PDA

View Full Version : Snooping around people's homes...

Turquoise
18-Jan-10, 21:44
Why is it that the guests on 'Come Dine With Me' insist on going snooping around their host's bedroom and underwear drawers???

I know it's for entertainment but that doesn't force them to try on people's underwear and things :eek: [disgust]

upolian
18-Jan-10, 21:45
very sad thing to do

northener
18-Jan-10, 22:41
Because slack-jawed idiots will sit there and watch it.....

Not you Turquoise, I'm sure.

Turquoise
18-Jan-10, 22:43
Because slack-jawed idiots will sit there and watch it.....

Not you Turquoise, I'm sure.

Well I oughta....

northener
18-Jan-10, 22:51
Well I oughta....

My underpant drawer is in disarray..is there something you need to tell me?

Invisible
18-Jan-10, 22:57
I would lock my room, cos in one of my drawers is my wife................................oh no did i say that out loud?

Turquoise
18-Jan-10, 23:04
My underpant drawer is in disarray..is there something you need to tell me?

Yep, I found a pair of pink frillies and also Jox's strap...anything you want to tell us...???

Blarney
18-Jan-10, 23:52
Yep, I found a pair of pink frillies and also Jox's strap...anything you want to tell us...???
Ha, ha! Think Northerner is a Y-Front chap - can't quite envisage him in pink frillies but I bet he HAS got hidden depths. That programme is not something I watch myself but I think I would love that rooting about bit as it brings out the voyeur which is in everyone! I did enjoy a programme that used to be on a few years ago with Dame Edna. Can't remember what it was called but she went into someone's home and literally pulled it to bits. Nothing was sacred - she would empty everything from their bedside drawer to the toaster on to the middle of the floor. It was a real cringe programme but so funny [lol]

Creme_Egg
19-Jan-10, 10:49
The things people do now a days for kicks. Beyond belief

Im sure the draw with all the bills and paperwork in would be much more telling about who they are ;)

joxville
19-Jan-10, 22:07

Never in my life have I worn a Jock strap. However, pink frillies..........[lol]

Moira
20-Jan-10, 00:55
Why is it that the guests on 'Come Dine With Me' insist on going snooping around their host's bedroom and underwear drawers???
I know it's for entertainment but that doesn't force them to try on people's underwear and things :eek: [disgust]

If you know it's for entertainment, why are you questioning it?

I guess you are a friend of Joxville's.

Turquoise
20-Jan-10, 01:10
If you know it's for entertainment, why are you questioning it?

I guess you are a friend of Joxville's.

It was a rhetorical question; I was merely posting a thread about something which gets to me about the programme.

No, I don't know Joxville.

Moira
20-Jan-10, 01:43
It was a rhetorical question; I was merely posting a thread about something which gets to me about the programme.

No, I don't know Joxville.

Do you know the meaning of "rhetorical" Turquoise?
No?

I don't know Joxville either.

Turquoise
20-Jan-10, 01:48
Do you know the meaning of "rhetorical" Turquoise?
No?

I don't know Joxville either.

Yes, I do. Thank you.

Why exactly are you asking these questions? It was a light-hearted thread. :confused

Stavro
20-Jan-10, 01:55
... I guess you are a friend of Joxville's.

Would you be fishing for information, Moira?

Moira
20-Jan-10, 01:59
Yes, I do. Thank you.

Why exactly are you asking these questions? It was a light-hearted thread. :confused

Ok, I accept that.
I just wondered why you were posing "rhetorical" questions whilst still looking for an answer.

Moira
20-Jan-10, 02:07
Would you be fishing for information, Moira?

No of course not Stavro. Why on Earth would I do that?

Turquoise
20-Jan-10, 02:08
I was opening a discussion on a subject, not actually asking a question.

Does it really matter that much to you, that you would bother asking such irrelevant questions in the first place?

No? Thank goodness, I'm off to bed!

Moira
20-Jan-10, 02:21
I was opening a discussion on a subject, not actually asking a question.

Does it really matter that much to you, that you would bother asking such irrelevant questions in the first place?

No? Thank goodness, I'm off to bed!

Does this mean the "discussion" is over?

Thanks to all for their input. :)

LMS
20-Jan-10, 09:36

Well here we have Turquoise starting a thread, not necessarily a heavy-weight topic such as 'Global Warning Propaganda' or others, but a light-hearted one on a very popular programme. Then along comes the thread police and the person in question downs every comment Turquoise has made with cheeky inverted comma comments at every turn. If you aren't one of the cherished "we can speak whatever trock we want and get a pat on the back at every turn" posting brigade then you get shot down in flames.

Anyway rant over. It has been bugging me for months that some posters get downed at every turn but I think I must have got straight out of bed and onto my soapbox this morning. Off it now, thank you.

Turquoise
20-Jan-10, 10:36
Well here we have Turquoise starting a thread, not necessarily a heavy-weight topic such as 'Global Warning Propaganda' or others, but a light-hearted one on a very popular programme. Then along comes the thread police and the person in question downs every comment Turquoise has made with cheeky inverted comma comments at every turn. If you aren't one of the cherished "we can speak whatever trock we want and get a pat on the back at every turn" posting brigade then you get shot down in flames.

Anyway rant over. It has been bugging me for months that some posters get downed at every turn but I think I must have got straight out of bed and onto my soapbox this morning. Off it now, thank you.

Thank you very much indeed - my feelings entirely!!

I hate the belittling that goes on here constantly, where people are made to feel like fools for having bad spelling, grammar, etc. I have seen in the past, so many times, people being made to feel stupid and it turns out they are dyslexic. It needs to stop.

It is bullying, plain and simple.

pat
20-Jan-10, 11:56
Cannot understand the need to look through what other folk have - every time come back from the Mainland neighbour arrives as start to unpack car and desperate to see what has been brought back, other folks shopping holds no interest to me personally.

My pal who moved here a couple of years ago (lives about 26 miles away) cannot get over her neighbours offering to hold her keys whist she is away - they openly say to her that they want to have a good scran through her house and with her away they have the chance! Needless to say she does not hand over her keys to the neighbours - leaves them with me as knows I am not interested in looking.

Not only am not interested, would not be so rude as to even think about invading someones personal property and space, that would be equivalent to having a burglar go through everything - the ultimate rape as far as I am concerned.

Angela
20-Jan-10, 12:11
Cannot understand the need to look through what other folk have

Me neither Pat, except I'll admit to gawping at other people's trolleys in the supermarket queue!

Slightly OT....last week I had an online food delivery. The driver dumped loads of bags and went off for more, despite my yelling "Hang on! I don't think this can all be mine!"

I'd not ordered that much and started rootling through the bags to see if there were extra items I'd not ordered, to discover it was all part of someone else's order, with stuff like steaks, pineapple and watermelon..... sadly not mine! The only thing we had in common was a packet of oatcakes! :lol:

I've no interest whatsover in looking at other folks' personal things and wouldn't want them looking in my underwear drawer either.:(

gleeber
20-Jan-10, 12:29
I see the org a bit like an underwear drawer of the mind. :eek: We expose more about ourselves on here than we would be likely to do in the supermarket. Does'nt stop us loooking though. Nosey sods. :Razz

Blarney
21-Jan-10, 23:27

Have just picked up this thread again and cannot believe the arrogance of this post. Not content with previously trying to score points on the thread originator, this person then has the audacity to try and close the thread because she has finished with it. A glance at the threads would tell you that most of them are simply conversation pieces and not to be taken seriously so I can only assume that there is an underlying reason for this bad-tempered strop. I hope that new orgers won't be dissuaded from participating in discussion for fear of being ridiculed by people who should know better.

Boozeburglar
22-Jan-10, 14:50
Who wears underwear these days?

Turquoise
22-Jan-10, 17:19
Who wears underwear these days?

I think everyone, except Arnie - he's Commando :lol: