PDA

View Full Version : Flybe question

Margaret M.
19-Jan-10, 21:03
I booked a July flight across the Atlantic and went to Flybe to book the flight for Edinburgh to Wick. According to the Internet booking site, there are no Flybe flights into Wick on a Tuesday. I know it probably must be the case but I just want to double check before I pay to switch the other ticket. Their office closed at 6:30pm so I can't call them and I'd like to get the bookings done today. When did the Tuesday flights stop?

Phill
19-Jan-10, 21:17
They chopped the Tuesday flights a while back and put on a Sunday one in place.

northener
19-Jan-10, 21:55
Yup. +1 on that.

bettedaviseyes
19-Jan-10, 22:56
now i seen that advert in the daily record 2 weeks ago edinburgh to wick for £40.99 return thought it was a get deal as i was coming to wick to see family and friends and the train take soooooooooooo long i went to the travel agent asked them about it the lady told me it would be £499 i was like what a joke so i went to another travel agent they looked into it a bit more into it they thought it was a great deal too but did not hear of it in the end they could not find it they gave me the number for flybe when i asked about it the simply said sorry we dont have that deal they only have £39 return from edinburgh to wick single which would end any day so ened up on the train 10 hour and 30mins cause of the weather to get to wick [disgust]

Margaret M.
20-Jan-10, 02:35
They chopped the Tuesday flights a while back and put on a Sunday one in place.

What a bummer, I was hoping there was a glitch in their website. I'm stuck with the Continental flights I have since the price has increased so much since I bought them. I was so busy making sure that I wouldn't need a weekend flight up north that it never entered my mind that Flybe would have cut a weekday flight. Looks like I will be flying from Edinburgh to Kirkwall and taking the Pentalina across the water. I see Flybe has three flights per day Mon - Fri and two flights per day on the weekend between Edinburgh and Kirkwall. It's a pity there's not enough traffic in Wick to warrant more than 5 flights per week.

northener
20-Jan-10, 10:07
now i seen that advert in the daily record 2 weeks ago edinburgh to wick for £40.99 return thought it was a get deal as i was coming to wick to see family and friends and the train take soooooooooooo long i went to the travel agent asked them about it the lady told me it would be £499 i was like what a joke so i went to another travel agent they looked into it a bit more into it they thought it was a great deal too but did not hear of it in the end they could not find it they gave me the number for flybe when i asked about it the simply said sorry we dont have that deal they only have £39 return from edinburgh to wick single which would end any day so ened up on the train 10 hour and 30mins cause of the weather to get to wick [disgust]

Where the hell they got that price from I don't know.

Normal price from Wick to Embra' each way is £49 + taxes, you're looking at £120 return. Good deal if you're by yourself (as opposed to driving).

Maybe your travel agent needed glasses? (£499....£49?)

Tom Cornwall
20-Jan-10, 14:48
Looks like I will be flying from Edinburgh to Kirkwall and taking the Pentalina across the water. I see Flybe has three flights per day Mon - Fri and two flights per day on the weekend between Edinburgh and Kirkwall. It's a pity there's not enough traffic in Wick to warrant more than 5 flights per week.

margaret, you're a bit of an expert on travelling up north,(see above), you should have been a travel agent, ...you should take the ferry from St Margaret's Hope to Groats...say hello to Ivor for me

Venture
07-Feb-10, 11:19
Ive just tried to book a flight from Wick to Edinburgh return for this week and it has come up as £325. I saw flights advertised for £49 somewhere as mentioned above but can't seem to find any online. Can someone point me in the right direction or is this the real price for the flight?

Kevin Milkins
07-Feb-10, 11:55
Ive just tried to book a flight from Wick to Edinburgh return for this week and it has come up as £325. I saw flights advertised for £49 somewhere as mentioned above but can't seem to find any online. Can someone point me in the right direction or is this the real price for the flight?

That sounds about right for Flybe, unless you book well in advance it is difficult to pick up any bargain flights with them,(especially return).

It is still my ambition to fly South from Wick, but as yet the prices have been prohibitive.:confused

Venture
07-Feb-10, 12:22
That sounds about right for Flybe, unless you book well in advance it is difficult to pick up any bargain flights with them,(especially return).

It is still my ambition to fly South from Wick, but as yet the prices have been prohibitive.:confused

Thanks Kevin, you are probably right about the booking in advance savings. On this occasion I wasn't able to do that. The purpose of the flight is to attend a funeral.

LMS
07-Feb-10, 13:46
Thanks Kevin, you are probably right about the booking in advance savings. On this occassion I wasn't able to do that. The purpose of the flight is to attend a funeral.

It is wise to book in advance - my husband purchased a single for £40 using the ADS card for a July flight.

The ADS card saves 40% on the fare. Obviously when the fare itself is cheap, it makes a small difference but at the last minutes it makes a massive difference. WIC-EDI on 12th Feb, returning on 14th Feb is £176 plus £33.30 = £209.30, use your ADS card and it is £105.60 plus £33.30 = £138.90. If there are a few of you travelling it really makes a difference.

Venture
07-Feb-10, 14:08
It is wise to book in advance - my husband purchased a single for £40 using the ADS card for a July flight.

The ADS card saves 40% on the fare. Obviously when the fare itself is cheap, it makes a small difference but at the last minutes it makes a massive difference. WIC-EDI on 12th Feb, returning on 14th Feb is £176 plus £33.30 = £209.30, use your ADS card and it is £105.60 plus £33.30 = £138.90. If there are a few of you travelling it really makes a difference.

Thanks for the infomation LMS. It's something I shall look into for future flights. As I have already said on this occasion I only had a couple of days notice.

LMS
07-Feb-10, 14:44
http://www.airdiscountscheme.com

Here's the link to the ADS website. It is very handy to have the card, even if you don't plan to use it. You never know when you might need to go somewhere in a hurry.