PDA

View Full Version : My cat spraying and pooing

openminder
19-Jan-10, 09:36
Any1 got advice on my boy cat spraying in the house every once and a while,, also he takes the motion twice a week to poo in the house about my washing or on the newspapers,, it gets annoying as my other cat dont do this she goes into her litter tray, :confused

Kathy@watten
19-Jan-10, 10:11
Is there a change to his routine on the accident days?, has the cat access to going out ie open door or cat flap? could there be a dietry reason like food that disagrees? my cat gets a bit " quick" on a few cat type tins!

Leanne
19-Jan-10, 10:18
One of my old cats wouldn't go if the litter tray is even slightly dirty, instead going on the bathroom mat :roll:. I had to keep the litter tray super clean :roll:. Also when you clean up do you use bleach? If so this can encourage them. Washing powder works the best :)

neepnipper
19-Jan-10, 10:36
Has he had the snip? If he hasn't I'd suggest this to stop the spraying, may also help with the pooing, he may be doing this for territorial reasons.

Frith
19-Jan-10, 12:35
Behavioural toileting problems are very complexed. You say you have other cats. How many do you have? And how many litter trays? You should have at least one tray for each cat. Are any of the cats new additions? Where do you feed the cats in relation to the position of the litter trays? Are there any new cats in the neighbourhood?