Did i say I got a call from "them", No, i didn't say that. I got the call from a friend then i put on the org what was said.

3of8
26-Jan-10, 00:24
i cana even respond til yer post. yer so far off 'e mark ifanow, its actually laughable... Then why have you?

yer no even worth takin on. got far better things til do wi ma time than argue wi someone as ignorant, arrogant, egotistic and supercilious as yersel. You sound like my ex-wife when I was ripping into the behaviour of her beloved paedophile Catholic priests that she was vehemently defending. And guess what? It's my right to do so.

ye hev a complete lack o' respect for people....yer cheeky an very bad mannered. Yes. I have this effect on people sometimes.

yer sophistication levels are seriously lackin too, one o' ma pet hates :mad: I'm not the one writing in dialect! :Razz

i wid tell ye til grow up but....it wid be lek speakin til a brick wall. You have and you are.

carry on slaggin people off on a local website...way til go man :roll: It is my local site, OK? You're the one doing the slagging off. You are spitting vehement denunciation, censure and reproach because you've taken a dislike to my posts and what I have to say and have thrown your rattle out of your pram. Well, tough. Get over it.

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-10, 00:28
If I see someone talking about God, spiritualists, et al, then I would find it very difficult not to say anything, because I live in the certainty that these things are lies

Hmmm.

It is difficult to couch any response to that without sounding condescending.

So I won't.

Even Richard Dawkins is clear that he is not 100% sure.

;)

trix
26-Jan-10, 00:29
You are spitting vehement denunciation, censure and reproach because you've taken a dislike to my posts and what I have to say and have thrown your rattle out of your pram. Well, tough. Get over it.

there is no rattle..there is no pram :roll:

i think ye are a bully, can choost imagine ye in 'e playgroond :eek:

crayola
26-Jan-10, 00:30
I do hope this clarifies one or two things, I would like to state that we as a group hold certain beliefs in Spiritualism, that is I believe our right if we so choose. Others in this world hold the same views, yet others worship other things, and believe in different gods to each other, though doubtless if they took the time to stop and think they would realise they all actually have the same god, just by different names.
Aaaawww and you were doing no too bad until this little bit of tawdry patronising balderdash. :lol:

I bet my best broomstick I don't have any of your gods. I am a true Witch, a protector of Mother Earth and my spells don't need your fantasies because mine are based on reality both on and within the Earth. :Razz

If you're interested in finding out more about the true Earth religion would you like me to help you find your nearest coven? I could help by casting a spell upon you if you like. :)

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-10, 00:39
the centre does not plan on being drawn further into this debate, and I am sure there are certain parties that will disect this post and rip it to shreds, anything can be twisted to suit if that is the desire. The Centre however felt the need to respond

I won't twist anything, but I will ask why you insist on talking about yourself in this way.

One minute you are 'I', next you are the 'Centre', don't the rest of your cohort have anything to say for themselves?

I take you are all so far 'above' the rest of us that you cannot be bothered to explain yourselves.

There are mediums coming out of the woodwork all over the place; your reasons for cancelling a meeting are specious at best, you could have easily organised alternatives.

My feeling is that your business plan is not panning out and that is one good reason you don't want to get into more, inevitably damaging, debate on here about your motives or practises.

So sue me!

3of8
26-Jan-10, 00:49
On 9 july 2008, your 94th post you actually advertised the caithness spiritualists and a physcic fayre and you stated you were disgusted at a slanderous slanging match against them. I was surprised. Also on 10 july 08 you state you are a beleiver in spirital matters.

I didn't advertise them and never have. I did say that the usual slanging matches have begun. I never said that it was slanderous. I also posted a link to another website that was showing this and suggested that maybe we could all do with trying it ourselves...

Count on me to lead the way
The Dominion Post Last updated 07:30 24/06/2008

Here are my 25 rules for a righteous and contented life.

* Never be awed by people with impressive-sounding academic qualifications. The world is full of highly educated twerps.

* Refuse to buy anything from a shop or cafe that insists on bombarding you with obnoxious noise.

* Never allow yourself to be seen running for a bus. It's undignified.

* Don't hesitate to walk out of a bad movie; life's too short. You usually know within the first 10 minutes whether it's going to be worth persevering.

* Be courteous but firm with telemarketers. Tell them you're very sorry, but your mother-in-law is on fire and you don't have time to talk.

* Don't trust journalists who boast of being cynics, as if this were a virtue. Sceptics demand to be convinced – an honourable attribute. But cynics believe the worst of human nature and assume ulterior motives for everything – a very bleak world view.

* Life is too short to keep up with new music. It's more fun to rediscover the old.

* Treat fashion as the absurdity it is, created primarily to exploit insecure people who lack confidence in their own taste and right to dress as they think fit.

* Be tolerant toward habitual stirrers and activists, no matter how irritating they might be. They are the price we pay for living in a free society.

* Don't condemn religion out of hand. Better to be a kid growing up in a Destiny Church household where there's a cooked dinner on the table every night and a father in work than a kid living in a P house who might be lucky to get KFC on benefit day.

* Never trust a man with a ponytail.

* Don't waste your precious time reading venomous opinions, such as some of those on Internet blogs, whose authors are too gutless to put their names to them.

* Be suspicious of anyone with personalised number plates, unless it happens to be your brother-in- law.

* Don't be ashamed to be seen eating at McDonald's. The sausage- and-egg McMuffin with a hash brown is a tastier and cheaper breakfast than you'll get at most trendy cafes.

* Remonstrate with people who drop litter in public or allow their dogs to foul parks and footpaths, even if you risk a bit of biffo. (This rule is probably safer for old ladies, but not necessarily.)

* Make a point of visiting Parliament at least once to observe the sheer concentration of vanity and infantilism on display there. No one ever said democracy's perfect.

* Accept that there are almost as many bigoted atheist zealots as there are religious ones.

* Keep at arm's length men who dress up in strange clothes and indulge in odd, all-male rituals, such as freemasons, Ku Klux Klansmen, scoutmasters and clerics.

* Relish the prospect of boasting on your deathbed that you never wasted a moment watching a reality TV programme.

* Give thanks for the fact that they didn't have closed-circuit TV that day you set fire to the Waipukurau Post Office fence.

* Distrust ideology in any shape or form. No matter how perfect the idea, humans will always stuff it up.

* Always read the birth and death notices. They remind us what an intimately connected society we are.

* Never trust an academic who uses words such as "paradigm", "construct" (in its noun form), "narrative", "discourse" or "post- structural". These are terms that should activate even the most low- powered BS detector.

* Disregard the lifelong propaganda that teaches us all discrimination is bad. Discrimination is just as often good – it's what enables us to distinguish between good and bad. We need more of it.

* Observe traditional male courtesies such as opening the door for a woman. Even some feminists appreciate such gestures, though they rarely admit it.

* Never trust a newspaper columnist who pronounces 25 rules for a righteous and contented life, especially if he can't count.

I am a believer in spiritual matters. I can't stand the charlatans and have always said so, and there's a shed load out there.

Fran
26-Jan-10, 01:19
I think i will close/lock this thread as it has become quite nasty, and all i wanted was an answer to a question.

Boozeburglar
26-Jan-10, 01:32
More censorship?

;)

Margaret M.
26-Jan-10, 21:52
Well as long as it's their money and time and not yours why worry about it!

Totally agree, Butterfly. Whatever happened to simply respecting the beliefs of others?

bagpuss
26-Jan-10, 22:30
Much debate here I see. We live in a world where organised religion is in decline, and in which minds are becoming much more open to alternative philosophies. Spiritualism/ Mind, Body, Spirit etc has been around longer than most faiths- in fact has its origins in Ancent Greek philosophy. Buddhism and Hinduism make reference to our having a 'higher self' that exists in more than one dimension, and that in each of our various incarnations we have a lesson to learn. It was good enough for Conan Doyle and there is a chair of parapsychology in one ancient University at least.

How many of the orgers have ever had a reiki treatment? Or taken a yoga or meditation class when they've been under stress? Hypnotherapy anyone? Accupuncture? All such therapies rely on tapping into spiritual energies.

youwhat?
26-Jan-10, 22:53
No Fran, 30f8 is not my friend. And Trix,I find it interesting that you're going to have a Wiccan night soon.Why? Because Wiccan practices have NOTHING to do with Spiritualism.If you don't believe me then you can contact the S.N.U and ask them.

crayola
27-Jan-10, 00:10
No Fran, 30f8 is not my friend. And Trix,I find it interesting that you're going to have a Wiccan night soon.Why? Because Wiccan practices have NOTHING to do with Spiritualism.If you don't believe me then you can contact the S.N.U and ask them.
I can confirm that Wiccan practices have nothing to do with spiritualism.

Wiccan practices are based on real living things and real life and Wiccan spiritualism is based on the reality of life on Mother Earth. There are naive elements withiin Wicca who think there is a connection with fantasy-based religions but they have little influence on anything.

Boozeburglar
27-Jan-10, 00:34
Much debate here I see. We live in a world where organised religion is in decline, and in which minds are becoming much more open to alternative philosophies. Spiritualism/ Mind, Body, Spirit etc has been around longer than most faiths- in fact has its origins in Ancent Greek philosophy. Buddhism and Hinduism make reference to our having a 'higher self' that exists in more than one dimension, and that in each of our various incarnations we have a lesson to learn. It was good enough for Conan Doyle and there is a chair of parapsychology in one ancient University at least.

How many of the orgers have ever had a reiki treatment? Or taken a yoga or meditation class when they've been under stress? Hypnotherapy anyone? Accupuncture? All such therapies rely on tapping into spiritual energies.

Crikey.

Pretending Spiritualism is not an 'organised' religion is stretching it not just a bit..

I have done all the mentioned things.

I also have attended Spirirtualist church and watched the charlatans at work.

Don't anyone reading please think that these jokers are something to do with your spiritual life. Some of them are genuine, but don't hope to find those needles in a haystack. Most of them are just after your money.

That is fine, it is a free market, but it is not fine to lie about it.

Phill
27-Jan-10, 00:44

Funny out of the ones I have tried I had to pay!

Acupuncture was interesting, especially when he wired the needles to a car battery, very spiritual indeed.

trix
27-Jan-10, 02:39
Trix,I find it interesting that you're going to have a Wiccan night soon.Why? Because Wiccan practices have NOTHING to do with Spiritualism.If you don't believe me then you can contact the S.N.U and ask them.

i hev a wide variety of interests, ones i wilna bore ye wi.
spiritualism is one o' them, but why wid ye find it "interestin" an then question ma reasons at to "why" am hevin a wiccan night, even tho "wiccan practices hev nothin til do wi spiritualism"?? :confused

i da belong til a spiritualist group, its a development circle that i attend. i hev "wiccan nights" every so often in ma hoose, when am alone.

if a group o' people who are interested in spiritualism...spirituality...spirit....wanted til get tilgither an learn an discuss aboot various aspects o' 'e human spirit...their own included...then wicca is really anither aspect under a huge umbrella, wi many dimensions an' elements til consider.

all seems perfectly plausable til me...

i can assure ye, yewhat? that if ye were sittin in ma circle wi me, skyclad under a full moon, wi candles surroundin us...ye wid indeed feel very much spiritualised :lol:

I can confirm that Wiccan practices have nothing to do with spiritualism.

Wiccan practices are based on real living things and real life and Wiccan spiritualism is based on the reality of life on Mother Earth. There are naive elements withiin Wicca who think there is a connection with fantasy-based religions but they have little influence on anything.

bein a "true witch" crayola, ye'l believe in reincarnation...of the soul (the spiritual element of a person)?? :Razz

Boozeburglar
27-Jan-10, 02:47
You are hot in that dress Trix.

Metalattakk
27-Jan-10, 02:51

I'd bet a pound to a penny she's not as hot out of it, Boozy. ;)

Boozeburglar
27-Jan-10, 03:10
Well I am out if it, and I feel pretty hot..

;)

trix
27-Jan-10, 17:53

so...ye can tell metalattakk til "kiss ma ass" ;) [lol]

Boozeburglar
27-Jan-10, 18:37
so...ye can tell metalattakk til "kiss ma ass" ;) [lol]

No need. You just did!

Not a particularly unpleasant prospect, anyway, but how do I get you through my wee door in that hat?

;)

youwhat?
27-Jan-10, 20:55
[quote=trix;651077]i hev a wide variety of interests, ones i wilna bore ye wi.
spiritualism is one o' them, but why wid ye find it "interestin" an then question ma reasons at to "why" am hevin a wiccan night, even tho "wiccan practices hev nothin til do wi spiritualism"?? :confused

i da belong til a spiritualist group, its a development circle that i attend. i hev "wiccan nights" every so often in ma hoose, when am alone.

if a group o' people who are interested in spiritualism...spirituality...spirit....wanted til get tilgither an learn an discuss aboot various aspects o' 'e human spirit...their own included...then wicca is really anither aspect under a huge umbrella, wi many dimensions an' elements til consider.

all seems perfectly plausable til me...

Except true Spiritualists would have NOTHING to do with Wiccan practices.Neither would they allow any elements of Wicca to be introduced to a development circle.As to development what is it you hope to develop towards?Does anyone attending the circle have genuine abilities or is it just a bunch of "wannabes"?
Even if these circles are not connected to the CSC we still have no idea as to the qualifications (if any) of the person(s) running them.
I doubt this circle is being run in the manner that it should be.

bobcat
27-Jan-10, 21:27
I am a spiritual person and reiki master. I attended a few of these meetings, but was apauled by the leader who, directly after pronouncing confidentiality, went on to slag off one of the previous spiritual speakers! She discused her thoughts of one of the absent group members marriage and refered to other members as "those who bat for the other side". She also was very forceful and determined to impose her views on another member during a dificult discusion, all things which are definitely not in a spiritual light, so to speak. By all means be spiritual, but be careful what you tell these people and remember, if they are talking about others they will talk about you too, for sure.

trix
27-Jan-10, 21:32
Except true Spiritualists would have NOTHING to do with Wiccan practices.Neither would they allow any elements of Wicca to be introduced to a development circle.

is 'at all 'e "true spiritualists" in 'e world lek....ken them all personally do ye?

As to development what is it you hope to develop towards?

eh, gona play 'e knowledge caird here man, a "development in spiritual knowledge"....a subject that ma cronies are really interested in an kwite happy til spend their monday nights discussin an learnin aboot.

Does anyone attending the circle have genuine abilities or is it just a bunch of "wannabes"?

iv never actually hed a readin fie anyone attendin 'e circle as we hev only choost started our group. can only go by ma own abilities. da get me wrong, am no psychic, never hev claimed til be. but i bin practicin 'e arts since almost half ma life an hev never hed negative feedback before. ma tarot readin skills are prity spot on too ;)
a lassie that comes is a practicin healer an iv heard great feedback fie her clients. hell, ats a guid idea, maybe we'l all hev a crash course in "healin an reiki" efter 'e whole witchy session.

Even if these circles are not connected to the CSC we still have no idea as to the qualifications (if any) of the person(s) running them.

i widna worry too much aboot'ed yewhat? yer never gona get an invitation til join ma circle, so its no really much a concern o' yers. am happy...'e wifie that takes it is happy...all 'e members are happy :cool:

I doubt this circle is being run in the manner that it should be.

at's ok, yer allowed yer opinion. i doot 'iss circle is bein run in 'e manner that ye think it should be...but lek i say...wur happy.

peace man!! :Razz

youwhat?
28-Jan-10, 18:43
Trix,if you can trouble yourself to look at the website of the S.N.U then you might understand why I say that adherents of Spiritualism would have nothing to do with Wicca.
If your group are dabbling in matters not related to Spiritualism then you cannot call yourself Spiritualists in the true sense.
It seems to me that the person running your group doesn't know what he/she's doing,and you're wasting you're money.
As regards the CSC we still don't have an answer as to the "qualifications" of it's resident medium.
From my own experience I believe there are persons with genuine abilities in the field of mediumship but that these persons work away quietly and don't draw attention to themselves.

Boozeburglar
28-Jan-10, 18:50
I believe there are persons with genuine abilities in the field of mediumship but that these persons work away quietly and don't draw attention to themselves.

Aye, apart from that Paul Daniels, he's all over the telly!

crayola
29-Jan-10, 23:08
bein a "true witch" crayola, ye'l believe in reincarnation...of the soul (the spiritual element of a person)?? :RazzNot in a personal sense I don't. In my mind reincarnation is akin to procreation but procreation of life in general and the continuation of the generic human soul in a sort of cosmic consciousness.

Spiritualist ideas are primitive in comparison and in my opinion are a cry for help. Modern pagan ideas are based in science and provide that help.

youwhat?
03-Feb-10, 22:42
What happened to the charitable donations they were supposed to be making and which were talked about in threads over the last year or so?

Boozeburglar
03-Feb-10, 23:07
They spent the money on spirits.

youwhat?
05-Feb-10, 23:10
What happened to the charitable donations they were supposed to be making and which were talked about in threads over the last year or so?

The CSC have yet to answer this question.The silence is deafening,but the questions won't go away.

3of8
06-Feb-10, 11:07
The CSC have yet to answer this question.The silence is deafening,but the questions won't go away.

Quite right.

One would expect the CSC website to have been updated by now especially after the post from Anne. However, it hasn't been and nowhere on their site does it mention charitable donations. They've only been mentioned here on the Org.

I think it's only right for people to demand an explanation, especially when it is assumed that money taken off people in the guise of a church or spiritual centre is accounted for one way or another. For example, if the money is collected and used for expenses, this should be shown. Otherwise it should be indicated as to which charities it has been donated. Failing that, it's an income like any other and the tax man should be advised so that the appropriate taxes, personal or otherwise, are paid by the centre.

A brief look at the home page of the SNU ~~ http://www.snu.org.uk/ ~~ shows you their address, phone number, company registration number and charity registration number as they themselves are a charity and accept donations. Any business should do this if they receive monies shouldn't they?

A brief look at the CSC home page ~~ http://www.caithnessspiritualcentre.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=120057 ~~ doesn't show this info. Funnily enough, neither does the home page of the Scotia Healing Organisation to whom the CSC are affiliated ~~ http://www.scotiahealingorganisation.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=179333 ~~ and both of them use the same template via Spanglefish. A look at the Guestbook with Scota shows only one signing, from Ros Ellis of the CSC. Are they one and the same? Yet another deafening question?

Once again, as I've said on other threads, I am a believer in spiritualism. I dislike charlatans and those who profess to be believers for monetary gain. So far, CSC is showing quite blatantly that they are just that, unless they can prove otherwise. Can they prove it? I don't think so.

3of8
07-Feb-10, 01:35
This is from the website of the CSC updated today. Have we made them say this? Get on here and tell all of us yourselves, instead of updating a website that the majority of people won't be bothered to look at.

NB, font colour and bold lettering is mine.

Entered on Saturday 5th February 2010

As the centre is approaching its new financial year we have made arrangement for donations to local good causes. As we have in previous years. The centre does not turn over great sums of money so has very limited sums with which to make donations, most events are run to cover the hosting costs only, but occasionally where possible we do run the odd event or raffle for good causes.

The centre has gone through many changes in 2009, which has meant that we have been unable to update our web site. Old committee members have moved on from the centre and new members have joined the committee. This has meant that the centre has had to be reorganised and unfortunately this has taken a great deal of our time.

We are planning to hold some evenings of Mediumship again in the coming months, they are still in the planning stage at the moment but we will update the web site when the dates are finalised.

It is our intention during the next week to add information on the web site about the donations the Centre has made. We have previously made donations to Cross Roads, Macmillan Nurses and the Dale memorial fund. This year arrangements have been made for the donations to go to Wick General Hospital and the Dale memorial fund.

We also helped the SNU to hold a big charity fundraiser in June 2009, this event was quite successful and the SNU representatives took away the funds from the event. We are still waiting for the SNU to come back with the final figures and to which good causes it has been applied. When we do at last get the figures we will add them to the site.

We would like to say Thank You to everybody that has supported the centre through the last year, especially through the difficult reorganisation process.

A few points:

1) I think I'll get in touch with the SNU myself and ask them why they took money away without a receipt after they held a fundraiser in Caithness last year. Assuming of course that they did and it wasn't someone claiming to be the SNU and thereby taking the opportunity to rip-off the rip-off merchants. Did the CSC go to the SNU or was it the other way around? If the SNU were really here, I'm absolutely certain that the CSC would have been trumpeting the news all over the Org, their website and in posted up leaflets.

2) Wouldn't the CSC bank the money and then give SNU representatives a cheque to take away or, wouldn't they post a cheque of the remainder of the funds after all expenses had been taken into account, or am I being naive?

3) I'll also ask the SNU why it's taking them so long to say how much was taken and to which charities it was paid after 8 months, especially when the SNU keep so up to date with all of their accounts. Bear in mind they have to be as they have charitable status. (See point 6 below)

4) Where was the fund-raiser held and who were the representatives of the SNU? Let us know as I know some of the representatives. e.g. Steven and Stella Upton; Rowena Hardwicke; Tim Abbott; Glynn Edwards; Sian Wilson (minister); Marie Paed (minister). I could go on. If I'm wrong I will publicly apologise for being wrong.

5) It was the 6th on Saturday, not the 5th. But then I'm a pedant.

6) This is from the SNU website (http://www.snu.org.uk/aid.htm)

Spiritualist Aid Committee raises funds on behalf of the Spiritualist movement for worthy charitable causes worldwide.

The committee seeks help from SNU Churches & and individual class B members to organise fundraising event from SNU regional committees.

Furthermore, this is from further down the same page:
For donations to Spiritualist Aid
Please make your cheque payable to 'Spiritualist Aid SNU' and send it to Mr Phil Evans, Treasurer
(address as above, and indicate which fund)

7) How long has the CSC been part of the SNU? Failing that, how long have the members of the CSC been Class B Members of the SNU in order to raise funds on their behalf?

8) Some of us up here in Caithness ARE Class B Members and know what we're talking about.

Something doesn't ring true.

Come on here, not to defend yourselves though you can if you wish, but to join in a lively debate.

youwhat?
07-Feb-10, 22:58
Still no explanation as to why so many of the original committee left.If only we could get them to talk!It would be enlightening I think.
Still no information as to the "qualifications",if any, the resident "medium" has.
I notice the development circles are,according to the website being run by one of their members.We know of course it is Ros Ellis who is running them.
Is this an attempt by the CSC to create a smokescreen to protect her?
Was it authorised by the committee?If it was then it doesn't cast them in a good light.
I look forward to seeing how much they donate to charity,with the donations being reported in our local paper.

youwhat?
08-Feb-10, 20:00
I've been looking at the updated CSC site.I find it very interesting that they say "most events are run to cover the hosting costs only but where possible we do run the odd event or raffle for good causes".The "odd" raffle?
I know a couple of people who are/were regulars to the mediumship evenings and they tell me that there is a raffle held at everyone of these evenings,so there must have been a substantial sum raised in the two years or so of the CSCs existence.
As the CSC is run by a committee I can only assume that this latest attempt to mislead the public has been endorsed by the committee.Shame on them.
I'm also told that at each of the evenings there is also a "shop" set up.What about the revenue from that?
Like 3of8 I would invite the CSC to join in what is proving to be a lively thread.:D

lister
08-Feb-10, 20:25
Not often I agree with this young loon, but this time I have to agree, spiritualists and their like are just con merchants preying on the fears of the vulnerable, that's my opinion for what is is worth.
Not worth much if, that is you're opinion did matter that much, because if ye think" all musicians in caithness are on Crystal Meth", is it, Goulash!!!!!(mess o understatements and misunderstood statements,quite like a stew but not with the goodness,just a mass of unused common insensible knowledgeable facts,which mean nothing but to weirdly old you) of the mad saying's ma boy..Ya need help with you're un-understanding of life and its woes.

Sad but a real non surreal poster of who has nothing but contempt and un-understanding of present life in the musicians bode..sad poster indeed ..
See you're self in the mirror dear boy..and find the answers to whats real in you're debased in yourself..oh contrived and non iridescence one of non-classed factualness.
Clasp at some more straws ya sad unequivocally uninformed mass less nonentity of a gravitationally perplexed singularity

Boozeburglar
08-Feb-10, 20:27
Geez, reading that post was 60 seconds I won't get back again.

lister
08-Feb-10, 20:28
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER gollach ITS.........!"EMPATHY" to all human beings...ALL

ducati
08-Feb-10, 20:39
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER gollach ITS.........!"EMPATHY" to all human beings...ALL

I may have said this before-URGENT send more nutters!

lister
08-Feb-10, 20:44
I may have said this before-URGENT send more nutters!
What if it says Nuts may be included in the manufacture.?
No nuts in me..just mad nutsy posters who may post what they want no matter the mods?????
In flash chat or not..

Boozeburglar
08-Feb-10, 20:47
Hey I would love to know what is behind that remark? Someone being rude to someone, on this messageboard?

I just can't believe it.

lister
08-Feb-10, 20:52
Hey I would love to know what is behind that remark? Someone being rude to someone, on this messageboard?

I just can't believe it.
Maybe Mods in the posters pockets to use when they find the end of their threads usurped ,maybe not,but who knows!!!

Thorfin
08-Feb-10, 23:20
I went to some meetings in the hall at Scrabster which was dash good and I dont know why they stopped. I often heard a few of the old commitee moaning or complaining about the way things were run and this didnt fill me a lot of faith. I did notice they never said how much was donated to any charity if any at all. It was never in the newspapers like the rest do. They would have made a hundred quid most nights between raffle tickets and the door money at five pound each ??? I dont understand why they have to get greedy and spoil what could have been a good thing. Money is the root of all evil [evil]

Fran
08-Feb-10, 23:24
I am closing this as it seems to be a slanging match by the same people against the spiritualist church people.I only asked when their next meeting was and didnt expect all this back-stabbing. Not nice.