PDA

View Full Version : Subsidised Air Travel

Kingetter
02-May-06, 00:34
A wee while ago (I thought) I heard that the Government was introducing a subsidy scheme for Air Travel - 40% reductions or something like that. It is supposed to benefit for instance Caithness folk going to Shetland/Orkney or vice versa.
Has anyone else picked up on this or did I just dream it? I've been trying to find something about it in the online Scottish Executive pages but that seems to be a waste of time.

changilass
02-May-06, 00:47
A wee while ago (I thought) I heard that the Government was introducing a subsidy scheme for Air Travel - 40% reductions or something like that. It is supposed to benefit for instance Caithness folk going to Shetland/Orkney or vice versa.
Has anyone else picked up on this or did I just dream it? I've been trying to find something about it in the online Scottish Executive pages but that seems to be a waste of time.

We got form sent through the post, have filled them in but heard nothing back as yet.

Kingetter
02-May-06, 00:51
Just recently?

Bill Fernie
02-May-06, 00:55
Yesit is true
Information is in our Flying News page and link to the web site
http://www.caithness.org/flying/index.htm

We received applications forms in the post without asking but not sure what the distribution was. You should be able to apply after look at the web site. you need to get a card entitling you to the discounts.

Kingetter
02-May-06, 01:03
Many thanks. Will be heading for Shetland in September and was waiting for this news before booking flights from Wick.
Thanks again.

Ann
02-May-06, 08:20
Just go to the airport (any) and ask for the discount form. I got one last week and have sent it off.
Ann

rainbow
02-May-06, 09:43
Bad news Kingetter - the direct flight to Shetland is being withdrawn, so the flight from Edinburgh to Wick will now continue onto Kirkwall and NOT Shetland. I was told you will need to wait in Kirkwall for 7 hours to await a flight to Shetland. Scandalous!!

Countryman
02-May-06, 09:45
Has anyone had a reply to their application - sent one off when they first came out - no word since.

Kingetter
02-May-06, 09:48
You're joking? Yesterday was May 1st, not April 1st! When?

badger
02-May-06, 11:10
The forms were supposed to be sent to all residents but I know other people who haven’t had them. You can download from the airdiscountscheme.com website under Application. I sent my form off but haven’t heard back yet. Expect it will be last minute like the free bus pass and don’t think the discount air fares take effect until mid-May.

Kingetter
02-May-06, 12:04
I wonder how they came up with the names of who to send to .. Electoral Roll?

johndy
02-May-06, 16:53
You can pick up the forms at any highland libraries.

brandy
02-May-06, 18:04
Or you can just print them out

http://www.airdiscountscheme.com/airds/files/application%20final_100406.pdf

laguna2
02-May-06, 18:11
The forms were supposed to be sent to all residents but I know other people who haven’t had them. You can download from the airdiscountscheme.com website under Application. I sent my form off but haven’t heard back yet. Expect it will be last minute like the free bus pass and don’t think the discount air fares take effect until mid-May.

Thanks Badger. I hadn't received forms but thanks to your information have now downloaded said form and will complete it and send it off.