PDA

View Full Version : Liddels Disabled Parking

M R
20-Jan-10, 19:19
What is it with some people. To lazy to walk that extra 5 meters from the abled folks car park.

I watched 3 cars pull in to the disabled spaces & everyone that jumped out their cars were clearly fully operational, excuse the term.

Sheer LAZYNESS and out of order.

RANT COMPLETE

THANKS

jings00
20-Jan-10, 19:23
I know, Tesco car park can be just as bad!

sms
20-Jan-10, 19:33
Also annoying is the lazy people that park in the child and parent parking at somerfield and its clear they have no chidren not even a child seat in the car. Its hard with a 1 year old and getting a pram from the car we need extra space so i take up 2 somewhere else, much easier that way so i can open doors.

joxville
20-Jan-10, 19:35
What is it with some people. To lazy to walk that extra 5 meters from the abled folks car park.

I watched 3 cars pull in to the disabled spaces & everyone that jumped out their cars were clearly fully operational, excuse the term.

RANT COMPLETE

THANKS
Call that a rant??? That was a whinge, rants are longer. :roll:

Filed under 'Must Try Harder'.

[lol]

pat
20-Jan-10, 19:47
there was a local GP who always parked in the disabled carpark spaces at Safeway in Wick - never ever saw this person parked anywhere else at Safeway, ignored comments made, above reproach.

It should be made law that if the folk in the vehicle are not disabled a hefty fine or vehicle impounded for a few weeks - they will learn the hard way as to how difficult it can be to get around.

stromalassy
20-Jan-10, 19:50

RANT COMPLETE

THANKS I totally agree with you, see this all the time, my job entails sometimes taking disabled people out shopping and it really annoys me when i can't get a space because of able people parking in them.

M R
20-Jan-10, 19:55
Call that a rant??? That was a whinge, rants are longer. :roll:

Filed under 'Must Try Harder'.

[lol]

:D it was edited 3 times before posted

northener
20-Jan-10, 19:59
there was a local GP who always parked in the disabled carpark spaces at Safeway in Wick - never ever saw this person parked anywhere else at Safeway, ignored comments made, above reproach.

It should be made law that if the folk in the vehicle are not disabled a hefty fine or vehicle impounded for a few weeks - they will learn the hard way as to how difficult it can be to get around.

Well, they do get ticketed. It's one of our resident traffic warden's favourite 'hot spots'...and rightly so.

shazzap
20-Jan-10, 20:17

In supermarket carparks else where you get a fine.

George Brims
20-Jan-10, 20:28
Not that I would advocate any kind of vandalism or anything, but many years ago my late father found someone parked in a very silly place, without any right to be there, obstructing passage for others, and helping themselves to something that wasn't theirs to boot. When that eejit returned to his vehicle, none of his tyres had any air. Not only that, there were none of those wee rubber stem thingies where you put the air in.

Kodiak
20-Jan-10, 21:08
The two worst places in Thurso for people who park in a Disabled Parking space and do not have a Disabled Bule Badge are :-

1. The Co-op Car Park

2. The Parking Spaces in Trail Street ouside Sutherlands Chemist.

I am Disabled and nearly every time I try to park in one of these places I can not do so as they usually have cars parked that have not have a Disabled Badge Displayed.

I did complain to the Co-op and was informed that I should Telephone the Co-op Customer Services on 0800 0686727 if there were cars that did not have Disabled Badges and parked in the Disabled Spaces.

When I enquired where the Co-op Customer Services were I was informed that they were in Manchester and that was the correct place to contact with regard to Disabled Parking in the Thurso Co-op Car Park.

In other words they just do not want to know and they do not really care who parks within the Disabled Spaces.

brandy
20-Jan-10, 21:22
i know it burns me up to see peeps park in parent child parking with no children, or disabled parking.. oooohhhh or the one that really gets me right out front of tescos in that bit where the lines are in front of the first two spaces from the doors.. theres always someone parked there!
i will raise my hand and admit that i still use the parent child parking.. even though ben is 5, but its for saftey reasons. he is not able to cross the road with any sense at all.. and as he will just jump out and run, i try to get as close as i can so theres no roads to cross.
even though he is disabled didnt want to apply for a badge as i felt it would take away from someone who really needed it.. just have to make sure im faster than him, and that he cant get away from me *G*

J C Denton
20-Jan-10, 21:25
Not that I would advocate any kind of vandalism or anything, but many years ago my late father found someone parked in a very silly place, without any right to be there, obstructing passage for others, and helping themselves to something that wasn't theirs to boot. When that eejit returned to his vehicle, none of his tyres had any air. Not only that, there were none of those wee rubber stem thingies where you put the air in.

So this person was then parked there and causing an obstruction for even longer?

M R
20-Jan-10, 21:44
So this person was then parked there and causing an obstruction for even longer?

and helping themselves to something that wasn't theirs to boot.

Did you read this part ?

Well deserved i say

Gronnuck
20-Jan-10, 22:45
It seems Caithness has its share of thoughtless and selfish people after all, and there was me thinking everyone was lovely, friendly and considerate. :confused

Fluff
20-Jan-10, 22:53
Not to detract from, yes there are idiots who abuse these spaces, who is to stay they were not disabled?

A disability is not always one you can see. You don't know if they have a problem with breathing or walking etc..
Don't be to quick to judge please until you have all the facts.

Kodiak
20-Jan-10, 23:09
Not to detract from, yes there are idiots who abuse these spaces, who is to stay they were not disabled?

A disability is not always one you can see. You don't know if they have a problem with breathing or walking etc..

The only thing you can go by is if there is a Blue Disabled Badge displayed. If a vehicle is parked in a Disabled Space and there is no Badge displayed then that is a No No. If there is a Badge Displayed then no matter what you think a person looks like then they are entitled to park there.

Boozeburglar
21-Jan-10, 00:58
Not so!

Abuse of the Blue Card scheme is rife.

If you think someone is not entitled why not ask them?

I never use the badge when I am not with the disabled person, so I don't park in the spot.

Fran
21-Jan-10, 01:06
[quote=M R;647783]What is it with some people. To lazy to walk that extra 5 meters from the abled folks car park.

.................................................. ...........................................

As I have said in a previous post on disabled parking, some people can "get out of their cars and are clearly operational"...yes, they look fine, but maybe they cant walk "that extra 5 metres". They can look in excellent health, but like some I know, they can be dying of cancer or copd, have ms, have artificial legs, could be on dialysis, etc . I could go on so please dont judge people by their covers,
As for generally fit people abusing the system, they are very selfish and ignorant. They should think themselves lucky to have their health and park in the "healthy people areas" to enable a sick person who cant "walk the extra 5 metres" to get into the shop

shazzap
21-Jan-10, 01:10
It is not always the distance either some like myself need to open their car door to it's full extent.

upolian
21-Jan-10, 01:32
what is liddels?

Boozeburglar
21-Jan-10, 03:28
If you cannot surmise what that is, I suggest you hand back your license to DVLA and all sharp knives are removed from your kitchen. You are unsafe.

;)

M R
21-Jan-10, 11:57

When i see fluorescent yellow jackets jumping out of cars, running to get trolleys then i will 99% say that they are fit and well. Ok they maybe alittle fat and probably Un-fit after spending a hard day in dounreay, but they are fit enough to use the regular parking.

I am not one for Judging a Book by it's cover.

Those are the facts i went by

Please forgive my speelliiing ooov Liddelss i don't relize at eet eez solt lek LIDL, maybe i weeel sert usin em spaces ma sel coz a canna spell

Mrs Bucket
21-Jan-10, 12:18
When i see fluorescent yellow jackets jumping out of cars, running to get trolleys then i will 99% say that they are fit and well. Ok they maybe alittle fat and probably Un-fit after spending a hard day in dounreay, but they are fit enough to use the regular parking.

I am not one for Judging a Book by it's cover.

Those are the facts i went by

Please forgive my speelliiing ooov Liddelss i don't relize at eet eez solt lek LIDL, maybe i weeel sert usin em spaces ma sel coz a canna spell
I know where your coming from I know quite a few people who openly admit to lying to get a badge and ive tried reporting them and get nowhere

northener
21-Jan-10, 12:18
Gout ouch I think we should get a blue badge for thatg

Or in my case, drink less Old Pulteney:Razz

riggerboy
21-Jan-10, 12:49
i have a hidden disablity called tourettes, should i or should i not park in the disabilty area ??

BINBOB
21-Jan-10, 13:56
i have a hidden disablity called tourettes, should i or should i not park in the disabilty area ??

I think NOT.:roll:;)

BINBOB
21-Jan-10, 13:57
what is liddels?

LIDL.........u are a one..nice to see u on Monday.Great job,by David.;)

riggerboy
21-Jan-10, 14:44
I think NOT.:roll:;)

can you explain why not, as the parking area is for people with disabilities, it does not say which type the areas is for as i would think that would be discrimination against certain disabilities,

Phill
21-Jan-10, 15:08
can you explain why not, as the parking area is for people with disabilities, it does not say which type the areas is for as i would think that would be discrimination against certain disabilities,

oooh can I park in these spaces too, I've got contra-tourettes, I get easily outraged at posts on message boards.

northener
21-Jan-10, 18:15

Well I've just been discriminated against for answering your post with something i thought was quite funny.:Razz

I was quickly reminded that 'masking of swearwords' results in slapped wrists and a spell in the naughty corner...:(

Bad Northener, you bad boy.

tonkatojo
21-Jan-10, 18:59

It's simple RB, if you aint got a blue badge in your name keep out.:(

BINBOB
21-Jan-10, 19:08

U must use ur common sense as to why not!!!;)

George Brims
21-Jan-10, 21:40

Yes he was. I guess the old man thought the massive inconvenience to the offender would be enough of a lesson that it was worth the inconvenience to other folks (one of whom strolled by to offer a few salty comments as the guy was working on his car).

ducati
21-Jan-10, 23:58

RANT COMPLETE

THANKS

This is chronic everywhere in UK. The same for child friendly spaces but compare this to general lawlessness and it is hardly surprising.

Also I think there should be idiot’s parking spaces to give room to fling the door wide with no thought to the damage done by the gormless twats. It always seems to be crap car drivers who do it. Had it happen several times when I was sat in the bloody car and you try and get their insurance details and they just abuse you so next time you come out of Tesco/Lidl/Somerfield and your car’s on fire you know who you parked next to.

NOW THAT’S A RANT[mad]

joxville
22-Jan-10, 00:08
I suggest the next time a disabled person finds a reserved space taken by an able bodied driver is to park in front of the car and go do your shopping. That'll teach the selfish oaf for parking where they shouldn't. :)

ducati
22-Jan-10, 00:11
[quote=Fluff;647951]Not to detract from, yes there are idiots who abuse these spaces, who is to stay they were not disabled?

The authority issuing disabled badges presumably.

ducati
22-Jan-10, 00:14
I suggest the next time a disabled person finds a reserved space taken by an able bodied driver is to park in front of the car and go do your shopping. That'll teach the selfish oaf for parking where they shouldn't. :)

That would no doubt lead to the "Disabled person beaten to death in supermarket car park" headline[disgust]

joxville
22-Jan-10, 00:20
That would no doubt lead to the "Disabled person beaten to death in supermarket car park" headline[disgust]

No no no, it'll be okay, believe me. Just explain that I said you were allowed to do it and they'll understand.

PS Do you like grapes? ;)

northener
22-Jan-10, 09:15
This is chronic everywhere in UK. The same for child friendly spaces but compare this to general lawlessness and it is hardly surprising.

Also I think there should be idiot’s parking spaces to give room to fling the door wide with no thought to the damage done by the gormless twats. It always seems to be crap car drivers who do it. Had it happen several times when I was sat in the bloody car and you try and get their insurance details and they just abuse you so next time you come out of Tesco/Lidl/Somerfield and your car’s on fire you know who you parked next to.

NOW THAT’S A RANT[mad]

7/10

Not a bad attempt. A little short, mind. A 'full rant' should give you time to work up into a full head of steam. However, there are some good elements in this:
General sweeping comment at 'crap' drivers, sympathy play by mentioning you were sat in car and left open to abuse and comment that this is part of 'a general lawlessness' - always a good crowd pleaser.

Keep up the good work, Sir. I see a good future in ranting for you.:Razz

bekisman
22-Jan-10, 18:17
Just got back from Co-op in Thurso, got me blue badge (Knackered legs) found that could not park in the Disabled Bay as last one taken up by red MM Miller (Wick) van, two blokes sat in the front..

Anyway rang the number on the side of the van and informed the company that one of their vans was parked in Disabled Parking area and that there were at least 20 25 vacant spots elsewhere, and that it was not good publicity for their firm.. "Will deal with it right away" says girl.. yeah right..
They were sat there for about 20 minutes after we arrived, so no idea how long these very thoughtful people were there before we arrived..

Never mind expect the words 'DISABLED BADGE HOLDERS ONLY' was a wee bit too long to take in.
poor things

M R
22-Jan-10, 18:38
Next time i will get out my car !!!!! and when your standing in the que with your shopping, an example will be made off you, am not shy.

Courtesy Of M R

poppett
22-Jan-10, 18:49
Staff car was parked at Co-op carpark this afternoon in the parent and child space..it was there for her entire shift. Not so far to go for a smoke in the cold weather.

It is awful on Traill street too with vans using the disabled bays, or worse coming right behind the end one and blocking the corner on the double yellow lines.

Mention it to the offenders and it is likely to kick off road rage.

riggerboy
22-Jan-10, 21:03
i`m saying no more, i`m someones child and i have tourettes, am no driving no more

northener
22-Jan-10, 21:05
i`m saying no more, i`m someones child and i have tourettes, am no driving no more

How about bombing about on one of those leccy disabled scooters with a loudhailer for your Tourettes?

ducati
22-Jan-10, 21:10
7/10

Not a bad attempt. A little short, mind. A 'full rant' should give you time to work up into a full head of steam. However, there are some good elements in this:
General sweeping comment at 'crap' drivers, sympathy play by mentioning you were sat in car and left open to abuse and comment that this is part of 'a general lawlessness' - always a good crowd pleaser.

Keep up the good work, Sir. I see a good future in ranting for you.:Razz

I sit at the knee of greatness :cool:

spurtle
23-Jan-10, 11:18
I see Lidl's have now moved the disabled parking spaces to somewhere that is actually quite near the shop entrance. Until recently, they were half way across the car park.

Electric blue
23-Jan-10, 11:57

RANT COMPLETE

THANKS

Just because someone can apparently jump out of their car does not mean they are not disabled, what if they have a hidden disability. Can you as a supposedly able bodied person and I use this term lightly see a person with Epilepsy can you tell when a parent is going to have to carry a child who has had a seizure back to a car. Have you tried to carry someone who is 5 stone a long distance whilst other people stand on the side lines and watch you struggle to carry the person and get car doors open and never bother to ask if they can help. Even an obviously disabled person i.e in a wheelchair can ask if they can unlock a door but do they or do they just mutter and post saying that a seemingly able bodied person was in their parking spaces well it plays both ways so next time stop and think.

Think this qualifies as a rant

shazzap
23-Jan-10, 12:05
Just because someone can apparently jump out of their car does not mean they are not disabled, what if they have a hidden disability. Can you as a supposedly able bodied person and I use this term lightly see a person with Epilepsy can you tell when a parent is going to have to carry a child who has had a seizure back to a car. Have you tried to carry someone who is 5 stone a long distance whilst other people stand on the side lines and watch you struggle to carry the person and get car doors open and never bother to ask if they can help. Even an obviously disabled person i.e in a wheelchair can ask if they can unlock a door but do they or do they just mutter and post saying that a seemingly able bodied person was in their parking spaces well it plays both ways so next time stop and think.

Firstly i think it is disgusting that no one came to your aid, as it must have been blatantly obvious that you needed help.

But, this is not about who dose and doesn't look disabled but parking in disabled spaces with out a blue badge.

Electric blue
23-Jan-10, 12:08
Yes but was parked in one with a blue badge and still got stared and sneared at cos i can walk, the disabled person is a child.

shazzap
23-Jan-10, 12:20
Yes but was parked in one with a blue badge and still got stared and sneared at cos i can walk, the disabled person is a child.

It must have been obvious if you were carrying a child in distress that the child was disabled. Personally i would have turned to them and said YES.

northener
23-Jan-10, 13:43

Just tell the slack-jaws to go and poke.

But then again, they're usually the sort of people who treat anyone who is 'different' with suspicion and dislike......

M R
23-Jan-10, 13:49

Your welcome to rant on here, good for you, i hope you feel alot better after it.

I can't tell 100% they were using then legitimately any more than you can tell me they were, i guess i need to get out my car and go and check next time yeh. For all i know they were terrorist bombers in disguise.