PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit Windows who got caught??

grantyg
02-May-06, 19:20
So who else booted up their PC on friday to discover a big whoping "YOU HAVE GOT A DODGY COPY AND WILL DIE" well words to that effect, on the blue startup screen?????

Come on own up!

I did and was sold this pc from a local shop who when I stopped shouting at them they told me that they had advised me fully it was an evaluation copy "but we do have a fix for that if you want "
Well I went out to a microsoft authorised dealer and paid £70 for a legit xp home - the other shop are getting a visit from the nice people at microsoft.

The nice legit shop said they have sold over 180 copies of xp to people who have either been ripped off or mis sold or just plain had a copy from a mate!

vodkaman
02-May-06, 20:54
So who else booted up their PC on friday to discover a big whoping "YOU HAVE GOT A DODGY COPY AND WILL DIE" well words to that effect, on the blue startup screen?????

Come on own up!

I did and was sold this pc from a local shop who when I stopped shouting at them they told me that they had advised me fully it was an evaluation copy "but we do have a fix for that if you want "
Well I went out to a microsoft authorised dealer and paid £70 for a legit xp home - the other shop are getting a visit from the nice people at microsoft.

The nice legit shop said they have sold over 180 copies of xp to people who have either been ripped off or mis sold or just plain had a copy from a mate!
Hope this is a joke!

grantyg
02-May-06, 21:10
Nope it was in a windows update

I was totally conned by the shop who upgraded mine!

saxovtr
02-May-06, 21:20
my m8 tried me with a copy of xp as he has it he never gt a thingy saying hes getting done,fortunately i dot believe in copies i jutbought the real deal it saves less hassle!!!

grantyg
02-May-06, 21:42
Yep and for only £70 the real deal is much less hassle!

wick-girl
03-May-06, 20:34
i have the same thing on my computer to!what happens to it,does it just stop one day?

grantyg
03-May-06, 22:19
i have the same thing on my computer to!what happens to it,does it just stop one day?

Get a legit copy because they are aware of the fix (illegal) and they said it is getting tracked so there is a 2nd wave!
That was from when I spoke to microsoft informing them of my dodgy copy and registering my new legit number.
Try overclockers.com?? xp home is about £60 from there or follow the onscreen instructions and buy a license.
Then if you were mis sold it report it!