PDA

View Full Version : halkirk indoor riding school

stromalassy
20-Jan-10, 19:44
Just want to say i took my horse to the indoor riding school in Halkirk yesterday for the very first time, i've never been in it before and was well impressed, it's a good size and very well maintained, i went along with two other girls i know and really enjoyed it, hopefully we're going to make it a weekly outing and can't wait until next week.

froal
20-Jan-10, 21:34
Thats good that you enjoyed it thats what it's all about with horses/ponies :D when i used to go i enjoyed it as well specially when it was wet/windy outside.
Thou i think Caithness could easily do with another one and slightly bigger....!! :)

madman
20-Jan-10, 22:05
hi guys how big is the indoor school?

Pony
20-Jan-10, 22:40
I think the bit you ride in is about 20m x 40m (size of a normal dressage arena - someone correct me if Im wrong). But it has additional space for a tying up / tacking up and viewing area.

Another indoor school would be ace - the one here is always fully booked during winter evenings so I reckon the county could support a second one.

Kathy@watten
20-Jan-10, 22:52
Here here indoor school is an asset for us in Caithness, would love another one tho and a full size one for jumping etc with warm up area....
Christy does a super job keeping it lovely for us all, we nearly live there in the winter!
The school brings a lot of joy to so many groups, RDA, pony club and riding club the BHS and other non horsey activities too.:D

mirandarainbow
20-Jul-11, 23:09
We were in it this evening doing dog agility and it was great! Does anyone know the number to book it? :) Cheers!

Jamboree
30-Jul-11, 23:16
I think the bit you ride in is about 20m x 40m (size of a normal dressage arena - someone correct me if Im wrong). But it has additional space for a tying up / tacking up and viewing area.

Another indoor school would be ace - the one here is always fully booked during winter evenings so I reckon the county could support a second one.

I agree about the booking - it's always very difficult to get a slot - could do with a better system of allocating it in the winter time but it is a great facility and we are very lucky to have it, and lucky to have Mr Cameron looking after it.

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 06:38
Hope to see some pictures of your horse learning to ride !