PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Frodo

cameroncara
21-Jan-10, 13:03
Frodo was rescued last june from a farm in aberdeenshire he was one of a group of 27ish horses found in terrible state with dead carcasses etc all around. He has been in the hands of the ILPH or world horse welfare as they are now known. His dam had to PTS due to her condition.
He arrived with me yesterday and has settled in fantastically and travelled like a star.

He is 13.2hh and is approx 14/15mths old. His dam was a TB and his sire was a welsh D.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/cameroncara/DSC03044.jpg

Kathy@watten
21-Jan-10, 13:11
:D Oh he looks like a sweetie, good luck with his rehab, will look forward to seeing his progress with you. Sad start but now he has landed on his feet and will start to bloom once you get going with him!

BINBOB
21-Jan-10, 14:02
Bless u both...well done.Hope to see more pix soon.;)

Ash87
21-Jan-10, 18:42
Oh I saw that on the news when it happened, it was sooo awful! Happy ending for Frodo though! :) :)

froal
21-Jan-10, 18:53
He's lovely and love his colour too i had a welsh d that colour !
All the best with him keep us posted with his progress, looks like his going to make a nice size too ! :D

donnick
21-Jan-10, 21:39
he looks lovely good 4 u for giving him a home .........well done you

cameroncara
21-Jan-10, 22:58
Thankyou for the comments, im just glad im able to bring him on and i would urge anyone that is experienced and maybe looking to buy to try the ilph first as they have so many horses and ponies needing homes, the centre in aberdeenshire currently has 74.
They only ask for a donation and after that they are yours unless you need to give them back for what ever reason.
x

teenybash
21-Jan-10, 23:27
I too saw these poor souls highlighted on television.........what a wonderful thing you have done in giving this lovely chap a much needed home and safe future...............I hope many more are homed through you posting this lovely happy ending.:)

Stavro
21-Jan-10, 23:30
im just glad im able to bring him on
x

So awful the dam didn't make it.
I remember my sister brought this horrific story of abuse, neglect and unbelievable cruelty to my attention and I was shocked!
'Frodo' looks happy and contented now. You are doing a great job.

cameroncara
12-Jun-10, 20:29
Frodo was rescued last june from a farm in aberdeenshire he was one of a group of 27ish horses found in terrible state with dead carcasses etc all around. He has been in the hands of the ILPH or world horse welfare as they are now known. His dam had to PTS due to her condition.
He arrived with me yesterday and has settled in fantastically and travelled like a star.

He is 13.2hh and is approx 14/15mths old. His dam was a TB and his sire was a welsh D.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/cameroncara/DSC03044.jpg

Well its now been 5 months since Frodo arrived and i have put on recent pics of him, he is doing fantastic and he is booked for his 1st show in a months time more for experience and building his confidence.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/cameroncara/IMAG0320.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/cameroncara/frodonice1.jpg

I really feel that he is now happy.

Jovi
12-Jun-10, 21:12
He looks great,what a difference, when an animal is happy ,it shows. Good luck to you both :)

cameroncara
12-Jun-10, 22:20
He looks great,what a difference, when an animal is happy ,it shows. Good luck to you both :)

Thankyou for the lovely cmment he has brought me as much joy as i hope i have brought him x

donnick
12-Jun-10, 22:32
he looks fantastic well done u . u deserve a pat on the back for the condition u have now got him in and for taking him on .like i say he looks great

Liz
12-Jun-10, 23:03
Wow what a difference! Thank God for lovely people like you who give an animal who has had an awful time the chance to see what life is like in a loving home.

Well done and good luck at the show. Whatever happens Frodo is a winner!

carasmam
13-Jun-10, 07:38
What a difference in just 5 months :cool: Well done for bringing out the best in Frodo :D

cat
13-Jun-10, 12:21
wow.he looks like a different horse!
well done,looks like you are lucky to have each other!

bullielove
13-Jun-10, 12:32
what a difference in him - the pictures dont look like the same horse. I am delighted this boy ended up with you. Well done

cherokee
13-Jun-10, 17:28
What a really bonny boy, Cameroncara!

As all the others have already said on here - a huge well done to you on taking in Frodo and giving him such a happy life ! :)

God Bless You XX

froal
13-Jun-10, 18:23
Wow what a difference 5months make and he's totally change colour too....!!! :D

puffin croft
13-Jun-10, 18:39
i can't believe hes the same horse! well done you,you must really know your stuff!

cameroncara
13-Jun-10, 18:53
Wow what a difference 5months make and he's totally change colour too....!!! :D

I know im not actually sure what i would call he is colour he is passported as dun but im not sure whether i would call him a bay or a dun???

i can't believe hes the same horse! well done you,you must really know your stuff!

Thank you for the comment all i have done is give him tlc and plenty of attention the rest he has done himself.
Im so proud of him.:)

dbooth82
18-Jun-10, 11:02
good on yous ,hes lovely ,all the best :D:D:D