PDA

View Full Version : The Boat That Rocked

Liz
17-Jan-10, 19:05
I have just finished watching this on DVD and it is the best film I have watched in a long time.

It's about pirate radio and so funny.:lol:

Anyone else seen it?

Connor.
18-Jan-10, 15:46
Yeah, watched it a month or two ago.

Really great British comedy which is good to see more of. The likes of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz(which Nick Frost who is in "The Boat That Rocked" is in.) are comedic genius.

The American version cut about 40 minutes off the film (2 hours 10 minutes) because of censorship or something, they also renamed the film "Pirate Radio".

Well worth a watch, would recommend it to anyone.

Sage
18-Jan-10, 21:23
Love it :D

We bought it over Xmas with a whole load of other dvds just to watch instead of the rubbish that was on tv. So glad we got it, it's one of those films you can watch over and over again!

Liz
18-Jan-10, 23:27
Glad you both liked it.

Lots of laugh out loud moments. I love Bill Nighy!:lol:

The sixties music throughout is so good as well.:D

Happy Guy
19-Jan-10, 00:09
I have a very good friend who was a dj on Radio Caroline (in fact still is on the now landbased station) Ive not seen the film, but if half of what he tells me of his time on the Ship based operation is true, would think the real thing was pretty comical too

Angela
19-Jan-10, 14:15
I watched it the other night Liz, and absolutely loved it. The best film I've seen for ages.

Fair took me back to my teenage years - falling asleep with my tranny left on, in between my oh- so- trendy candy- striped flannelette sheets! :roll:

The 60s music was great too and at moments I was dancing round the room! :eek::lol:

Liz
19-Jan-10, 14:39
I have a very good friend who was a dj on Radio Caroline (in fact still is on the now landbased station) Ive not seen the film, but if half of what he tells me of his time on the Ship based operation is true, would think the real thing was pretty comical too
Well if the film was based on fact he would have had a brilliant time!:lol:

I watched it the other night Liz, and absolutely loved it. The best film I've seen for ages.

Fair took me back to my teenage years - falling asleep with my tranny left on, in between my oh- so- trendy candy- striped flannelette sheets!

The 60s music was great too and at moments I was dancing round the room!

It was a real feelgood movie wasn't it Angela?:D

I love 60's music and have got a few CDs which are great.

RELAX
23-Feb-10, 11:07
i really enjoyed this film and fantastic music

igglepiggle
23-Feb-10, 12:02
I thought it was fantastic! highly recommend!