PDA

View Full Version : Ever wish you hadn't made that bet?

Leanne
19-Jan-10, 23:16
I made a silly mistake of telling my other half that I'd get married at the Manchester City stadium if Manchester City beat Manchester United in the derby. I though it wouldn't happen - well it has! Stupid me!!!!!

Leanne
19-Jan-10, 23:17
I'd get married anywhere to be honest to marry the man of my dreams :) :) :) booooo it won't let me have any more smileys...

kriklah
19-Jan-10, 23:44
my eldest sister was pregnant, my younger sister was pregnant, someone layed odds on whethers all 3 of us could be pregnant at the same time. with jsut 6 weeks to go till eldest sister was due...................ta daaaaa.....i fell pregnant!!!!! now bearing in mind this was the 4th for each of my sisters and my 5th, our mother was having kittens!!!!!!! lol(joking aside my cat had 2 litters while i was expecting!!)

Rheghead
19-Jan-10, 23:59
Well I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Alan Ball and chain for ye.

Kathy@watten
20-Jan-10, 00:36
Well as they say in Caithness Leanne "that'll learn you" or " you'll know for again!" mind you, you'll have plenty of seating for your guests! Blue or reds??

George Brims
20-Jan-10, 01:23
Kiefer Sutherland certainly regrets betting on the football last week:
http://screencrave.com/2010-01-13/kiefer-sutherland-wears-a-dress-on-david-letterman/

Vistravi
20-Jan-10, 14:25
my eldest sister was pregnant, my younger sister was pregnant, someone layed odds on whethers all 3 of us could be pregnant at the same time. with jsut 6 weeks to go till eldest sister was due...................ta daaaaa.....i fell pregnant!!!!! now bearing in mind this was the 4th for each of my sisters and my 5th, our mother was having kittens!!!!!!! lol(joking aside my cat had 2 litters while i was expecting!!)

A family affair ;)

someone said the same at work yesterday. There are three of us at work pregnant now. There is my collegue who is on maternity leave due next week. Myself due in may and another one of my collegues has just announced that she is 12 weeks pregnant. Needless to say my boss is panicking. So when someone else said oh i wonder who will be next she was hyperventiling(sp) at the very thought :lol:

Vistravi
20-Jan-10, 14:26
I made a silly mistake of telling my other half that I'd get married at the Manchester City stadium if Manchester City beat Manchester United in the derby. I though it wouldn't happen - well it has! Stupid me!!!!!

Uh oh is there time to retract that statement? ;)

Invisible
20-Jan-10, 14:29

There's a return leg next week though

Leanne
20-Jan-10, 19:24
There's a return leg next week though

Ha ha - that's what my mum said ;)

Stig
20-Jan-10, 20:23

The cat had kittens and I think your mum had rabbits[lol]

Phill
27-Jan-10, 23:26
Man Utd 3 - 1 Man City (agg 4-3)

So, is the wedding on or off?

Leanne
27-Jan-10, 23:28
Wedding on but I get to pick the venue now :) :) :)

Any ideas anyone?

Phill
27-Jan-10, 23:30
Silver Darlings!!!!

:lol:

Dynamic Sounds
27-Jan-10, 23:46
Ain't there a landrover convention you can get married at?

Leanne
28-Jan-10, 00:00
Ain't there a landrover convention you can get married at?

Now there's an idea! Nearest one is Perthshire...

ShelleyCowie
28-Jan-10, 00:01
Would you like an outdoor or indoor wedding? :D

I want to get married in Skye at the top of Oronsay....cant see any of my family wanting to climb that with me though! [lol]

Leanne
28-Jan-10, 00:05
Would you like an outdoor or indoor wedding? :D

I want to get married in Skye at the top of Oronsay....cant see any of my family wanting to climb that with me though!

I'm an outdoor kinda girl... The beach would be a good one! I've got pics where you could swear it were somewhere exotic ;)

ShelleyCowie
28-Jan-10, 00:08
I'm an outdoor kinda girl... The beach would be a good one! I've got pics where you could swear it were somewhere exotic ;)

Ooooh brilliant....adventurous! ;)

Wouldnt it just be great to get married in the water? That would be nice if the water is something you like and dont care about your dress getting wet! :lol:

Outdoor weddings are not all that common anymore...people worry too much about the weather. I couldnt care, would stand out in the rain or snow to get married!

Boozeburglar
28-Jan-10, 02:36
I got married in the same room as Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Liam Gallagher. Not at the same time, he he.

I don't think it gets better than Westminster!

:)

Leanne
28-Jan-10, 09:45
Wouldnt it just be great to get married in the water? That would be nice if the water is something you like and dont care about your dress getting wet! :lol:

A scuba wedding in the Sea Life Centre would be cool - except scuba makes me claustraphobic. My other ideas were at Alton Towers theme park on one of the rides (with photos in the pretty garden) or Chester Zoo which has a lovely hall...