PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

Each
20-Jan-10, 13:42
Thinking back on my posting history on this and other forums - I have come to the conclusion that I am more snappy and have less patience during December January and Feb - although I think all the snow has helped this year - it has'nt seemed so dark and gloomy ( even though the days are just as short).

Maybe its just too mauch food and not enough exercise !

northener
20-Jan-10, 15:38
Well, I....oh, what's the point.....

Phill
20-Jan-10, 15:53
They say to counter the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder you can sit in front of a light box and this tricks you into thinking its all nice and sunny.

I end up with seasonal outrage disorder, I sit in front of the flickering lights of my PC instead and end up posting inane rants to message boards.

Works for me!

Lavenderblue2
20-Jan-10, 16:45
Thinking back on my posting history on this and other forums - I have come to the conclusion that I am more snappy and have less patience during December January and Feb - although I think all the snow has helped this year - it has'nt seemed so dark and gloomy ( even though the days are just as short).

Maybe its just too mauch food and not enough exercise !

Each, I agree with you when you say that things haven't seemed so bad so far this year, because of the snow. The light is so much better in the snow, maybe this is the reason why I love it so much. :)

Regarding eating too much food, I'm always fine in the month of December and I never over indulge at Christmas but when January comes I can't stop eating. :eek: Roll on springtime.

Fran
20-Jan-10, 17:58
I got a sad lamp from E-bay. What a difference it makes. I have it sitting on the table while i have my breakfast and read the paper, that's all that is needed. i feel happier, more relaxed, sleep better, wake up feeling good...all the complete opposite to how i was. I feel like i did in the summer time. highly recommend it. it brightens up the kitchen so much that my neighbours must think i am growing cannabis plants!!!
I would definetly recommend these lamps. there is a small one in the argos book for about £45. Ny one is the big square one.

northener
20-Jan-10, 19:50
Sad lamps?
Lava lamps, they're quite sad. And the ones with the frilly bits on the bottom of the shade.

Kevin Milkins
20-Jan-10, 21:00
I got a sad lamp from E-bay. What a difference it makes. I have it sitting on the table while i have my breakfast and read the paper, that's all that is needed. i feel happier, more relaxed, sleep better, wake up feeling good...all the complete opposite to how i was. I feel like i did in the summer time. highly recommend it. it brightens up the kitchen so much that my neighbours must think i am growing cannabis plants!!!
I would definetly recommend these lamps. there is a small one in the argos book for about £45. Ny one is the big square one.

Then the electricity bill came, and all the will to live disappeared.:lol:

I have no doubt of the effects of sad and have met many Scandinavian people that holiday in Gran Canaria during the winter months to help combat these very real symptoms.
I notice when we have had some winter sunshine abroad we feel much better for it.:Razz

Each
21-Jan-10, 22:36
Thanks for the suggestions - definatley a trip to gran caneria is my favourite - I ll start saving now for next year...:lol:

ducati
24-Jan-10, 13:27
Thanks for the suggestions - definatley a trip to gran caneria is my favourite - I ll start saving now for next year...:lol:

Talking of lamps, have you seen the one advertised on tele for 14 quid

that ud cheer you up...

lasher
24-Jan-10, 16:23
Personally I think it's another made up illness for lazy people!! [evil]