PDA

View Full Version : Rescue yearling needs wardrobe

cameroncara
18-Jan-10, 23:33
Can anyone help i have just taken on a rescue case a yearling (13.2 hh) and im looking for a wardrope for him he is currently in 5ft but im sure it wont be long before he needs 5ft 3 so if anyone has any old pony rugs etc that they want to clear out, im not wanting to spend lots on him as im sure he is going to grow out of things very very quickly if you can help please pm thanks. :)
xx

froal
19-Jan-10, 21:02
How sad where did you get him from ?
Sorry but i've no rugs but do have a nice pony sized headcollar you can have as it's too big for one of mine and had to get a shetland pony size :roll: but your more and welcome to it ! :) would love to see a photo ! it would good to see how he progresses too :D

munron
19-Jan-10, 22:20
I am trying to think what I have but certainly nothing in that size. I do have a fleece cooler which is 6 9 but if you were handy with a sewing machine and folded it over it could do as a makeshift stable rug. I will have a think if I have anything else for the wee man.

Well done you for taking him on and giving him a fresh start :)

Jovi
19-Jan-10, 23:38
Sorry I've only got smaller..and bigger but will ask around,hope you find what you need. Good luck with your rescue..but be warned..I started out with one rescue and ended up with 4!! ;)

Nibbler
20-Jan-10, 09:56
Hi Cameroncara

I dont have any rugs and cant think of anyone with that particular size but I have had a quick look on ebay and there are 13 rugs for 5ft 3".

Prices vary from £21 plus £6 postage (buy it now) to £49 and £7 postage. There are some auction ones which may be cheaper and both stable and new zealands as well.

I hope you can get something for the wee one. And, if it is going to cost money, hopefully, it wont be much. If you do need to buy, I'm sure I could do a contribution to the costs (my birthday is coming up and I will say I'm wanting a rug!!!!)

Let me know if you need to go down the buying route and I will see what I can do

cameroncara
21-Jan-10, 12:06
Thakyou all so much for the lovely comments,
Frodo was rescued last june from a farm in aberdeenshire he was one of a group of 27ish horses found in terrible state with dead carcasses etc all around. He has been in the hands of the ILPH or world horse welfare as they are now known. His dam had to PTS due to her condition.
He arrived with me yesterday and has settled in fantastically and travelled like a star.

He is 13.2hh and is approx 14/15mths old. His dam was a TB and his sire was a welsh D.

Nibbler, thankyou for the offer to contribute towards a rug but please dont worry about that this appeal was more that if anyone has any old bits and pieces that they would like to get rid of as Frodo wil grow so fast I dont want to buy to much at this stage.

Here is a pic of him when he arrived yesterday.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/cameroncara/DSC03044.jpg

Pony
21-Jan-10, 21:40
Good on you - he is a lovely boy. Always nice to see a happy ending for the poor less fortunate horsies. Im pretty sure I have some suitable sized rugs (stable and turnout) that you can have. Will need to have a lookie in cupboards but will get back to you tomorrow or Saturday with details.

cameroncara
21-Jan-10, 22:53
Good on you - he is a lovely boy. Always nice to see a happy ending for the poor less fortunate horsies. Im pretty sure I have some suitable sized rugs (stable and turnout) that you can have. Will need to have a lookie in cupboards but will get back to you tomorrow or Saturday with details.

That would be great xx

Stavro
21-Jan-10, 23:40
Wish you every success collecting bits 'n' bobs for Frodo. He certainly deserves it. :)

cameroncara
22-Jan-10, 12:29
Wish you every success collecting bits 'n' bobs for Frodo. He certainly deserves it. :)

Thankyou xx

cameroncara
26-Jan-10, 19:45
I just wanted to say a big thankyou to Pony for donating rugs to Frodo, anything that is donated after Frodo has finished with it if its in good condition will be boxed up and sent down to ilph to support the other horses and ponies that they have. So thanks again, its really really appreciated.

Liz
27-Jan-10, 00:16
Well done cameroncara for giving Frodo such a wonderful home and so sad how all these poor horses must have suffered.:~(
How can people do this?!!!![evil]

Very kind of you Pony to donate some rugs for this lovely boy.:D

Nibbler
27-Jan-10, 09:09
Cameroncara - Glad to see you got rugs for Frodo and that you will pass them on once he has outgrown them (if they are in a fit state - I have seen first hand what yearlings can do to rugs). (Well, I say yearlings, the older animals can be just as bad :lol:.)

Pony - very generous of you to give rugs for him.

He seems a very laid back boy from your photo.

Wish you all the best with him. He can start a new life now and a happy one :)

Pony
27-Jan-10, 20:52
Glad to see rugs getting put to a good use. Hopefully they will fit Frodo at least for a while!! Thanks also to Alexandra who will probably be putting up with the fragrance of horse in her car for a wee while tomorrow!!