PDA

View Full Version : New Music on Myspace

theboysintheband
02-May-06, 11:42
I know its not really many of your cups of tea but for anyones that it is...then theres a new Maydays tune up on myspace (www.myspace.com/themaydaysinternet (http://www.myspace.com/themaydaysinternet)) called 'White in Sunlight'.Feel free to have a listen. sorry about the poor quality of recording!Thanks for your time

theboysintheband
28-Aug-06, 19:49
...basically the same as above but something new and it doesn't have the same name as the last one!! Its still untitled...anyway have a listen if u like!Cheers!

tearaway
30-Aug-06, 17:50
Brilliant music, definitely the best band in Caithness, people should start taking more notice around here!!!

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 18:31
Brilliant music, definitely the best band in Caithness, people should start taking more notice around here!!!

Of course, opinions are subjective.

I quite like the new song.

Why do you guys never play in Thurso?

theboysintheband
30-Aug-06, 19:04
Thanks ever so much Tearaway and Im glad u think so! Jeid is right about the opionion bit tho!

Mmm...well i've always thought that up here people were more into the heavier or punkier stuff (altho...wick does seem to have a good few cover bands playin indie music these days). I suppose we just thought there wasn't really a place for our kinda thing up here.

Is there any new Astronot stuff up? Liked ur set at that big gig!

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 21:44
I think there's room for a bit of everything in Thurso. Would you's play here if you were offered something?

No new Astronot stuff up yet. We're thinking about recording again, but not 100% sure when though. Gonna spend some time writing over the next while and beef up our set a little. Glad you enjoyed our set, thanks very much.

theboysintheband
30-Aug-06, 22:43
was the tune u opened with an original? It had good harmonies in the chorus

Im not too sure really. the thing is we only do about a half hour to 40 min set...dont most places what a bleedin 3 hour gig!?

where did u record them tunes that r up?

I suppose there could be a thread subject in this..whether Caithness is a place for certain styles

Jeid
30-Aug-06, 22:47
The opening song was an original... its on our myspace page and on our website, its called Alien Action. The harmonies only came about when we recorded it. Never really thought about it until then. Four of the songs we played that day were our own.

As for gigs, if you got an arranged gig(somewhere like the Redwood with a couple of other bands) 40mins would probably be fine.

We recorded those tracks ourselves at Murkle Bay... we got Mark Wright to master them for us. Was just a quick demo which we recorded in a day. Perhaps once we've written a few more songs and played a couple more gigs, we'll get a proper CD out... most likely for free.

I think there's a market for all kinds of styles in Caithness. Its all about promotion at the end of the day. If the bands can promote themselves right, then they'll get the crowds in.

scridge
31-Aug-06, 12:23
I think there's room for a bit of everything in Thurso. Would you's play here if you were offered something?

well my brothers band Colin are playing in thurso at the Holburn on Sunday and they played the Central last weekend i've been trying to convince them to advertise themselves a bit more so people will turn up. and they are one fo the indie bands playin in wick jsut now. they are pretty good even if indie isnt my prefered style o music

scridge
31-Aug-06, 12:28
ok so like 2 seconds after posting this i realised that one of the band members of Colin has already posted a thread on here advertising the gig. my bad

theboysintheband
31-Aug-06, 15:14
Infact its not even just the harmonies that i like about it, its a ruddy good melody. the recordings sound bleedin good for a days work! we do ours on a multi track thing and they sumtimes turn out decent an other times not. we should really spend a bit more time on the recording side of things.

I suppose ur right but we'd surely need to find bands of a similar style to play the same nite?in which case it would need to be a cover band, unless theres some original indie bands hidin about sumwhere!?! Or u think i would matter that much... I spoke with Darren from BH and we talked about maybe doin sum joint gig sumtime.

Jeid
31-Aug-06, 15:26
I don't think it really matters much. People are usually quite happy just seeing bands play.

TazHowlinGael
11-Oct-06, 20:11
How do you go about putting music up on MySpace?

Taz

theboysintheband
14-Oct-06, 14:25
if u go on myspace and sign up but mind to sign up as an ARTIST...if not u dont get the opportunity to use the player thingy! and i think its pretty much a case of following the steps from there!