PDA

View Full Version : School Revue "hitlist"

cuddlepop
21-Jan-10, 18:36
Well is your school on the "hit list".

We've got 9 in total on Skye so would imagine some of these "delapated" buildings will be closed for Health and Safety reasons,you understand.;)

Remember you'll be expected to make sacrifices if you want Wick refurbished.:roll:..afterall we all know what HC are like.;)

tonkatojo
21-Jan-10, 19:01
Well is your school on the "hit list".

We've got 8 in total on Skye so would imagine some of these "delapated" buildings will be closed for Health and Safety reasons,you understand.;)

Remember you'll be expected to make sacrifices if you want Wick refurbished.:roll:..afterall we all know what HC are like.;)

What schools are on the hit list on Skye ??.

changilass
21-Jan-10, 19:06
Where can we find this hitlist?

Venture
21-Jan-10, 19:31
I don't think there is an official "hit list" as yet. But rest assured it won't be long in coming. Wick High we hope will be brand new Cuddlepop and not refurbished, after all the Scottish Executive are funding two thirds of the cost. ;)
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/7741/Review_brings_threat_of_primary_school_closures.ht ml

balto
21-Jan-10, 19:36
I don't think there is an official "hit list" as yet. But rest assured it won't be long in coming. Wick High we hope will be brand new Cuddlepop and not refurbished, after all the Scottish Executive are funding two thirds of the cost. ;)
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/7741/Review_brings_threat_of_primary_school_closures.ht ml
seen this in the paper yesterday and i noticed that the schools in thurso are on it, but what i dont get is if they close at least 1 of the schools, where are the kids ment to go as all the schools up here has good enrolment figures, i know the school my kids go to mount plesant, is doing really well with numbers, be such a shame to lose it, since the new headmaster took over last year it has become a even better school.

Kathy@watten
21-Jan-10, 19:43
I was suprised to find my own kids school on this list, we love our school and the HMI was good and the staff and children have great rappore and enthusiasm for their work.....new garden area, new roof and clean classrooms and toilet area, yes it's compact and games hall could be bigger but it serves our community well and would be a disaster to lose our local school.

Venture
21-Jan-10, 20:30
I was suprised to find my own kids school on this list, we love our school and the HMI was good and the staff and children have great rappore and enthusiasm for their work.....new garden area, new roof and clean classrooms and toilet area, yes it's compact and games hall could be bigger but it serves our community well and would be a disaster to lose our local school.

Kathy you are giving the impression that there is a list. Can you tell us where we can find it?

cuddlepop
21-Jan-10, 20:33
What schools are on the hit list on Skye ??.

Broadford,Carbost,Dunvegan,Edinbane,Elgol,Kilmuir, Kyleakin,Sleat and Straun.

They've just spent a fortune on a new gaelic unit and sport facilities in Sleat.:confused

Kyle's on it too and they resentaly got a new sports pitch.

This list is unblievable.:~(

cuddlepop
21-Jan-10, 20:35
Kathy you are giving the impression that there is a list. Can you tell us where we can find it?

I dont know where the list is but our local rag reported our Schools under threat in Skye @ lochalsh.

In total they are looking at 112 schools.:~(

Venture empty your inbox, I'm not ignoring your pm just cant reply.

brandy
21-Jan-10, 22:06
the list was in yesterdays paper.. with a list of "c" grade schools and "b" grade schools.. Two schools in Wick fall under the c grade south school and hill head..

Metalattakk
21-Jan-10, 23:02

Venture
21-Jan-10, 23:16
I posted the same link previously of the article in yesterday's Courier. This is only a list of all the C rated (poor condition) schools. This dosen't mean that every school on there is under threat just because they fall into the C category. As stated in the article, other factors are taken into consideration when deciding. I think the biggest decider will be the projected roll for each school.

I asked about a "hit list" mentioned by cuddlepop because I thought another list had been published since then giving specific schools for closure. It's obvious now we are all talking about the same list.

cuddlepop
22-Jan-10, 10:21
It was reported over here too that consideration will be given on travel arrangements to as this will be necessary if they close one school and expect the kids to travel .

We've all followed the school bus issue though so dont hold your breath

that transport will be provided as that budget is under threat too.:(

They've given themselves a year to do an "Audit" on all their educational establishments,we might just have another government by then so who knows whats going to happen.:confused